Author Topic: Newbies - Please introduce yourselves here.  (Read 84439 times)

Offline admin

• Administrator
Newbies - Please introduce yourselves here.
« on: June 30, 2012, 12:24:43 pm »
No obligation - some people like to remain anonymous - but please use this thread to let us know a bit about you.

Your first 5 posts will require you to go through the Captcha system but after that it won't bother you again.

How to pick an avatar
Profile / Modify Profile / Forum Profile / Choose Avatar from Gallery

How to upload your photos for your profile:
http://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/index.php?topic=15775.0

For other 'How To's' check the 'Stickies' at the top of 'Queries and Questions' or 'General Chat'

Oh and Welcome to the Forum !
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 14:19:26 pm by admin »

Offline Liz Swain

Re: Newbies - Please introduce yourselves here.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 14:11:07 pm »
Hi There

My name's Liz and myself & my husband are visiting your island for 2 weeks in October.  We've been to Tenerife, Gran Can, but never Fuerteventura - really looking forward to it & doing a bit of research before we come, so we know the best places to eat, drink etc.

Offline merlin

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 15:54:18 pm »
hi there to you all .ive not posted as yet but have used this forom many times for info over many years,i have been coming to your island since 1997 and spent 3years living there up chip monk mountain from 2004,i last visited there in march of this year and i shell be back in august  for two weeks ,in the uk i have a ironing company and i spent my time on the island doing my spiritual work,its a loverly place to chill and meditate,thankyou

Offline bella34

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 21:35:11 pm »
Hi folks, my username is bella34, we've just had another brilliant holiday on this lovely isle and love reading other members accounts and opinions of Fuerteventura, and look forwards to many more .

Offline Hingston60

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 22:57:18 pm »
Hi we are Dawn n Colin and have the new laundry in El Cotillo...

This is a fantasic idea, to introduce ourselves...

We have lived here together for a couple of years but three of the kids live in the UK and all work and one daughter lives here with her son Kai...

We really do our best to communicate with everyone where ever you come from..

We love our life here...

Good luck to all those who chose to come here and make a life it's a truly wonderful place xx

Offline joyusj76

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 15:14:22 pm »
 Hi I have posted many times on this forum, its kind of like a fuerteventura lifeline.  I am from South Ireland and have been to Caleta many times, and back again this August 11th, so look out for the 3 white Irish in the Flower of Scotland bar :), we would love to meet some more wonderful people, plans are to hopefully spend more time there when the kids can fend for themselves (if that ever happens)  ;D

Offline tich

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 18:38:35 pm »
Hy guys am back its tich ( andrea) just thought ad say hi even tho i have many of you on facebook  ;Dxx

Offline Brightspark

• Brexit Means Brexit
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 18:53:19 pm »
Hi, I'm brightspark and I'm an alcoholic

Offline cleaning ladies

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 20:01:28 pm »
Thought I recognised you from one of the meetings brightspark, I'm shiela and I'm a cleaner among other things.

Offline KateandTim

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 20:48:24 pm »
Hi!

Kate and Tim here, we are moving to Caleta de Fuste in two weeks time, for 3 months at first and then seeing how we like it.

We move around quite a bit and are excited about going somewhere completely new to us!

Nice to meet you all!

8)

Offline appy ammer

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 21:46:01 pm »
i'm a demigod, prefer to be a leg end so i could join kennys crew;)

Offline cleaning ladies

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 08:11:30 am »
i'm a demigod, prefer to be a leg end so i could join kennys crew;)
your not old enough yet Appy  8)

Offline Sunshinekid

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 10:05:27 am »
Hi I'm Sunshinekid
Visited fuerteventura a few times now.
Once to horizonte, but more recently near Jandia, because i like the naturist friendly beaches and walks, which wouldn't be possible
without the lovely weather ;D

Offline SurfJames

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 13:10:26 pm »
Greetings to Liz, Merlin, Bella, Hingston, Joyus, tic, KateandTim, Cleaning ladies, and Sunshine.
Welcome to the madhouse!  ;D 8)

As for appy and bright - I reckon you've been 'ere before, and just seeking attention.  ;D 

Offline IsThisForumStillGoingWow

• Karma has no deadline
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 00:32:35 am »
Nice to see you back here Andrea, long time since you last posted, welcome back  8) 8)

Offline postie1

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 09:44:06 am »
Only joined the thread a day or so ago, so Hi everyone. Well off to costa calma tomorrow, cant wait.

