Author Topic: Villaverde - Casa Marcos  (Read 3489 times)

Offline SoCal

• Life is far too short....
Villaverde - Casa Marcos
« on: April 17, 2014, 00:46:50 am »

Offline KWC

• I knew deep down Scuba Diving wasn't for me
Re: Villaverde - Casa Marcos
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 08:12:03 am »
Another very thorough report SoCal and thanks for sharing your experience.

I had tried this establishment last September and at that time I didn't like the Tapas they served up to us. Bit wacky and tasteless for us.

You should find El Horno a bit more likable, if our experiences are anything to go by.

kenny

Offline SoCal

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 10:41:27 am »
After further reflection and even before I read your comments, I came to a somewhat similar conclusion about Casa Marcos as you did KWC. Everything about the restaurant is very good; the meal was unique because of the choices offered and the wine was quite tasty, but none of the tapas were a culinary masterpiece or equivalent to gastronomical euphoria. And yes, I have had several meals in Fuerteventura where the tastes were simply memorable. The best fish has been in La Pared. There have been several dishes at Azzurro's which made my whole body smile. The last one was a beef and mushroom dish in a wine reduction sauce that is not on the menu and they were testing it out for a new menu. And a recent meal of simply garlic prawns at a beach bar was heavenly.

There are so many other places to try. It may be a while before I get back to Casa Marcos.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 18:59:04 pm by SoCal »

Offline SoCal

Re: Villaverde - Casa Marcos .. a follow up
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 22:24:01 pm »
Forced to abandoned El Horno on Wednesday due to a bus full of tourists, I revisited Casa Marcos. Sadly, the food was less impressive than I remember. Yes, the salad was pretty crisp, but the cabriti friti (fried baby goat), was dull. Where is the seasoning?  I commend them for trying to be different, but none of the dishes impressed me.

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 01:15:52 am »
Visited Casa Marcos for the first time this evening with Spanish friends - they chose the venue, said it was their favourite. I have to agree with previous posts, venue is great, presentation of food is lovely, service was spot on but somehow I was left feeling unfulfilled by the food. It all sounded and looked great, fantastic choice, but nothing apart from my desert had a lot of flavour. The cabrito frito was particularly disappointing, couldn't find any meat on the bones. We also had hot cheese balls, fried aubergine with palm honey, open mushrooms filled with tartare sauce and little peppers filled with cheese.
Deserts: our friends both had polvitos (I think that's how it was spelt) and I tried a small piece, quite a nice flavour but a typical Fuerte soggy quasi cheesecake is how I would describe it! My partner chose a 'tower' of blueberries covered in white chocolate - very tasty but better described as a 'bungalow'! Approx 2 and a half inches across and 1 inch high is being generous. I chose a desert that consisted of dried fruit and nuts soaked in something nice, possibly honey rum, and then covered in white chocolate - 5 little teaspoon sized dollops on my plate, but it was so rich that was enough.
We were there for about 2 hours and the food was served one dish at a time for us all to share. Not particularly generous portions for 4 people but having said all that we probably had plenty to eat. Price for the 5 tapas dishes, 4 deserts, 2 large bottles of water and 1 glass of wine came to 85€. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening and would probably go back again to try some of the other dishes.

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 00:17:33 am »
Casa Marcos closed down a few months ago.
When I drove passed yesterday it looked as if a new restaurant has opened in the premises. Does anyone have any info?