Cofete

Started by suntanjo, February 07, 2006, 22:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suntanjo

Can you help?
going to fuerte in early may, can anyone tell me if cofete beach is possible to reach by car or is 4x4 best, this will be my second time in fuerte and i would like to explore the island more.

live2surf

Cofete is accessible by car but for comfort a 4x4 would be better as it is about 40 minutes on dirt track. It is a fantastic beach, not many people around and you can walk for miles. The sea can be a little unpredictable and is not advisable to swim in unless you are a confident swimmer, there are no lifeguards there either. In the village of Cofete there is a bar but not much else. Enjoy!

woody2

[:D][:D][:D]  Playa del Mattoral in Jandia has rows &rows of sunbeds and more than half are aways occupied with naturist`s ,Costa Calma has some under the resturant Esmarelda and my favorite beach playa del Moro has now increased its sunbeds to over 50,its two or three k`s this side of the RIU hotels on the Corralejo road from Rosario, hope all of this is of some use to you,enjoy the sun , [8D][8D][8D] woody.
WOODY        My latest invention is a Coffee Apple.

It's like a Toffee Apple but tastes of ..........

I expect my Nobel Prize is in the post!

"Dos cangrejos del u'o de mi pueblo".
 www.freewebs.com/woodytoo/

nickmacuk

With regards to Cofete and other places off road in Ferte a 4x4 is the best bet, but insurance is a bit of a problem most companies class off tarmac as off road. You will certainly find the road to Cofete an "interesting" experience.
With regards to the sun beds most sunbed beaches tend to be textile there are a few as woody has listed depends really on where you are staying as to which is better. Not a sunbed person myself prefer to lie on the beach or in [8D]a*sheep pen*
There are some photos of the Cofete area via my website.

nick

strelec96

I have reached Cofete by Seat Leon... no problem.
But if you go to Cofete please drive carefully, I have seen one crashed car there. Road to Cofete is really dangerous. Good Luck :)

james5

Cofete is a fantastic beach.therre are not many people around it so you can long walk to enjoy.

Sherwin65

I agree with you James that it is a very good beach. I like all the places and beach around it and Each one is quite different from the other geographically . I'd really like to check out them.

gold coast family accommodation

KWC

It has to be said again that if you intend going to Cofete beach, then please watch that dirt track road. There are some hairpin bends and whn you meet another car coming the opposite direction it can get a little scary. The wife will never ever go back again!!

As for the beach! yesr its a beautiful clean, unpopulated beach and great for sun bathing and walks, but NOT for swiming.  The seas are rough around that coast and the water undertow is very strong even relatively close in to the shore.

If you do venture over, also remember the minute you leave the main road and get onto that dirt track road, you are not covered with the rental company/Insurance so please note that.  Even a 4x 4 is not exempt from leaving the tarmac  :o

If you do go, enjoy and good luck!