Internet Speedtest

Started by Carlo, September 27, 2012, 11:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben90125

Cool would be great, if he can't sort the issue I'll have to call Telefonica and see if they will sort it.

Where is Electron?

Deso

Thanks for the offer FWM.  :D

Ben, do you know where Norty Sur is in Rosario?  Electron is next but one building up, where the car park is.

Basically NS as we knew it now consists of 3 shops. The two extra ones are furniture/clothes/kids stuff and homewares and then there is the electrical warehouse, Electron.
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

ben90125

Ah ok, haven't seen it but I have a rough idea where it is, thanks.

appy ammer

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

ben90125

No Fibre Optic links please, thanks :D

woe10

Deso

That's actually quite poor for a VM 50meg connection.  :D

Then you get capped if you download too much during the day.  :(

At least with Carlo's and Bens speed, they won't reach their download limit.  ;D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

ben90125

Never got to experience FO, came to my area about 6 month's before I left the UK, kinda glad tbh, don't think I'd have dealt with going from 40mb+ down to a max of 10mb (more likely 3 in my case :P)

ben90125

God my net's been bad since yesterday, dc'ing every 30 mins or so and only syncing at about 1000KBps max :(

Deso

Houston, we have a problem.   :'(

I have the PSU now.   :D

Did you get any significant rain yesterday?
Regards, Neil

ben90125

Not in Nuevo Horizonte, was just fairly cloudy in the afternoon, but was poor from about 6pm onwards and is still pretty bad now, it will connect but as soon as I try and play a game online it dc's.

Also thanks for getting the PSU, really appreciate it.

appy ammer

Quote from: Deso on September 30, 2012, 12:52:55 PM
That's actually quite poor for a VM 50meg connection.  :D

Then you get capped if you download too much during the day.  :(

At least with Carlo's and Bens speed, they won't reach their download limit.  ;D

Deso its unlimited and i was 300 yards on me wifi in the stables ;D
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Deso

Regards, Neil

ben90125

Well today has been much better, it's been stable and synced at about 2.9mb

Deso

Did you move any wires?  How is it today?
Regards, Neil

ben90125

Well I was moving them around Monday night but haven't since then, been fine since yesterday morning.

Deso

OK, make sure nothing gets disturbed now and lets see how it goes.  :)
Regards, Neil

ben90125

ben90125

Big thanks to Deso, just came and brought me my PSU and also connected a new faceplate socket for my internet, hopefully it's more stable now.

Thanks again.

ben90125

Well I found out that my Attenuation is a lot higher than I thought, instead of 34 it's actually 60, that explains why my sync speed is so low :(

Deso

I was thinking about that and I wondered if your upload and download were being reported the wrong way round.  :o

Are you still getting around 3 meg?

I am back over in 6 weeks so if you still want that hard drive, which I forgot to bring round, let me know.  :D
Regards, Neil

ben90125

Yeah, the router was displaying it the wrong way, using my Belkin one now instead, wasn't able to use it before you swapped the socket.

If you could that would be great, thanks.

Also is it possible for Movistar to connect me to the other exchange as I was told by someone on here that there's 2 exchanges near me.

ben90125

Not sure what's happening but these last few days my connection has been so up and down...

ben90125

Past week has been so bad, It won't sync higher than 1.8meg and half the time it will reset a few times before it stays connected. Also when we receive a phone call the internet also drops.

Another thing, Deso, the splitter is not plugging into the wall socket properly, it isn't actually clipping in, just pushed in but comes out just by pulling it.