Vodafone One

Started by Logitechtom, June 21, 2018, 12:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logitechtom

Hi, I'm hoping someone who has Vodafone One (mobile internet) installed, might be able to shed some light on what exactly you get and how much it costs as my limited Spanish has failed to understand what's on offer and the website could be a little more helpful.

What  understand is, you get a Mi-Fi, but a somewhat larger box than the Mi-Fi boxes I've seen up to now, that connects you to the internet. You also get a mobile SIM and a Spanish landline number.

So, here are the answers I'm looking for:
What download and upload speeds do you get?
What is the monthly limited on downloads?
What monthly allowances do you get on the mobile phone? What calls are included, which are extra?
What call allowances do you get on the landline number?
What English programmes are available on the included TV package?

I understand the cost is 40e per month for the first year, what cost in year 2 onwards (I'm told it is cheaper as the cost of the Mi-Fi is recovered in year one).

Hopefully, someone has this package and can answer some if not all the questions.

TIA.

Tom.

Johnrgby2

I tried to get my head around this about 4 months ago, and like you Tom I could not get any sense from their shop, and The Website is as clear as mud, gave up in the end, probably should have done what you have and ask the question on here, but I did not, but will be interested in any answers.

Lexeus

This is the offer I think you want https://www.vodafone.es/tienda/particulares/es/one/internet-en-casa/

I have it, will write up a little summary a little later but busy at the moment, maybe check my internet summary on this thread: https://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/index.php?topic=23959.0

Logitechtom

Lexeus

Firstly, I haven't tried Vodafone TV, only the 3month HBO online trial, which is fine like all streaming sites.
4g en casa, I never get less than 5Mb/sec but usually around 20-25Mb/s, but I can see the mobile phone tower from my house so it doesn't get any better than that.

I have been looking at the deals they are offering online and it's a bit difficult to match up the Canarias deals as online is all about fibre which isn't available here and also remember you have to take off the 21% IVA and add 3% IGIC reducido. The only page that even mentions the 4G casa deal is the one I posted above.

I noticed an offer currently running online signup before 30th June for your first 3 months half price, don't know if that applies in Fuerteventura shops?

We took out our current Vodafone deal from the shop in Gran Tarajal 3 years ago and since then it has changed in both allowances and cost, but I guess if you go into the shop you should be able to signup for the same or a similar deal, but if you want something that is a little different then working out the cost is not an exact science as you can't check online, although in the shop you may be able to get something on paper like a flyer printout.

So what we have is as follows:

1x FREE "Doro" Simple Mobile
1x Free Huawei B310 Router
1x 4g en Casa Plan 80Gb/Month Upto 30Mb/s
1x Mobile Plan 'RED M' (Unlimited Minutes Land/Mobiles + 12GB data + unlimited SMS)
1x Mobile Lanline Plan 'XS SMS Gratis', (Unlimited Minutes Land/Mobiles + 350 SMS) - Has a landline9&mobile6 number Only for Use in region of Las Palmas i.e. not Tenerife/Peninsula

In addition, as of 2 months ago my online account says I am now entitled to an additional mobile Plan "+Lineas Mini XS" but I don't know what allowance that has as I haven't been to pick it up :)

Started on a 12month contract with 50Gb/month allowance and there was no price change when the contract expired but they upped allowances to 55Gb and the last change was this April when they upped the price and the allowance to 80Gb.

Current cost straight from the bill is:
â,¬55.33/month including IGIC 3%

The breakdown (inc IGIC 3%) is: "Plan Red M" â,¬33.20 + "Vodafone Internet en tu Casa" â,¬22.13

Additionally, a few points which I may be wrong about but I am fairly sure on:
- 4g en casa is only available to customers who have a mobile contract
- Change the mobile Plan 'RED M' for a 'RED S with only 6Gb/month data and save maybe â,¬7/month
- Non-Spanish number stated as charged at â,¬0.25/min but I have never used it.

Archer

Lexeus. Thanks for the summary of the Vodafone 4g en casa offering.
I wonder whether it is better than Orange?? We have had Orange 4g for nearly 2 yrs -  started out at about 30mb/s, but now almost grinds to a halt when the service is busy ie most evenings and weekends!! Which is when we choose to try to watch f1 etc  :'(
Do you know if Vodafone use common masts with Orange. Like you, I can see the mast from our home, and signal strength is never a problem (even though Orange claim this is now our problem).
I would love to change to Vodafone and will go into GT shop to speak with them, but do not want mobile etc. Currently I pay â,¬29/mth for 50gb allowance. 80gb and improved performance sounds much better.
Where are you...in GT?
Thanks

Lexeus

Glad the info helps someone, I know I spent an awful lot of time researching these things when I was first here :)

I have noticed that the Vodafone connection does appear to occasionally get slower in the last few days before the allowance renews, but I am not sure if that is because I hammer the connection downloading to use up my allowance, or if everyone starts their allowance on the 8th like I do?

