Anyone had problems getting fuel deposit back from Cicar?

Started by rosiebear, December 10, 2013, 10:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosiebear

Returned car back on 11th November and still waiting for money to be refunded onto our credit card despite 4 emails now.  Their response is sorry, person who does refunds been on holiday but we will do it asap  :o  Never had this problem before with them, altough I have always paid cash when I picked up the car.  This time sent hubby to do it and he used his card  >:(  ;D  Next time off to Pluscar me thinks  ;)

duncolm

I returned a car at Corrie Harbour on the 20th. The girl asked if it was half full, I said yes, handed over the card I'd used to pay originally and the deposit was refunded to it there and then.

rosiebear

Quote from: duncolm on December 10, 2013, 11:18:02 AM
I returned a car at Corrie Harbour on the 20th. The girl asked if it was half full, I said yes, handed over the card I'd used to pay originally and the deposit was refunded to it there and then.

Now even more sad  :( :'( ;)

Voldermort

Twas April last time I used Cicar and the deposit was returned as soon as I handed the keys in at the airport office...Until recently CiCar never charged a fuel deposit and I suspect they are not geared up, on the admin side to do refunds if they wernt done when they should have been..Very annoying but keep at them..

scarabeo

i have used cicar many times and never been asked for a deposit for fuel. If car was half full just returned it that way. Never had anything charged to my card!!

brizzle

Last April I returned the car with more fuel than I took it away with and was refunded an appropriate amount straight away in cash. I have always paid cash to Cicar.

zedzedeleven

I have never paid a deposit either, I am a Cicar registered client, perhaps this makes a difference. They don`t even ask to see my licence, it speeds up the collection to a couple of minutes. The only glitch with Cicar has been arriving early and finding that there are no cars ready to collect. Happened mebbe twice in umpteen transactions.
Mentor to the boneheads.

Can the Man

Quote from: brizzle on December 19, 2013, 13:08:24 PM
Last April I returned the car with more fuel than I took it away with and was refunded an appropriate amount straight away in cash. I have always paid cash to Cicar.

This happened me with Payless.es once before and they gave me a tenner in cash, I had paid for the rental on credit card

Super Simon Garner

Never paid a fuel depoisit with Cicar,it used to be pick it up full , drop it off full.Then it changed to pick it up as is and return with same.Now it seems to be pick it up with whatever and drop off with whatever.Whoever has the car after you has the problem if you leave it with no or little fuel .
Cicar is still No 1 in my book though and it is up to us the customers to do the right thing and drop back with same fuel as you set off .

Can the Man

I agree with Simons comment about dropping the car back with fuel in it for the next hirer.

I had an experience a few years ago with AutoReisen when we picked up the car the fumes just about got us to the garage near the Mercadona in PR on the way to Corrie.

Elite of the forum

We hired one in sept and we paid no fuel deposit and they even rented a car to us with no driving licence as mrs roar had forgotten it ,they checked their database  and basically said if you get stopped say you havent got your licence with you its up to you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do illiterate people really get the benefits of alphabet soup