Pre paid bus tickets

Started by Cruella de Val, May 09, 2016, 17:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruella de Val

I have seen people using a card on the bus rather than cash - I thought the Bono card had stopped

woe10

Information about BONOS here.  ( in English )

http://www.tiadhe.com/en/pago.htm

flump

Brilliant ! I always use the buses all over the island,even straight from the airport when I get there. This will certainly help if I havnt got the correct amount of money etc 👍

Pandali

I usually hire a car when I come over but this time the wife and kids are there for three weeks before I go so I'll be travelling at my leisure from the airport to Corralejo.

I've never used the bus before so let's see if I'm getting this correct.

From airport; No. 3 bus into Puerto.
From Puerto; No. 6 bus into Corralejo

Is it a bus station and is it easy to transfer from one bus to another or can I enjoy a stroll to another area and maybe have a few sociable beers in between ;)

Is having the correct fare mandatory?

Cheers

hairybiker

There is a proper bus station.  The stands for the various buses are marked and there are announcements, in Spanish and, if I remember correctly, English.

Also the information desk (inside where there are also toilets) was manned by a very helpful English speaking lady when I went through there

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Quote from: Pandali on July 03, 2016, 06:10:30 AM

Is it a bus station and is it easy to transfer from one bus to another or can I enjoy a stroll to another area and maybe have a few sociable beers in between ;)

Cheers

Nothing to stop you having a beer or two in Puerto! There is a bar not far from the bus station (which is not in the centre of town), cross the road at the traffic lights and it's on the opposite side of the roundabout. Or, head back towards the centre of town and you will find numerous bars to chose from - about 10 mins walk - depending on how much luggage you have!

Pandali

I'm travelling light Tamara, that'll be including the wallet since I've now got my oldest son coming with me.

Thanks for the info, I may as well take some advantage while I'm not driving. ;)

ianflyinghigh

Can anyone advise, when travelling by bus around the Island, can you pay on board, or does it have to be by prepaid card? Thank you

polkadot

I've always paid cash in the past, but it's best to have the right change because I've seen some drivers refuse passengers trying to pay with notes.

Can the Man

It is possible to pay by cash, but it can work out cheaper and easier if you buy a travel card which you can preload with â,¬20, and the card can be used for more than 1 person. This is what my wife and I use when travelling by bus.

flump

Im guessing that would be the bono card ? Am I right thinking you can buy one of these off the bus driver ?

Can the Man

Quote from: flump on February 17, 2017, 13:35:19 PM
Im guessing that would be the bono card ? Am I right thinking you can buy one of these off the bus driver ?

Correct

nobbyz

Hi all,

we tried to get one of these cards at the bus station in Puerto and were told that they were only for residents. 

Is this correct?

Thanks
Nigel

flump

Quote from: Nigel Tucker on February 19, 2017, 21:56:09 PM
Hi all,

we tried to get one of these cards at the bus station in Puerto and were told that they were only for residents. 

Is this correct?

Thanks
Nigel

Thats interesting, I was led to believe anybody could have one of these, holiday makers included.....anybody know this ?

Can the Man

Hi all,

Is this correct?

Thanks
Nigel

I bought mine from the bus driver

Windermeregolfer

Quote from: Can the Man on February 20, 2017, 00:01:47 AM
Hi all,

Is this correct?

Thanks
Nigel

Not sure where but I thought I had read that there are 2 types of card, one for visitors at say 5 or 10% discount which you can get off the drivers and one for residents that you get at the office with a much higher %age discount as you have to produce your resident paper work.

Does owning a property and having an NIE number let you get the resident rate, not only for the buses but also the ferries and inter island air travel?

Not doubt someone will clarify.

Can the Man

Quote from: Windermeregolfer on February 20, 2017, 12:15:50 PM
Quote from: Can the Man on February 20, 2017, 00:01:47 AM
Hi all,

Is this correct?

Thanks
Nigel

Not sure where but I thought I had read that there are 2 types of card, one for visitors at say 5 or 10% discount which you can get off the drivers and one for residents that you get at the office with a much higher %age discount as you have to produce your resident paper work.

Does owning a property and having an NIE number let you get the resident rate, not only for the buses but also the ferries and inter island air travel?

Not doubt someone will clarify.

John I think you might e on the right track here, there is a Residents discount on travel, bus, ferry, flights, but you have to have a special residents registration for this. Owning a property and having an NIE number is not sufficient you must be resident and registered at your local town hall.

flump

Just browsing the bono card site and you can get a disabled one, does this only apply for residents or anyone who is disabled ? If travellers can get one how do you go about doing this please ?

PHo

According to an article in El Enfoque there is a new system of cards coming in at the end of March, including ones for residents, over 65s, over 80s and disabled. It is not clear if the oldie cards are for residents only. Can anyone shed any light?

caza

Hi ,
I'm a Non resident and I purchased a Bono card off the bus driver.
When you have used all credit you just ask the bus driver to top it up .

I find it really easy to use  , hope this info helps .

annalivia

www.tiadhe.com has information about the bono card and residents discount card.