5V 2A Mains AC-DC Adaptor Power Supply

Started by beachlife, February 11, 2017, 23:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beachlife

Anyone know where I can get a 5V 2A Mains AC-DC Adaptor Power Supply for a mag 250 box on the island. I assume there must be an electrical place in Rosario where they stock or can supply power adaptors.

MLA

Hi beachlife, what about trying the secondhand shop in Corralejo, or a recycling centre?

Will196

beachlife

Quote from: MLA on February 12, 2017, 08:41:56 AM
Hi beachlife, what about trying the secondhand shop in Corralejo, or a recycling centre?

Thanks for the suggestion MLA but would rather have a new electrical adaptor for safety reasons as it would be plugged in 24/7.

beachlife

Quote from: Will196 on February 12, 2017, 08:47:19 AM
There is always amazon.

Have tried amazon and got one from amazon but it was from China and proved not rated correctly for the job. Once bitten ....

Thanks for suggestion.

Will196

The sad thing is they're likely all from China today :(

Windermeregolfer

Have you tried the gadget and computer section at Electron?  they are so similar to PC World / Currys here in UK where they have some with an adaptor pack for different equipment. Just a thought.

spitfire58

The mobile phone/gadget place down on the left near the Aberdeen steak house in Caleta should have one if you are near Caleta. I quite often go in there, very helpful. But get the son, he knows a lot regarding phones, computers, internet etc

beachlife

Quote from: spitfire58 on February 12, 2017, 11:25:36 AM
The mobile phone/gadget place down on the left near the Aberdeen steak house in Caleta should have one if you are near Caleta. I quite often go in there, very helpful. But get the son, he knows a lot regarding phones, computers, internet etc

That sounds a good option will give that a try next time I go down to Caleta.

Do you know the opening times so I can make sure when I do go I arrive when they are open?

spitfire58

Quote from: beachlife on February 12, 2017, 14:28:08 PM
Quote from: spitfire58 on February 12, 2017, 11:25:36 AM

That sounds a good option will give that a try next time I go down to Caleta.

Do you know the opening times so I can make sure when I do go I arrive when they are open?

Not sure beachlife, the son tends to be on in the afternoons I think. I am back over on 18th so can pop in & check for you if you like

beachlife

Thanks Spitfire I might go down in afternoon one cloudy or wet day (been a few of those lately), before you get out here.

Black 5

Hi, I bought one in Corralejo a few months ago. Take the back road towards the port , immediately after passing the ferreteria Marcial turn right into Calle Falua and there is a small electrical shop 50-100m down on the left hand side. they had one in stock but take your old one with you to make sure you get the right plug size. ;)
"Your not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on"

beachlife

Quote from: Black 5 on February 15, 2017, 20:54:23 PM
Hi, I bought one in Corralejo a few months ago. Take the back road towards the port , immediately after passing the ferreteria Marcial turn right into Calle Falua and there is a small electrical shop 50-100m down on the left hand side. they had one in stock but take your old one with you to make sure you get the right plug size. ;)

Thanks for the information. I went to Caleta to look for one but no luck. Have ordered one on amazon(UK) and a friend is bringing it out in just over a week. However didn`t know that electrical place was there so will have a look for any future problems.