Pick up Fuerte then finish LanZarote

Started by Salbag777, September 12, 2014, 16:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salbag777

Does anyone know if any of the company's allow collection airport Fuerte then left at
Arrecife airport? I have friends coming over who want to do 2 weeks here then Lanz for last week. And anyone know ferry cost, obviously non resident!

SheilaW

Cicar certainly allow it, Autoreisen don't - you need to ask and you need to get their express permission to change islands, even if you're returning it to the same one. For the ferry prices, look at their sites: Armas and Fred Olsen. You may get slightly better deals from the port or from an excursion company but I don't suppose there will be a vast difference.

Deso

If you use Cicar, they have offices at both Corralejo and Puerto Del Carmen ports. You could do it as 2 separate bookings and then just get the ferry as foot passengers, that will save the cost of the car on the ferry. :D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

TamaraEnLaPlaya

I think Cicar have an office in Playa Blanca as well which is handier for the ferries.

Deso

You're right Tamara, I meant Playa Blanca. I always get those two mixed up.   :-[
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Yassi

Quote from: TamaraEnLaPlaya on September 13, 2014, 01:05:41 AM
I think Cicar have an office in Playa Blanca as well which is handier for the ferries.
Payless has its headquarters on Lanza, it works with them.
They also have an office at Playa Blanca

Salbag777

So is it possible to pick a car up at airport then leave it at harbour, if they want to go as foot passengers to Lanza then they can hire again?

Yassi

Yes.
But only with the companies that either have an office at the harbour (Cicar) or a company that allows you to leave it there (payless but you have to ask(!))

SheilaW

Bear in mind that hiring a car for 7 days is nowhere near 7 times the cost of one day's hire. You can probably pay the small cost for it on the ferry and still end up quids in.