Ryanair..Praise where its due!!

Started by paully, September 26, 2018, 17:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paully

My closest friends on here know that I have been through a recent, sad but very close bereavement .It resulted in our Fuerteventura travel plans being changed and cancelled. Because it was a terminal illness normal travel insurances were null and void. Ryanair on the other hand take a different view. I requested a refund on Monday and this morning received a very nice email of condolence and a refund.

Now I have been very critical of them in the past, and certainly still not blind to their many failures, especially in the field of staff relations which are awful. But when they get something right that also should be pointed out.

Monarch were, to my knowledge, the only other UK airline that also have/had this policy. Thank you Ryanair and yes I will use you again....
I HATE computer thingyss

fatherted

Nice to hear about the compassionate side of Fr. Sorry to read about your sad loss.

dee-dee

raye

We had a similar situation earlier this year and although Ryanair didn't have to refund us, they immediately refunded the full amount and sent a lovely email. From my experience their customer service is better than a lot of large Companies.

paully

Can`t believe anyone could be so churlish..But...Under the laws of contract they have no obligation to refund on cancellations. Most British Airlines including EasyJet, BA and Jet2 adhere to this law. Ryanair takes a different and more understanding position, especially in circumstances like these.

I pay them to fly me, no more no less. That is the end of the contract anyone has with them.. So when they do something worthwhile its only right that it should be highlighted. The rest of your comments I have disregarded.
I HATE computer thingyss

raye

Ryanair had no obligation to refund us, but they did and as a result went up in our estimations. I doubt B.A. and most other Airlines would do the same under the same circumstances. I totally agree with paully and i don't see a problem giving praise where praise is due vivafuerte.