Author Topic: Newbies - Please introduce yourselves here.  (Read 77777 times)

Offline 31shadows

Re: Newbies - Please introduce yourselves here.
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 17:54:35 pm »
Hi
We are Karen and Mark.
We have been visiting since 2008.
Retirement imminent, hope to move to the island hopefully, some time in spring summer of 2013.

Offline Hannah and Simon

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2012, 15:39:54 pm »
Hi all were moving to Fuerty on 2nd November.  Were husband and wife with a lively little 4 year old son.  Going to be livng and working in corralejo's.  Hopefully we will make friends soon and any tips and advice before the big more would be greatly appreciated

Hannah and Simon

Offline celtic woman

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2012, 14:28:22 pm »
hi have no idea if i'm using this right - sorry should have read instructions first, anyway myself and my husband have been to fuerte 3 times, absolutely in love with the place.  miss it every day we're not there.  Usually catch up with the news on this site over lunch at work, enjoy getting a glimpse into the wonderful world that is fuerteventura !

Offline sunshine three

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2012, 20:10:35 pm »
Good day to you all. My wife is Wendy, I'm Rob. We have been members for quite a few years as sunshine too but could not get it to work after the 'modernisation' Don't have a lot to say but like reading everyones comments

Offline witmaj

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2012, 18:43:48 pm »
Hi my names Sara, myself and my husband have been coming over fo about 3 years about 4 to 5 times a year, we used to be villa owners in Florida but due to my ilness i cannot be on a plane for 8  to 9 hours. Future plans are to retire to the island, love the people and the culture. We always are looking to buy the right  property at the right price ;D x

Offline ann25

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2012, 19:25:08 pm »
Hey there !
I'm Anna, 26yrs old from Poland. I visited Fuerteventura first time 5 years ago, i loved this place on earth. I promised myself that one day it will be my home. Every year I had to back there, I could'nt find better place for holidays (and even I didn't think to find it coz I know where I feel comfortable) last time I have been there week ago, as always i stayed in Melia Gorriones (my favorite hotel) Now I'm in Poland but at the beginning of the new year i want to move to Fuerte permanently. I'm happy, coz here I hope I can meet a lot of people, with experience and good advices.
Have a nice evening for all!
Saludos

Offline singer62

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2012, 16:02:59 pm »
HI im Bev and my hubbie and I are flying out on saturday 10th November for a well earned break. cant wait. Does anyone know of any festivals going on next week?

Offline Neilclarke

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2012, 13:55:12 pm »
Neil Clarke from Derby. Have been to Fuerte four times in the last two years. Fantastic place. My wife and I are looking to retire there in 10 years time and will visit many more times before then.
Great site to get to know other people who live on the island. :D

Offline CDT

• cathiedogtraining.com
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2012, 13:24:39 pm »
Hi, I'm Cathie and am new to this site. I've been living here for 20 months now and LOVE this Island! Every day seems a gift. Have met some lovely people.........just wanted to say "Hello"!

Offline Greenman

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2012, 14:48:20 pm »
Greenman here,
We have been to the island three times, Twice in the last two years.
We are kite enthusiats who come out for your kite festival.
I hope to retire to Fuerteventura on of these days.

Offline Can the Man

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2012, 11:46:16 am »
Hello everybody,

I'm Penny and this is my first day on the forum. I have been visiting Fuerteventura 2 or 3 times a year with my husband for several years now but I am recently divorced and will be visiting on my own from here on. I just love the beaches and the Corralejo Dunes are my favourite resting place. Although it is going  to feel strange being on my own, I am the confident type and am determined to carry on enjoying my favourite beaches and making a new life for myself.

Welcome lonesome dove, and just remember teh old saying,

Strangers are only friends I have not met yet.  :-*

Offline stu_katie

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2012, 22:57:05 pm »
Hi everyone

I moved to La Oliva in September with my husband and two young children, we are absolutely loving it.  I have recently launched my own cake business, I make celebration cakes, everyday cakes and cupcakes :)

We are embracing the Spanish lifestyle and enjoying every minute of learning the language and encouraging our children to do the same.  We have been welcomed into the local community and our 4 year old is loving the local school.

Thanks to all who have taken the time to help us settle :)

Kate x

Offline growers

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2012, 18:39:11 pm »
Hi, Melanie and Bart here. Melanie born and raised in England, Bart a market gardener from Holland. We are Fuerteventura fans would love to move over there.

Offline madpaul

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2012, 20:41:04 pm »
Hi,
We are Pauline and Ian a retired couple who have visited Fuerteventura many times. We are arriving again in January but this time for 3 months approx.
Looking forward to meeting up with old friends and hopefully making new!!!
Staying a bit further out of town this time so think Clarkies Bar will become our regular haunt, if anyone frequents Clarkies please introduce yourselves to us!

MadPaul

Offline caro79

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2012, 22:46:17 pm »
Hei!

I am a norwegian woman going to Fuerteventura for the first time. One week in january and really looking forward to it. I'm here to look and ask for all sorts of information about the island.

Thank you.