Offline Paddster

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 16:42:02 pm »
Have a great time postie !!!!!
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline kate38

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 12:19:59 pm »
Hi all, im Kate and I have just moved to the island  :D am currently staying with a friend, but in the process of looking for an apartment get paperwork sorted etc. The holiday part is over lol Im looking forward to meeting lots of new people and mak ing lots of fabfriends.
You can't miss me I feel like billy no mates wandering around lol (friend appears to be working all the time  :( ) Scary thought this starting over!!

Offline Paddster

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 09:38:53 am »
Good luck with everything Kate,takes bottle to start over somewhere new,you'll love the place...... 8)

Offline RVEEE

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 21:37:25 pm »
Hi
I'm Harvey (not really but only my mum calls me anything else). I've been lurking for a couple of years, an owner at La Pared for about 5 yrs.

One day I'll live there.

Offline Can the Man

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 13:23:29 pm »
Welcome on board  :D

Offline Spicedylan

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 22:48:06 pm »
Hello all.
I will be moving to the island on the 30th December.  For the past 2 years my little house in Parque Holandes has been completely renovated and now ready for my big move!!!  Can't wait.
Love the island and after visiting for the last 10 years have decided that this is where I wish to spend my retirement  8)
Look forward to chatting and hopefully getting advice and help in the future.

Offline chesternutz

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2012, 01:50:21 am »
hi

newbie, not been to FUE nor Canaries before. Always chosen Greece but having an xmas holiday changed destination due to weather and broaden scope of choice.

Offline Can the Man

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 16:02:16 pm »
Welcome Chesternutz and enjoy.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline NEWMAGGIEB

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2012, 09:57:58 am »
Hi there - I used to be just MAGGIEB but couldn't get back in as that -they  had my old email addy and I can't remember it!!  Old age - don't ask! so I've re-registered - don't get back to the island at all now, travelling isn't on my agenda, but I do like to dip in now and then just to see wot's occurring. ;)  We had a place at Costa Golf 1 - Brightspark won't remember us, but his mum might and we remember Woody, dumped some of our cupboard stuff on him before we left!  So please pass on my best to Sandy., hope she is well.   Good to see some of the 'old' names are still in circulation!   xxxxx

Offline TonyMac

Re: Newbies - Please introduce yourselves here >>> TONY MAC
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 16:23:36 pm »
Hi,
my name is Tony Mac and I lived on the island for many years before moving to Tenerife. My first bar was within the Montecastillo Centre, Caletta, known as 'Tony Macs Bar' (now Chaplins)

Since leaving Feurteventura, I owned bars in Tenerife (including bthe famous 'Talk of the Town') and a group of pubs in the UK (The Best Pub Company)

I am interested in maybe opening a 'large' theatre style bar (indoors or outdoors) in Feurteventura, in which I could put on large theatre style productions and entertainment. The venue would need to have good foot-flow and would be FREE to visit.

I would be interested in hearing from those on the island that may have ideas of locations suitable for such a venture - that would produce around 30 jobs on the island.

I can be contacted by email - tm@tonymurray.co.uk

THANK YOU

Tony Mac

Offline Can the Man

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 13:19:20 pm »
Hi Tony,

I love your idea/concept, it would make for great entertainment, however, on a personal note I don't think you will get the required footfall.

The hotels and their 'All Inclusives' has ruined a lot of the local businesses  :'( - little restuarants and bars that had the personal service, where the owners got to know the patrons and the patrons would come back year after year and also tell their friends about it.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't live in Fuerte, but I do own an apt. in Caleta, and visit about 4 times a year, I also like to visit the noth (Corrie) and south (Jandia - Morro Jable) everytime I visit and always try support the local bussiness with my custom. I have been coming here for the last 8 or 9 years and even before the economic recession hit the Island I have seen the numbers drop off.

Who knows, maybe your venture is just what the island needs to attract more visitors who will spend money.

Good luck, and I look forward to reading more about your venture.

Offline Dudan

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 20:44:55 pm »
Hi, we have only been once. Stayed in Costa Calma in November 2010. Normally go to Greece and was unsure about Canaries.  Really enjoyed Costa Calma and winter sun. Going back to same apartments, Bahia Calma, six weeks today. We've hired a car so lookin forward to exploring.

Offline Devonia57

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2012, 11:42:07 am »
Hi Alan and Mandy from Devon, We have been visiting the Island since 1991(Time Share) we really adore the place and will continue to visit and have already booked for July next year, may see some of you then.  :)
Hi to all at Lins Cafe,Tropical Bar etc etc etc

Offline Sherwin65

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 18:35:50 pm »
Hello everyone! I'm Sherwin and I am new to the community. I know that boards are a great position to understand and communicate with other individuals , so that People can discuss their ideas with each other.