Hotel Gran Natura,Corralejo

Started by paully, May 23, 2018, 09:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paully

Don`t know if people are aware that this place is closing at the end of next month, officially for a 4 month refurb. However its booking system is blanked out for over a year. Word locally is that the operators took over the old Caleta Del Mar that had been closed for 2 years in 2013 on a peppercorn rent from owners that could`nt let it, at that time. They have made a success of it and the lease is up for renewal. So as in the tradition of Spanish landlords the increase is megabucks with the usual take it or leave it attitude.

I do hope it continues, as there is a market for this type of accomodation..The other one Infiniti has just changed hands so hopefully they will clear out the collection of sycophants, hangers on and cliques that presently infest the place.
I HATE computer thingyss

bedouin

I was there 3 weeks ago, and Britt in reception was saying that even she hadn't been told when the re-opening would be.  Sounds like lease renewal could be the real reason for the closure.  Hope it continues, it's a useful place, and right on the beach.

Magoo

Quote from: bedouin on May 23, 2018, 10:56:32 AM
I was there 3 weeks ago, and Britt in reception was saying that even she hadn't been told when the re-opening would be.  Sounds like lease renewal could be the real reason for the closure.  Hope it continues, it's a useful place, and right on the beach.

Bedouin.  I take it that you are using a bit of artistic license in using the term 'Beach'  I took a look at this place before it became naturist and could see nothing that would entice me to the sea shore. Indeed, I got the impression that swimming there may involve a trip home in a body bag (After paying the relevant fee to Mr O'Leary)  The beaches do seem to improve the further North you venture, but no doubt you would be greeted with the sound of copies of the Sun being ripped up in anger, should you venture there au naturel

bedouin

Quote from: Magoo on May 23, 2018, 12:38:52 PM

Bedouin.  I take it that you are using a bit of artistic license in using the term 'Beach'  I took a look at this place before it became naturist and could see nothing that would entice me to the sea shore. Indeed, I got the impression that swimming there may involve a trip home in a body bag (After paying the relevant fee to Mr O'Leary)  The beaches do seem to improve the further North you venture, but no doubt you would be greeted with the sound of copies of the Sun being ripped up in anger, should you venture there au naturel

My comment was perhaps poorly worded, I should have said that the hotel has direct access to the beach area.  Walking naked south from the hotel along the beach is fine, lots of the hotel guests do that.

erik_tonny

Now that Infinty has changed hands, both Hotel Gran Natura as Infinity have (different) Dutch owners