Email From Filmon About FIFA World Cup - Blocked

Started by woe10, June 18, 2014, 14:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woe10

You should be getting ITV 1 right now, but it will be blocked during the transmission of World Cup matches. Unfortunately FIFA has requested for us to block all World Cup coverage on our UK channel streams. As a result we can only show World Cup coverage from UK channels to customers that have a UK IP address. While we're aware that people may be going around the IP restrictions by obtaining a UK IP via VPN software such as Hotspot Shield or Expat Shield, this is beyond our control and we can't encourage this or supply any help in setting it up.

Tomorrow (Thursday) and on Sunday, the German station ZDF will be streaming the matches and you should still be able to watch them on that channel if you don't mind German commentary. This may change as well if FIFA requests it: www.FilmOn.com/channel/zdf

If you are receiving a "Subscription expired" or similar message while trying to watch ITV1 outside the UK, please note this is displayed in error and purchasing a subscription would not give you access to World Cup coverage. To rectify this error we would appreciate if you could forward a screen print of this issue so that we can reproduce and rectify.

Should you be having trouble viewing ITV1 right now, it will help us analyze your connection if you please perform the following three checks for us:

1. www.filmon.com/support/check - This tests your connection to FilmOn and gathers playback-relevant data about your client or browser. After this diagnostic check has finished, you will get a result link - shown above the results - which you can send back to us. If there is a problem with copypasting, the number at the end of the link will be enough.

2. www.speedtest.net - Here your overall connection is measured. Click "Begin Test" and - when it is done - "Share this result", which allows you to copy the web result link and email it back to us.

3. It is also important for us to know if you experience performance problems on all channels or only on particular ones. Especially important regarding the UK channels is:
If you're experiencing problems from "group A" (BBC1-4, ITV1-4, Channel 4 & 5)... are you at the same time noticing problems from "group B" (ITV1+ - ITV4+, Dave, More4, Really)?

Kind regards,

FilmOn.com Support Team

colinblue

You can still watch the world cup on Filmon, make sure you begin watching the channel before the programme (not the match) starts. It will then play but you can´t turn in off until the end otherwise you will break the stream.

admin

woe10

England game's on Spanish TV tonight.  Cuatro or Telecinco can't remember at the moment.

Hingston60

Does it not work on itv? Is it mst bbc that s blocked?

woe10

Thanks Biggles for the tip. Put ITV on 10 minutes before the show started and watched the whole game, no problem, no FIFA warning. Shame England couldn't win.

Biggles

That wasn't my tip woe10. That was colinblue's. Good tip.
Mine was to use the Hola extension for Firefox or chrome.
Whatever works.

woe10

Archer

Can anyone show me how I can BLOCK the England game on my tv. Wish I hadn't watched it!  :P

woe10

They think it's all over !!!     It is now   !!!