Payless v Cabrera Medina

Started by cdm82, February 23, 2017, 20:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdm82

Hi, I normally use Cabrera or Cicar for cr hire however on booking for July this year Payless are 70 euro cheaper. Can anyone tell me the difference between them as I thought they were the same company . Should I stick with Cabrera or give payless a go .Thanks
cdmccarthy

paully

Payless are owned by Cabrera Medina as are Cicar. Payless have different pricing but principally the same terms and conditions of the parent company. A lot of the fleet are Fiat and Opel cars. Good company with a loyal following. If you have got a very good deal I would go with Payless. Not likely to have any problems with them
I HATE computer thingyss

Can the Man

Quote from: paully on February 23, 2017, 22:41:22 PM
Payless are owned by Cabrera Medina as are Cicar. Payless have different pricing but principally the same terms and conditions of the parent company. A lot of the fleet are Fiat and Opel cars. Good company with a loyal following. If you have got a very good deal I would go with Payless. Not likely to have any problems with them

I would agree with Paully, I tend to use, Autoplus or Payless primarily.

I had a payless car in February for the week end, they gave me a Fiat Panda 4x4 from Friday evening to Monday evening for â,¬57. I am hring a car for March for 10 days and this is with Autoplus as I want a Fiat Qubo as there will be 4 of us this time.

paully

What are the Qubo`s like Can..Any good?
I HATE computer thingyss

charlatanefc

Quote from: paully on February 24, 2017, 15:06:21 PM

Ditto this, we've ordered one for June

Can the Man

Quote from: paully on February 24, 2017, 15:06:21 PM

Hi Paully they are like the Dobbolo only shorter, a 1,4l engine but plenty room for 4 adults with carry on luggage, very small boot in them. I have previously had one for 3 adults and 2 children 1 of which had a car seat and we were not squashed

Can the Man

luvfuert

I use Payless every time, 3 - 4 visits a year, excellent company. It's got to the point where the staff know me and I don't even get charged a deposit (on fuel in car) on pick up. Simple online booking no hidden charges, pay when you collect.

Can the Man

Quote from: luvfuert on February 25, 2017, 10:29:53 AM
I use Payless every time, 3 - 4 visits a year, excellent company. It's got to the point where the staff know me and I don't even get charged a deposit (on fuel in car) on pick up. Simple online booking no hidden charges, pay when you collect.

I've been renting from Payless, Autoplus, Cabrerra, and Auto Reisen for years and never charged a deposit, always pay by credit card, but they never put a reservation on it.

fatherted

I've just had a car from Payless and have to say everything about them was excellent. From Fri am to Mon am â,¬58. No deposit when booking online and was asked to return the car 1/2 full of fuel. When I returned the car nobody checked to see if everything was in order. On returning the keys to the desk I only had to confirm the car was in the parking lot and it was 1/2 full. A very nice co to deal with.

cockney

The only downside to Payless is that you have to return it to the airport  which is no good if you are on an extended stay and only want a car for the first week. I always use Cicar even if they are a bit dearer, I am registered with them and apart from a quick pick up I always get an upgrade.

fatherted

Quote from: cockney on February 19, 2018, 17:16:06 PM
The only downside to Payless is that you have to return it to the airport  which is no good if you are on an extended stay and only want a car for the first week. I always use Cicar even if they are a bit dearer, I am registered with them and apart from a quick pick up I always get an upgrade.

I am long stay and walk past the airport from Caleta quite often so its no problem especially if your saving up to â,¬45/50per hire. I set off from Caleta at 8.45 called at the garage to refuel, onto Mercadona and then to the airport and caught the 9.45 bus back to Caleta at a cost of â,¬1.40. But heyho everyones different. BTW Payless do offer a hotel delivery & collection service.

cockney

"BTW Payless do offer a hotel delivery & collection service."

Not to Corralejo. I would agree that the closeness of the airport to Caleta does give you a lot more choice.