Slow Boat 2 - Chinese Restaurant + Map

Started by annalivia, August 04, 2013, 15:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annalivia

This is not to be confused with the Wok Slow Boat which is on the opposite side of the road. Haven't eaten in house but have often used their home delivery service. No complaints.

[map]?=28.399215059020015,%20-13.857718706130981=17=Slow Boat II=roadmap[/map]

Paddster

My friend who lives over there prefers Slow Boat 2,anyone on here able to give a view on this one ?

thevdoc

Had a meal there last week, fantastic food and service.  Our first point of call for a lovely relaxing meal, nothing fancy just good food and you get chopsticks and a bowl if you ask for them.

Paddster

Might try that one this year then.................... ;D

thevdoc

The chicken curry is melt in the mouth, sweet and sour pork is amazing.  Big portions though, so last time we shared 2 chicken curries and 2 egg fried rice between four of us, still some left over, so take it away for your lunch the next day.  Hope you get a chance to visit  :P :P

Paddster

I plan on visiting some of these places when i'm over and will check if the boss wants to try this place........

Can the Man

Quote from: Paddster on September 26, 2013, 17:12:54 PM
I plan on visiting some of these places when i'm over and will check if the boss wants to try this place........

Kinda makes me wonder Paddy, where you have been eating all these years you've been visiting Caleta  :-\ ??? :-\ ??? Have you been a closet AI ?

Paddster

Quote from: Can the Man on September 28, 2013, 00:22:54 AM
Quote from: Paddster on September 26, 2013, 17:12:54 PM

Kinda makes me wonder Paddy, where you have been eating all these years you've been visiting Caleta  :-\ ??? :-\ ??? Have you been a closet AI ?

Can - don't be a clown,i like you up to now  ;D

Lins Cafe,Chaplins,Zanzibar,Tommy Nutters,The Windmill,Argentino,Chicken Ranch(or maybe it was just The Ranch),La Bodegita,Paprika,Slow Boat,Mexican Corner,Chinese that used to be up in Montecastillo Centre,Chinese across from Blues Bar,Blues Bar..........that enough for you then ?

thevdoc

Cannot comment on Honk Kong because i've not eaten there, tbh didn't know it existed, about five years ago we where in Flower of Scotland having a pre dinner drink and an expat recommend slow boat 2 to  us, so we tried it, have never thought of going to another Chinese since, we go to Fuerte 3/4 times a year. Hope this helps ya.

Paddster

Quote from: thevdoc on September 29, 2013, 20:06:24 PM
Cannot comment on Honk Kong because i've not eaten there, tbh didn't know it existed, about five years ago we where in Flower of Scotland having a pre dinner drink and an expat recommend slow boat 2 to  us, so we tried it, have never thought of going to another Chinese since, we go to Fuerte 3/4 times a year. Hope this helps ya.

Cheers doc - appreciate it - sounds a good place...