Corralejo March 2014

Started by Beachfun, December 30, 2013, 14:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beachfun

:o

capricornukuk

We will be there on sat naked in the dunes christening our new camera :)

capricornukuk

Karen-D

Hubby and I are visiting  Corralejo  for the first time mid March for a couple of weeks and are staying at the Gran Natura (naturist place opened in October) We are going to have a hire car and would be grateful for any advice about the best sun bathing spots and where best to park.

SheilaW

Gran Natura is literally the first building you come to when entering Corralejo (some time after the two high-rise hotels among the dunes). It's orange and grey which is an unusual colour scheme for the island so you can't miss it. There's a car park just before it so be ready for that. There's also limited parking on the road outside.

The first bit of the beach right outside the hotel (Flag Beach) is mixed, with the naturists tending to be discreet, but it's a mixture of sand, plants and rocks at first so it might not be your best bet. If you walk past the sunbeds/bar area it gets more and more naturist until it goes back to textile close to the high-rise hotels. From the far side of the hotels south it's very naturist. Do make sure you visit the lagoons to the north of El Cotillo, too, right the way up to and beyond the lighthouse. They are very lovely, and the water is calm and shallow, being protected by reefs. There are kilometres and kilometres of good beaches in the south, too.

Bear in mind that there are no beaches here that are classified naturist, just loads of tolerance on both sides. It used to worry us a bit but not now. Very often you find yourself on a textile beach; you strip off, go for a swim (well, maybe not at this time of year :-X) and when you get back you're on a naturist beach!

jg

Further to the previous two posts, my preference would be to leave the Gran Natura naked and walk south until you find a place that suits you.
I have often walked naked past the two high rise hotels - nobody bats an eyelid if you are walking sensibly near the waterline and not making an exhibition of yourselves.
As far as swimming is concerned the water is almost the same temperature throughout the year - I swim in January and February without any problems.

PS If you are like me you won't use the car at all except for airport transfers and a visit to El Cotillo.
JG

sunpics

8) 8) Hi Karen D  8) Unless you plan to travel around the island not much point in a car just walk up the beach  :o :o  Go naked if you want no one will bat an eye lid at you being naked. Go towards the two large RIU Hotels on the beach  I will put my trunks on when I get to the first hotel  to go around the head land but some do not bother at all. After the sun beds in front of the Riu Oliva Beach Hotels I will strip off  again. The  further up you go not as many people the sand is like powder. It is a wonderful beach for naturists you can be naked most of the time. Have a wonderful time Karen D ,we will be back in February for two weeks sun we can not wait to get stripped off.  8) 8) 8) A little tip buy a beach shelter to chill out on the beach to get out of the scirocco  that is always blowing and stops sand getting in all your bits. Only 20 euros from local shops.  Cheers Sunpics

capricornukuk

We will be there tomorrow I hope the sea temp is good I love going for a skinny dip in the Atlantic ,
We usually go to the dunes past the two big hotels and try to find one of stone pods one day in the week we are going to try the pods just before the kite surfers beach.

We also always pay a visit to el cottilo lovely beach nice and tranquil but we have never wandered far from the beach so this time we will go for a stroll towards the lighthouse see if we can find a nice secluded cove for some skinny dipping :)

jg

Capricornukuk - you can wander naked from the start of the beach opposite the bus stop as far as the lighthouse.
Whether you fins any good places to swim depends on the state of the tide but there are usually quite a few good coves on your way and a few more round the corner on the north coast.
I regularly walk and cycle all the stretch naked when I am in El Cotillo - your only problem would be carrying your clothes (unless you lock them in the car boot).
JG

SoCal

@Capricornukuk,  I agree with JG, the dunes around El Cotillo on both the west and east side of the road make for an excellent walk. It is easy and pleasant to follow the beach north to the faro and then continue east until the sand runs out.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

studio500

I think we may make our first El Buff visit to the beach tomorrow. We stayed on a small beach today but it was at the start of the dunes before Corralejo. No nudists where we were and then later in the day we moved to another dune beach with a few drinks huts located on them. Sorry but we didn't see any names.

