car delivery

Started by CORNISH BOY, March 27, 2018, 11:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CORNISH BOY

Hello ,I have a car that I need to be delivered to the airport from Corelejo around five times a year ,could any one recommend ,or is there a storage place near the airport ,many thanks .

spitfire58

There is a patch of waste ground on the other side of the main road from the airport that I believe people use to leave cars for this reason. Not sure how safe it would be but with the amount of cars there, unless you have a shiny new one or a super duper one just may be ok. You might also be able to work a deal with someone in El Mattoral who has a spare parking space 😁😁

CORNISH BOY

Thank you but I was hoping for something more secure or someone who could take it to and from

spitfire58

Would it not work out as efficient then just to use the transfer system up to Corrie when you arrive. I think you may struggle to get someone to take it to & fro without a reasonable amount of money changing hands & then you are still obliged. Just a thought !!

Deso

Sounds like you need a neighbour that you could buy a few beers for.   :)   ;)
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

cockney

It's only 30â,¬ for one day car hire from Cicar. You can pick up at the airport and drop off at Corrie port or reverse.  No relience on a third party.

spitfire58

Quote from: cockney on March 27, 2018, 18:16:22 PM
It's only 30â,¬ for one day car hire from Cicar. You can pick up at the airport and drop off at Corrie port or reverse.  No relience on a third party.

But that would mean another one day hire to get back down so 60â,¬ total. You can retry much get a weeks full hire for that ☹️☹️

decho

I've been trying to startup a group for car owners who are in this position.
Works by exchanging lifts to and from airport to Corralejo exactly as you need.
I looked into leaving my car at the airport long term but it's prohibitively expensive.
If you are interested PM me.

CORNISH BOY

Thank you all for your reply's,it is much appreciated

Charlie dont surf

Quote from: spitfire58 on March 27, 2018, 11:52:52 AM
There is a patch of waste ground on the other side of the main road from the airport

Don't leave your car here. You might return to a nasty surprise. Thieves Monitor this area and help themselves to spare parts. Somebody I know came back to find their car missing a bumper. Probably stolen to order.

spitfire58

Thanks Cds, didn`t know anything about the area except that I had seen a lot of vehicles parked up there.

Noted 😁😁

Windermeregolfer

I have been to the Plus Car offices 2 or 3 times recently so have observed that a good number of those cars are in front of the Plus Car offices and their servicing / valeting garage are the Plus Car hire cars either awaiting pick up or awaiting disposal / scrapping.