I would never signup with Orange if I could help it, they are an awful company, 'lleno' with liars. Not suprising the way their Bosses behave: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/france-t%C3%A9l%C3%A9com-accused-of-driving-employees-to-suicide-1.2713958
I had an Orange contract in the UK a while back, and every month they would charge me for calls made with free minutes, "oh there must be a problem with the tracking computer, refunded that for you!!"

In my opinion Orange is probably the cheaper option. Vodafone on the other hand has always been the expensive option, but you do get more from the service.
In Spain nothing seems to ever get that cheap compared to the cheap options in the UK. The UK system is start super cheap and offer more from the service if you pay more money until they charge the earth for the best product, where as in Spain they start out charging a medium price for very little product, but the price doesn't go up as much if you want the best product.

As I stated above, I think you have to take out a mobile contract to get the Vodafone 4g en casa deal, but that works out for me as my better half wants the mobile and I want the internet. Check in store though.

I am in CostaCalma but the Vodafone shops are francises and the Morro Jable shop I have heard bad things about. The GranTarajal shop is part of http://www.grupolidertel.com/
For anyone stumbling into this who may be just intereted in Mobile prices, this is probably out of date but September 2017 Mobile pricelist is here http://etiquetasmanuales.directovodafone.com/AADfAxENCBcj9DcvcHhTHkcna/Revista/Catalogo_Smartphones_sept/ePaper_Catalogo_Smartphones(SEP2017)_ENGCAN.pdf

I have only tried Vodafone ADSL and Vodafone 4g en casa, and after checking other peoples experiences my advice would be that you need to choose according to your location on the island but from what's available my choices according to priorties are as follows:

Unlimited Internet
Probably a Reseller (i.e. not the big brands)
4g tiekom.com has been mentioned on these forums â,¬60/month
NetService â,¬45/month

Mobile + Usable Internet allowance
Vodafone

Mobile + Unlimited Internet + TV
Movistar

As a side note, I would also add that I quite like not having a cable or antenna as I can just pickup my 4g router and move house without dealing with any telefonica appointments etc.... :) there is a little extra piece of mind in that for me

Logitechtom

Thanks Lexeus for your very comprehensive reply. I'm back to the UK next week, but I will be visiting the Vodafone Office in PDR as soon as I return in August.

Thanks again for all your help.

Tom.

Archer

Vodafone shop in GT is now closed. Walked passed before but not noticed. It's now empty!
By the way, I enquired in Movistar shop across the street, and she quoted 4g unlimited with roof antena for â,¬48 with a reduction after first year.

Lexeus

Quote from: Archer on June 25, 2018, 18:27:13 PM
Vodafone shop in GT is now closed. Walked passed before but not noticed. It's now empty!
By the way, I enquired in Movistar shop across the street, and she quoted 4g unlimited with roof antena for â,¬48 with a reduction after first year.

Archer, how long ago were you there? I am sure it was still open a few months ago, sometime this year :)

We are talking about this corner shop with the unusual triangular shaped shop right? See this pic:

With regards to that Movistar shop, be careful as the sales staff are blatant liars, they literally only care about getting you to signup so they get their commission. I have asked them a question, had the most positive reply possible, then I look at the paperwork and say it says it will cost more and then suddenly they don't understand. I have friends who have been overcharged alot by them, usually an introductory offer that ends up costing the standard retail price.

Archer

I pass regularly, but didn't notice that stock had been cleared and a 'Servihabitat' poster was on the door. Guess I would never has realised had I not tried to go in!  :D
I take note of what you say about Movistar. If I do sign with them I 'll read the sale contract carefully. Thanks.

Lexeus

Well that's not good, I thought they were doing alot of business, always busy..... :(

Thanks for letting me know! :)

Lexeus

Quote from: Logitechtom on June 23, 2018, 23:01:39 PM
Thanks Lexeus for your very comprehensive reply. I'm back to the UK next week, but I will be visiting the Vodafone Office in PDR as soon as I return in August.

Thanks again for all your help.

Tom.

Happy to help! :) Let us know how you get on in Vodafone PDR, sounds like I may have to use that shop too from now on

Paityn

I don't personally have Vodafone One (mobile internet), but I can try to provide some information based on what I know. Vodafone One typically offers a larger Mi-Fi box compared to standard ones, providing you with internet connectivity. The package also includes a mobile SIM and a Spanish landline number.

Regarding the speeds, it would be best to check with Vodafone directly as it may vary depending on your location and network coverage. The monthly download limit and mobile phone allowances can also vary based on the specific plan you choose. Vodafone One usually offers different call packages, including some calls included in the plan and others that may incur extra charges.

As for the landline number, again, it would be best to confirm with Vodafone about the call allowances associated with it. In terms of English programs on the included TV package, Vodafone One may offer various channels, but the specific availability of English programs would depend on the package you select.

Regarding the cost, you mentioned it is €40 per month for the first year, and it is expected to be cheaper in the second year as the cost of the Mi-Fi device is recovered in the first year. To get accurate and up-to-date information about the costs beyond the first year, I recommend contacting Vodafone directly.

I hope this helps, and hopefully, someone who has the Vodafone One package can provide more detailed answers to your questions. Good luck!