I guess we need to move further toward the first hotel to find the right spot.

Feeling a little nervous as have never tried buff bathing before but it's definitely on my list of things to do b4ID lol
Oddly I think the wife is more nervous than me  :D but we are here for 3 weeks and could stay up to 2 months so may as well give it a go.

You never know we may meet some of the board members! Ahoy shipmates  ;D

jg

@studio500 - we will be in Corralejo from Wednesday 8th for a fortnight and I certainly intend to visit the dunes beach several times.
I am sending you a photo  by personal message so shout if you see me.
JG

Karen-D

Thanks to everyone who has given their help and advice. 

capricornukuk

studio 54 if you past the two big hotels a fair bit past them, last time we were there we hired bikes and cycled a fair bit past them to an beach area  where set back is a small beach bar on the coast there are lots of stone pods and naturists so if your bit nervous/ shy there ideal place to get your kit off and relax and have a bit of privacy if you want or not :)

capricornukuk

A nice day in the dunes today especially late afternoon when the area was deserted ;) and el cottilo yesterday in a remote pod :) nothing like a bit alfresco :)

Sweet Dreams

We will be  in Corralejo on the 15th March 2014  and we will be on the beach every day!!!!

SoCal

Question is, how do people from this forum identify themselves to others on the beach or dunes if they aren't wearing anything? As my wife says, "Everyone looks like toast." Some are lightly toasted while others are more darkly toasted, but unless someone is diphallic or possesses a supernumerary nipple, it isn't obvious. Maybe we should all wear carnations in our hair?

sunpics

8) Well Socal  What happens if you have no hair at all ?
No place to put a flower? I am bald and shave all other hair off  except a little Brazilian !!!  :o
But must agree you do not walk around naked on the beach and ask every one who they are.
But you do get people talking to you.
Germans do it with flags, maybe we should have a forum flag :-* 
Cheers Sunpics

suendrob

Try wearing carnation in nipple ring then ;D  ;D  ;D

Magoo

I assume that Sweet Dreams look like Annie Lenox & Dave Stewart

suendrob

Quote from: Magoo on January 09, 2014, 17:35:07 PM

????

Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams of Fuerteventura lol! Beyoncé actually had a song Sweet dreams also
so that should keep you guessing on the beach what Sweet dreams looks like lol!!!!

suendrob

In the local tourist shops I've seen a postcard of a very busty lady dripping her icecream over her bare boobs and SWEET DREAMS in big letters. Always assumed that was you

Magoo

Quote from: suendrob on January 09, 2014, 18:12:18 PM
Quote from: Magoo on January 09, 2014, 17:35:07 PM

????

As the post indicated a couple & the question of ID on the beach came up, I thought

Eurythmics: Sweet Dreams are made of this

capricornukuk

Yesterday a bit like voyeur paradise in the dunes :)

Sweet Dreams

Quote from: suendrob on January 09, 2014, 18:35:32 PM
In the local tourist shops I've seen a postcard of a very busty lady dripping her icecream over her bare boobs and SWEET DREAMS in big letters. Always assumed that was you

LOL! Well it is a naturist friendly beach!

SoCal

When I return in March, I will fly a flag of a bare foot. Could others do the same?

SoCal

How will we know if it is your tent? ::) ::) ::). And not some bodies' else? :-\ :-\ :-\

Karen-D

Quote from: beachfun on January 11, 2014, 21:06:35 PM
When we are there in March we will be naked  :P :P and have our nice new beach tent  :D :D and an open bar for forum members lol! ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

We enjoy a stiff one on the beach, how will we know which tent is yours

maxieman

I'll be down south  for st pats b4 heading upon to corrie. Hopefully the bar will be fully stacked by then! Tropical for me please!