Stone Circles

Started by Jimjo, March 29, 2015, 19:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimjo

Hello, hoping t spend as much time on thebeach as possible. i have tried to find out about the stone circles on the beach but cant seem to find very much on the net. How far are they away from Club Jandia Princess, How far are they away from the water, do people seem to use the same one for their stay and are your belongins safe being left there whilst going for a swimn in sea? Thank you for your help.

Magoo

Turn left on beach, walk 5min
Front ones can be on the water line at high tide depending on beach conditions
Yes, in the better ones
Yes, everyone keeps an eye on each others stuff when unattended.

Enjoy

Hint. treat yourself to a sunbed & sombrillo located just before the stone circles. Much more comfortable so long as the wind is not too strong. Better sea access as well

Jimjo

Thanks Magoo, always appreciate your posts. Can naturists use the sunbeds next to the stone circles?

Magoo

Quote from: Jimjo on March 29, 2015, 21:01:50 PM
Thanks Magoo, always appreciate your posts. Can naturists use the sunbeds next to the stone circles?

Of course. I have been using this bit of beach for years & it's always been used by naturists. The ratio does vary depending on Spanish holidays but the beds at the North end tend to be textile free most of the time. This bit of beach offers sheltered swimming with good access to the sea. Ie No rocks underfoot unless the weather has been bad. It also offers a bit of shelter from the wind. There are one or two sets of beds set back up the cliff, which provide some privacy, however it's a clamber if you enjoy frequent swims.

As with the circles, the Germans will keep an eye on your stuff for you. Should your towel blow away off your bed, you will return to find it neatly folded with a large stone holding it down & a few smug looks!

If it is really windy, I would recommend using the FP naturist area which is very good, or rent a car & go exploring the island

Not sure if we will make it to Fuerty this year due to work & other commitments, so I really envy you. Have a great time!

notdeadfred

Hi there. We are just back from 2 weeks in the Fuerte Princess so can provide some up to date info.

Due to the stronger and chillier than usual winds (and rain) experienced over the last few weeks, some of the stone shelters have been built up even higher to provide more protection! I agree with Magoo about hiring sunbeds, but very few sunbeds and brollies in use whilst we were there due to the winds. Hopefully the weather will soon improve.

Esquinzo beach itself is in fine condition though, with the large shelf that was in front of the sunbeds you have been discussing completely gone making for an easy walk down to the sea. However there are a few more small stones at the water's edge than previously. (I will try to post some pictures later).

There are also stone shelters right in front of the FP and to the south in front of the Magic Life.

Oh and the council seem to be building some new shelters of some kind on the beach on the wide area in front of the Jandia Princess.

Jimjo

Hi Notdeadfred, some photos of the beach would be good thanks, we are staying in at Jandia Princess so any of the stone circles near the beach would be good, thanks

Magoo

Posted this a while back. It shows the stone circles from Esquinzo

http://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/index.php?topic=19357.0

Jimjo

Thanks Magoo, I had seen that photo before on the forum but assumed it was seaweed, not the stone circles. How far are they away from Jandia Princess hotel?

Magoo

According to Google Earth,  929.09m 

From your beach gate that is

notdeadfred

Jimjo,

Finally got round to sorting out my photos. These links to my Flickr account will take you to some views of Esquinzo taken this year (March) and in May 2013.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/quinnalot/sets/72157651439181019/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/quinnalot/sets/72157633605446872/

Jimjo

Thanks Fred, thats really helpful