Offline sorepaws

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2012, 04:42:36 am »
Hello we are Mike and Linda,
We are buying a house in Corralejo completing by year end.
Thank you to everyone for all the information here.
M&L

Offline IanUK

• Regards Ian
    • Bootham Gardens Guesthouse
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2012, 09:06:27 am »
Hi
We will be going to F. for the first time in Jan. Have previously been to G. C. and Ten. We travel not for the beach, but to experience the local culture and food. V. interested in landscapes and history. We are 'Fair Trade' travellers in that we want to spend our money with the locals rather than with internat. companies. We have visited over 30 countries

We will be staying in Lajares and touring in a car hired from Cabrera Medina

Always plan our hols ourselves and the last three have been via a site that lists 320,000 properties. http://www.homeaway.co.uk/

We live in the center of York and own and run a successful guest house.
IanUK

Offline AE1905

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2013, 00:02:15 am »

Offline Trumpy

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2013, 10:11:26 am »
Hi I'm David. I have been to the island a few times with my partner Pat.

I am in the process of purchasing a house in Caleta. I'm a keen motorcyclist and love offroading.

Any member got any info on motorcycle offroading on the island?

Offline Northern Girl

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2013, 21:52:43 pm »
Hi
Not really new. Have been using this forum under the name of 'Missy' for several years. However, had to reregister as passwords all changed.

Still find the site useful, so keep up the good work.

Love Fuerteventura & Corralejo. Have never had a bad holiday here.

Offline mike p

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2013, 21:02:27 pm »
Hi i am a new member living in the u k .
we have a house on tamaragua.
GREAT island great people.

Offline ohmeohmy

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2013, 22:46:03 pm »
Hello all, long time browser. Have been going to the island for about 10 years and absolutely love the place.
This forum has been a great resource and thought it was about time to register. Just back from almost a month there and cannot wait to go back.

Regards

Offline brizzle

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2013, 14:16:48 pm »
Hi, I have been reading the forums on and off for quite a while gaining some good info which has helped me on my first 2 holidays to the island, so I decided to register. Can't wait until April for my third stay in Corralejo.

Offline nooni123

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2013, 17:33:35 pm »
HI I am Nooni, I am a newbiee..... and searching a holiday buddy to go to fuerteventura with me ... gfravw

Offline SOOZZEE

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2013, 00:07:08 am »
Hi Guys , Im Sue and me and partner are looking to buy in Corralejo area in the near future. As a second home, not to rent out .We are really looking to do bit of info gathering , but will rent for few months first .. must say a bit alarmed by all the empty residential complexes we have seen for sale . Some are like ghost towns e.g Green /Golden Park.

I am hoping you guys can gives us the low down on any queries we may have  ;D

Thanks for your time ,and have a  great day x

Offline TimandLyn

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2013, 11:39:29 am »
Hi folks. We are Tim and Lyn. We've been to Fuerte many times and normally stay in Caleta.

Been off the forum for a couple of years, so it's nice to see some old names. Went to Egypt this year for a change, but not overly impressed, so will be returning to Fuerte in future.

Offline Can the Man

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2013, 18:59:17 pm »
Hi folks. We are Tim and Lyn. We've been to Fuerte many times and normally stay in Caleta.

Been off the forum for a couple of years, so it's nice to see some old names. Went to Egypt this year for a change, but not overly impressed, so will be returning to Fuerte in future.

Welcome back Tim & Lyn

Strange that you did not like Egypt, me and mrs Can did Cairo, Luxur, the Nile and Sharm a few years ago and loved it.

Fuerteventura is our home in the sun, when we need a break.

Offline lovethebeach

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2013, 18:16:24 pm »
Hi back on the forum from  years ago  we come to FV around twice a year we enjoy the bars and the naked ife style FV offers

Offline gattaca66

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2013, 20:26:25 pm »
Hi all!

We're Alan and Helen, and although we live in the UK we've visited Fuerteventura afew times over the past 15 years or so - with our boys as they've been growing up, and most recently just the two of us. We've 'done' the other islands out there and we also love Mallorca in the summer, but Fuerteventura just has that certain something that makes it a bit more special....and its not just the weather! I've already been able to take early retirement from my long-term career and Helen (a nurse) can do the same within the next year, so we are thinking very seriously about a move to the island. Must have read every single article going on the economic situation, agonised over all the advice re buy/rent/keep a UK place, but the bottom line is that for at least 5 months of the year the UK is just too darned cold, wet and miserable.... and if we get another summer as bad as 2012..! Anyway, we we came back from a December visit more convinced than ever, so we're back again in early March for a bit more of a serious look.

This site is excellent, and its great to pick up info from those a bit more in the know about living in Fuerteventura. Been following it for while, but thought it would be good to 'sign up'!

Offline Mikster

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2013, 07:51:27 am »
Hi newbie Mikster from Derby in the UK, will be over next week for a cheeky week, looking forward to a beer or two in Blue Rock, lunch at the harbour and tapas in Corralcoles, if they're all still around.
Posted in the CD Corralejo fixtures about football shirts if anyone can help me......
Thanks and Hello