Autoreisen and the 200E deposit!

Started by paully, May 13, 2016, 15:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paully

This has raised its ugly head again. i know Falkirk Dan had an issue with them a couple of years ago about them blocking 200e if you do not take out their glass/tyre insurance. This happened with  me a few weeks ago. Had a spat with some clowns on TA (not difficult as its full of pompous windbags) and so I raised a complaint with the company and asked why some are charged the deposit and others not..This afternoon I got their reply and I publish it below:

Dear client,
We apologize for any inconvenience. On the one hand, we inform you that as you did not hire our additional insurance (SCDW), this was the reason because we blocked 200 â,¬. On the other hand, we receive reservations through different channels, maybe you listened to customers with another kind of reservation.
Thank you very much and best regards,
Top Car AutoReisen

All I can say is what a strange way of doing business treating all your customers differently..Seems the more you hire with them the better deal you get..Anyway using Pluscar next time and hopefully will stick with them..If not Cabrera medina, you know where you are with them..

Open for discussion
I HATE computer thingyss

gattaca66

Well, they say you can best judge a supplier by how well they handle a problem or a complaint, and many a business has gone to the wall because they fail to comprehend that. The reply you received is straight out of the 1970s handbook on how to let the customer know who is in charge, and what they can do with their business if they don't like it.....almost unbelievable in today's marketplace!

I've seen Autoreisen recommended on here before, usually along with Autos Pluscar, Cabrera Medina and Cicar, but it looks like that group has just shrunk by one if people take heed of experiences like this.

Personally, I'm a Pluscar fan, not always the smartest cars, but always first rate customer service!

falkirkdan

Quote from: paully on May 13, 2016, 15:27:21 PM
This has raised its ugly head again. i know Falkirk Dan had an issue with them a couple of years ago about them blocking 200e if you do not take out their glass/tyre insurance. This happened with  me a few weeks ago. Had a spat with some clowns on TA (not difficult as its full of pompous windbags) and so I raised a complaint with the company and asked why some are charged the deposit and others not..This afternoon I got their reply and I publish it below:

See someone has a great memory

paully

Hi Dan

Did you get that issue resolved with them..I didnt
I HATE computer thingyss

blackandwhite

Hi ,

Have been using Autoreisen for the last 8 years or so and went online this morning but their prices, which were always competitive, seem to be very high this year. I priced a Focus this year for dates 15/10/16 x 7 days and it's costing â,¬189.00, a booking for the same dates last year, also on a Focus, cost â,¬135.00.  I've always liked them and the quality etc of the cars is very good but my question is, does anyone know why they are so much more expensive this year ?  BTW last years booking was made on 18/08/15 so in and around the same time.

Thanks

B&W

suendrob

By concidence on Saturday, I booked from Autoreisen a generic 5door aircon (Polo) for 17 days starting 28 Sept. 191.57 euro.

I actually followed the link in their regular email and got this price.

Going direct to their site today, it's 304euro for a C3 (equivalent) I didn't go direct to site Saturday, so I can't make an accurate comparison.

Make what you will of that.

Possibly of interest, my notes from Saturday show Pluscar 243.90euro, Cicar 286euro, one of the other favourites, I forgot who 278euro. For the same dates.

I never even bother looking at avis, goldcar, budget, alamo and the other cowboys.

btw We've used Autoreisen for the last 8 years, too. Are you stalking us???

UPDATE   UPDATE  I have just tried that email link again and it shows 191.57 again.

Loyal customer!!  ;D ;D  ;D

First time I've knowingly benefited from junkmail  :o

UPDATE    UPDATE   UPDATE
FROM google  http://www.autoreisen.es/ingles/tenerife_car_hire.php 304euro

FROM email    http://top-car-hire.com/en/?utm_campaign=camp29-agosto-en&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email 191.57.

There are more questions than answers, and the more I find out the less I know - - - -who did sing that??

blackandwhite

Thanks very much for that, usually delete those type of emails but will read them in future

Windermeregolfer

We are about to use Top Car AutoReisen for the 6th time in 11 months and have an account, on August 22nd I booked a Group A Renault Twingo or similar for 7 days from October 2nd cost 71â,¬ 10.14â,¬ perday
I book online using a link I have in my favourites and then choose the Fuerteventura depot before putting in the dates, I have just done it again and the prices range from 71â,¬ to 137â,¬ for a Group G

It could be a supply and demand issue, Suendrob (11.26â,¬ per day Group B) and our dates are before the half term holidays' but not sure as having done an enquiry for the 15/10 for 7days I get the same prices as above.

By the way I don't take the extra insurance as I have an annual hire policy taken out online in the UK for £39, I agree to the 200â,¬ deposit which I charge to my UK CC as it never actually makes it on to my statement and the hire I pay on my Solbank debit card.

Hope that helps

bedouin

Quote from: Windermeregolfer on August 30, 2016, 18:33:03 PM

By the way I don't take the extra insurance as I have an annual hire policy taken out online in the UK for £39, I agree to the 200â,¬ deposit which I charge to my UK CC as it never actually makes it on to my statement and the hire I pay on my Solbank debit card.

