Don't ignore warnings on flights !

Started by IsThisForumStillGoingWow, August 15, 2014, 10:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

Well done RA for banning this idiot for life on their flights. They refused to sell nuts from their trolley and warned people NOT to open any bought at the airport but still....

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/little-girl-4-stops-breathing-on-stansted-flight-after-selfish-passenger-opens-packet-of-nuts-despite-three-warnings-9667938.html

This selfish thoughtless moron should have been prosecuted.
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

decho

I am astonished at the behaviour of some passengers on flights. The Ryanair cabin crew in my opinion do an excellent job and are so tolerant. On our recent flight some clever guy had brought his own wine, opened it on board and spent the whole flight downing it, then becoming 'clever' with the cabin crew.
If it had been me I think I would have thumped him, so hats off to the crew who remained composed throughout - I find the level of service in Ryanair so much better than it use to be with the staff going out of their way to be helpful.
I am pleased this person has been banned and hope that this poor girl gets her confidence back to fly again.

woe10

Re-cycled air is a big problem on flights now, spreading all kinds of germs. Before the smoking ban, the air was "Replaced".

Last week on a Binter flight from Tenerife, we were handed  out packets of nuts by the aircrew, without any problems.

Brightspark

Wait til someone boards a plane with ebola....

It will happen.

IsThisForumStillGoingWow

Quote from: woe10 on August 15, 2014, 13:38:44 PM
Re-cycled air is a big problem on flights now, spreading all kinds of germs. Before the smoking ban, the air was "Replaced".

Last week on a Binter flight from Tenerife, we were handed  out packets of nuts by the aircrew, without any problems.

I think you're missing the point here Woe...unless someone had said there was someone with a severe allergy onboard the there is no problem...quote from child's mother..

"She said she spoke to staff who told passengers twice once they boarded and again when the food trolley was offered not to eat nuts.

Katy said: “They said there was a child on board with a very severe nut allergy, so no nuts purchased in the airport should not be consumed and they would be selling no nuts on the flight."

I do agree about the recycled air though, if I'm ever ill (ie a cold etc)  it's nearly always after a flight.
Only two things are infinite,the universe and human stupidity,and im not sure about the former .....

woe10

Sorry, didn't know about the child's mother telling the aircrew. I thought it was a general rule on RA, no nuts.

Alcohol on planes is what needs banning. When there's a major disaster due to some drunk, maybe they'll act.

Re: Recycled air, yeh, living here in Fuerte, we are susceptible to all kinds of cold and flu brought over by Tourists.

Ggarlo

Totally agree about some people's awful behaviour on planes and the way they totally ignore basic instructions, it drives me mad.  However, one thing I did find quite amusing a couple of years ago was when an announcement was made that the cabin crew would not be selling any nuts on the flight due to a passenger on board having a severe nut allergy.  We were then served an in flight meal and on the wrapper of the chicken dinner was the warning "May contain nuts"!!!  You couldn't make it up!

erik_tonny

woe10

Quote from: Ggarlo on August 17, 2014, 12:44:02 PM
Totally agree about some people's awful behaviour on planes and the way they totally ignore basic instructions, it drives me mad.  However, one thing I did find quite amusing a couple of years ago was when an announcement was made that the cabin crew would not be selling any nuts on the flight due to a passenger on board having a severe nut allergy.  We were then served an in flight meal and on the wrapper of the chicken dinner was the warning "May contain nuts"!!!  You couldn't make it up!

Everything has that on it nowadays, it covers them from lawyers4you.com

When I was a kid, nobody had heard on nut allergy, what happened  :o

Hambledon

I had some on my last RA flight. When the stewardess gave them to me she said, "You're nuts sir" - I didn't know what to say!!!!