Ibi

Started by monk, April 17, 2013, 21:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monk

Hi guys, just wondering if someone can tell me when the IBI is due?
Richard

Deso

It is due now as of 1st April and you have until the end of June to pay it.

They have swapped IBI and Basura around AGAIN! so Basura will be due around October.  ::)
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

monk

Thanks for the info, I thought we paid for them both at the same time certainly for the past 2 years I've only made one trip to Tenencia de Alcadía around May time to pay them.
Richard

glenys

I thought one was due in October and one in April. Is this right?

Deso

Quote from: glenys on April 18, 2013, 10:12:54 AM
I thought one was due in October and one in April. Is this right?

Yes, last year Basura, €30 one, was due in April and IBI in October.

This year, IBI April, Basura October.  i am so glad we do it Direct Debit.   ;D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

annalivia

Just checked my online bank account and IBI due to be debited tomorrow. Gone up by €24 since last year.

Deso

Quote from: annalivia on April 24, 2013, 20:52:37 PM
Just checked my online bank account and IBI due to be debited tomorrow. Gone up by €24 since last year.

How big a percentage rise was yours Annalivia? Emmi says hers went up 20%  :o
Regards, Neil

annalivia

Yes, that would be about right Deso. Bit of a jump.

DaveW

Ours has gone up by just under 20%

Canary Admin Services

Remember that not all Town Halls work in the same way so in some areas the basura won't be payable until later in the year but for example in La Oliva both basura and IBI are due. It is best to check with your local Town Hall to see what rates have been released for payment.

fuerte crazy

Quote from: DaveW on April 24, 2013, 21:38:03 PM
Ours has gone up by just under 20%
Same for us Dave - 20% increase
Lisa

Deso

Ours has just gone out.  €350   :o

Not quite sure why we pay so much, unless it is because Castillo Mar is classed as Tourist. This is a one bed with a catastral value of around €56k.

Any thoughts, examples?
Regards, Neil

F1REFLY999

Hi Deso mine has gone out from my bank yesterday, €490 for Amuleymar 1  :'(
La luciérnaga

Please visit www.costacaleta.co.uk

Captain Sensible

My IBI has gone up from 305 euros to 364 in Caleta.  That's for a 3 bed with some land; so yours is very high Deso :(

Deso

Ours is. actually more than the ones with a back garden.   ::)
Regards, Neil

TheCooler

Apparently properties have recently been re- rated. Not sure why, they should just say bills are going up 20%.

I have recently found out that the IBI is calculated on building size, and gardens are not in that measurement.So for Amuley Mar 1 , your Garage area and downstairs bedroom / ensuite could be the reason for a higher charge.

Deso

Yes, I believe a garage or garage space are registered as a building in their own right and can be sold as a separate entity.
So in effect, you are paying for two buildings FF
Regards, Neil