Boa Vida - Brazilian BBQ Restaurant + Map

Started by Biggles, August 10, 2013, 14:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggles

We dined here last night for the first time.
The place was choc a bloc.

Our first reaction was that the lighting was horrendous - They use these long life bulbs which give off an ugly blueish, very bright light.

Our second reaction was to the noise - terrible acoustics and everyone was shouting.

Then the food. Wow!

There is no menu.
First they put black beans, chips, salads, banana fritters (?!) and sauces on your table and then....you eat till you can take no more.
They come round each table and deskewer barbecued meat onto your plate. Then another meat, Then another - I think there were about 12 different delights. ...and then it starts again.
For the first time in a restaurant, my kids had no room for dessert.

We paid about 85 euros for four (including drinks and a couple of desserts)

This ropey pic shows the waiter serving some meat off a (nearly finished) skewer:

In summary - if you like meat you've got to try this place.
We were lucky getting in. I'd suggest you reserve your table: 658080022

I would suggest taking dark glasses and earplugs though.
If you like to chat, maybe try and find some kind of bluetooth walkie talkies.

It's where Pancho Villa (with the life-sized horse) used to be - opposite Avenidas.

SheilaW

Your review sounds very similar to the one I posted on TA a while ago. It really isn't the place for a romantic night out, but it is a friendly place and seriously good food. We aren't massive meat eaters (in quantity that is; no vegetarian dishes in our house), so we nearly didn't go but I'm glad we did. The sides are really tasty and the meat was superb quality and delivered in tiny morsels. I'd have hated enormous chunks, but the little slivers weren't offputting.

I'm glad to hear they're going from strength to strength.

Ronnietheblue

Thanks for a great review, much appreciated. Will certainly book and visit the restaurant when we're over in September. Can hardly wait.

admin

You can see the restaurant using the wee streetview man - except (at the moment) it shows 'Pancho Villa' - which is what it used to be.

[map]?=28.74260956585264,%20-13.869209289550781=17=Boa Vida=roadmap[/map]

mahdlo

Is the food at a fixed price here?

If so, could anybody tell me how much it is?

Biggles

It is a fixed price but I can't remember if postres were included (I doubt it) . or how much it was.

but as I said before...
QuoteWe paid about 85 euros for four (including drinks and a couple of desserts)

dagwood

Sounds like my kind of place. Any word of opening times ?

nacnud

Fixed Price for the meal is 12E drinks obvious extra great place and even does a roaring trade at lunch times.
Not a place you would frequent but a must to go once on your Holiday a true experience I love it and anytime we have visitors I will always make sure I will bring them here.
If you havent tried it do but it is not a place to bring a Vegiterian LOL.
As an after thought last time I was in there I meant to ask what the very dark meat was I am sure I asked but next morning I couldnt remember due to excess of something I drank, anyone remembers please let me know.

mahdlo

€12? Excellent!

The Churascaria's in Manchester are £30+ now.

I'm looking forward to this place.

isleswing

Quote from: Andrewsmith11 on November 21, 2013, 09:53:22 AM
Restaurant Menus should reflect they style and atmosphere of a restaurant. When developing one care should be taken to provide customers with a sense of what the restaurant is all about. If the establishment is a family restaurant the menu should have family friendly entrees as well as visually appeal to those people that have families. If it is a formal restaurant the menu should have more chic entrees and the look of the menu should be more precise and conservative.

And spambots should be designed to appear to be written by a real person. What is the purpose of this posting, anyway?

duggiesdad

All my and can say about this place is ...WOW!!

We went last Saturday evening sat down and the table was filled with starters, my wife said the beans and rice were to die for, I liked the russian salad and fried bananas. As stated previously the main course was just replenished time after time.

The guy on the next table had 17 refills on his plate !. Thank goodness they have a stop card on the table.

All for 12 euros, can't beat it.