Pool glass balusrade

Started by cdm82, September 23, 2018, 14:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdm82

Hi, can anyone recommend where you can purchase glass balusrade for screening off a small pool area . Thanks
cdmccarthy

spitfire58

Hi cdm,
Have a look at a post of a few days ago for someone looking for glass for windbreak on top of a wall. There is a glass place on the road out to Antigua from PDR & someone else suggested an Aluminium place in El Mattoral. HTH, cheers . . Ron

Logitechtom

Lorenzo Aluminium on the Mattoral Industrial estate is VERY HIGHLY recommended!

His wife works in the office in the morning and she speaks reasonable English.

https://aluminioslorenzo.negocio.site/

C/ EL TRILLO, 18 - URB. INDUSTRIAL EL MATORRAL
35610 Puerto del Rosario
Las Palmas
España
Cómo llegar
CONTACTO
627 51 33 49

I do stress, can't give a higher recommendation for this company. I got a recommendation from this forum and they were excellent. Good price, exceptional service, prompt and very efficient.

Tom

PS. And I'm not on commission!!!

spitfire58

That was the one I meant Tom, lol. Couldn`t think of the name. Yes, been highly recommended on here quite a number of times

cdm82

Quote from: Logitechtom on September 23, 2018, 21:16:59 PM
Lorenzo Aluminium on the Mattoral Industrial estate is VERY HIGHLY recommended!

His wife works in the office in the morning and she speaks reasonable English.

https://aluminioslorenzo.negocio.site/

C/ EL TRILLO, 18 - URB. INDUSTRIAL EL MATORRAL
35610 Puerto del Rosario
Las Palmas
España
Cómo llegar
CONTACTO
627 51 33 49

I do stress, can't give a higher recommendation for this company. I got a recommendation from this forum and they were excellent. Good price, exceptional service, prompt and very efficient.

Tom

PS. And I'm not on commission!!!

Thanks , thats really useful, you dont happen to know roughly how costings work out and how long they take when you order . 
cdmccarthy

Logitechtom

As for costs, it's just like the "how long is a piece of string" question. You've given no indication of size of the pool or screen nor height of the screen. However, even if you had, I'm not able to give you a price guide. We had two screens, 5.5 metre long and 1 metre high and they were just under 3k.

If you go to see Lorenzo, take a sketch of your pool area, with sizes and get some photos of the sort of screen you want. On that basis, you will get a budget price. If you want to proceed, Lorenzo will visit, measure and give you a firm price.

For our screens they wanted a month to make them as the glass tint we specified was not standard. Pay half on placing order and balance on installing.

Hope that helps.

Tom.

cdm82

Quote from: Logitechtom on September 26, 2018, 18:21:09 PM
As for costs, it's just like the "how long is a piece of string" question. You've given no indication of size of the pool or screen nor height of the screen. However, even if you had, I'm not able to give you a price guide. We had two screens, 5.5 metre long and 1 metre high and they were just under 3k.

If you go to see Lorenzo, take a sketch of your pool area, with sizes and get some photos of the sort of screen you want. On that basis, you will get a budget price. If you want to proceed, Lorenzo will visit, measure and give you a firm price.

For our screens they wanted a month to make them as the glass tint we specified was not standard. Pay half on placing order and balance on installing.

Hope that helps.

Tom.

Thanks , appreciate that and while I know it is very difficult to give a price that does help . We will call into there on our next visit. Just one other question was your price for 2 screens, at 5.5 metre long and 1 metre high or each
Thanks again

cdmccarthy

Logitechtom

Yes, it was two screens, both 5.5m long and 1m high.  That works out at about 300e per linear metre, but how reliable that is as a budget figure for your screen is unknown, so treat with care please.

Do let me know how you get on. Please pm me.

Tom.