I also have an annual hire policy.  Last summer, I hired a car in Spain from Solmar, who insisted on taking a â,¬1000 deposit, which they said they'd simply block on my card.  When I returned the car, undamaged, they said the block would automatically be removed.  A few weeks later, my card statement arrived, and they hadn't blocked â,¬1000, they'd charged it, and not refunded it!  I spent about 7 months arguing with my card company to get the money back, during which Solmar claimed that they hadn't charged it, and that they'd refunded it!  Solmar are crooks - avoid.

blackandwhite

Quote from: suendrob on August 30, 2016, 15:55:59 PM
By concidence on Saturday, I booked from Autoreisen a generic 5door aircon (Polo) for 17 days starting 28 Sept. 191.57 euro.

Going direct to their site today, it's 304euro for a C3 (equivalent) I didn't go direct to site Saturday, so I can't make an accurate comparison.

Possibly of interest, my notes from Saturday show Pluscar 243.90euro, Cicar 286euro, one of the other favourites, I forgot who 278euro. For the same dates.

I never even bother looking at avis, goldcar, budget, alamo and the other cowboys.

btw We've used Autoreisen for the last 8 years, too. Are you stalking us???

UPDATE   UPDATE  I have just tried that email link again and it shows 191.57 again.

FROM email    http://top-car-hire.com/en/?utm_campaign=camp29-agosto-en&utm_medium=email&utm_source=email 191.57.

There are more questions than answers, and the more I find out the less I know - - - -who did sing that??

Muchos Gracias, have made a reservation through your link and for the same size of car VW Polo type instead of a Cotroen C3 type is 78.00 for the 7 days.  If I can ever do you a favour, please just ask.

By the way, wasn't stalking you !

B&W

2FV

Hi,
Can anyone tell me what Autoreisen charge for the additional insurance cover? Thanks.

Windermeregolfer

Hi Mrs Dollis

Sorry can't help there we just agree to the 200â,¬ deposit which on the last 4 occasions has not appeared on my CC statement as either a charge or a credit.

Reason we don't take out their extra insurance is that I get an annual policy here in the UK from isurance4carhire.com - http://www.insurance4carhire.com £39.99 for a year for as many hires as you like in UK & Europe

Hope that helps

spitfire58

I got a Kia Picanto (or similar) from www.cardelmar.com with Orlando from 27/11 to 4/12 for £55 didn't take the insurance as I have a policy already. Will report back after the trip as I haven't used them before

Deso

Orlando!!!   :o  :o  :o    Good luck with them.
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

paully

Quote from: Mrs Dollis on November 16, 2016, 10:42:27 AM
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what Autoreisen charge for the additional insurance cover? Thanks.

Hi..and welcome to the forum..If memory serves me right from April this year it was about 3E per day...might have been less but I don`t think anu more
I HATE computer thingyss

spitfire58

Thanks Deso !! Really looking forward to the trip now, lol  :o :o

Deso

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but there are numerous posts about Orlando from the past.   :'(
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Quote from: Windermeregolfer on November 16, 2016, 11:23:13 AM
Reason we don't take out their extra insurance is that I get an annual policy here in the UK from isurance4carhire.com - http://www.insurance4carhire.com £39.99 for a year for as many hires as you like in UK & Europe

Good info WMG - thanks.

Can the Man

I rent from Pluscar/ Autoplus and there are no additional insurance charges.

suendrob

Quote from: suendrob on August 30, 2016, 15:55:59 PM

We've just booked a car for February using http://www.arcarhire.com/car-hire and it came out cheaper than the other addresses for the same company! 77euro for a week.

paully

I get the feeling this company are setting up a system similar to CiCar using Cabrera Medina in order to widen their customer base. They certainly have a confusing number of addresses. I have a booking for April for a `polo` class for E134 for 2 weeks but I`ll certainly be checking the others for price..
I HATE computer thingyss

spitfire58

Just back from the week. The vehicle from Orlando was a fairly old (scruffy) car which failed to start after each of the first three or four stops. So called them up & they replaced straight away. Second one was a "partner" so worked out good for me for carrying stuff. However would be reluctant to use them again.

Windermeregolfer

On the subject of AutoReisen / Top Car AutoReisen - we arrived yesterday and they now seem to be 2 separate operations with 2 desks in the arrival hall and new branding / signage for Top Car AutoReisen, the staff appear to be the same, the guy on the desk greeted me in a very friendly manner.  We were in a rush yesterday and there were a few waiting so didn't ask about the changes but will when we return the car next week.   

paully

Thanks for that, I had heard they had got another desk at the airport, but other than to keep the opposition out I can`t imagine how that will help them. Already seen some complaints about confused customers queuing in the wrong place and being massively delayed twice. Found them to be very slow at processing customers, so hope things have speeded up, and they get the confusion sorted pdq..

At least Cicar and its derivatives work from the same desk
I HATE computer thingyss