Auto Plus - Plus Cars

Started by Can the Man, May 02, 2015, 23:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can the Man

just back from a week in Caleta.

We had fiat qubo for 3 adults, and 2 kids incl. child seat and booster sseat at. Car was in great condition and plenty room, all for less than â,¬98 for the week.

One word of warning, the guy told me when I collected the car to make sure there was no sand in it when I was dropping it back, as they are now charging an additional fee if they have to clean sand from inside the car or the boot compartments.

Mark07

Did they give any indication what the additional charge might be?

paully

Sounds like maybe this is because as soon as it comes back off hire its immediately rented out again without visiting the depot..If this is the case, one wonders when the maintenance checks are carried out...hmmm
I HATE computer thingyss

paully

Quote from: paully on May 03, 2015, 12:36:20 PM
Sounds like maybe this is because as soon as it comes back off hire its immediately rented out again without visiting the depot..If this is the case, one wonders when the maintenance checks are carried out...hmmm

Update..I have just e mailed Autoplus and got an immediate reply, saying that cleaning of the car is always included in the price...I have no reason to doubt the OP so maybe best to pay them cash and not leave any contactable credit card details just in case
I HATE computer thingyss

decho

Car hires without sand on return in Fierteventura.......impossible!
I didn't realise just how much sand you gather up until I got my own car and had to clean the inside.
I guess the filling station with car wash  near the airport is going to kind of busy then?

Deso

I would suspect that some people have returned cars with half a beach in them, you know the ones, "Not my problem" sort of people.

Normally the threat of taking money suddenly returns their spirit of fair play and consideration.  ;D

Can, I've told you about tying your bucket and spades to your cases, it's a dead giveaway.   :D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Archer

I always shake the mats out and dust down the seats, but I'm NOT going to clean the car for them. If they add a additional charge for cleaning, then this will have to be factored in when comparing rates next time.
Let's hope it's just aimed at the few abusers.

MLA

I have always cleared the mats of sand and brushed down seats. However since my neighbour had a charge deducted from his credit card by Autoreisen, this is after leaving the Island, for cleaning the car, I have been more vigilant. I know that these are holiday rental cars, on a sandy island, and that you would expect some sand in a car after a holiday, but guessing how difficult it is to argue, and reclaim any deductions/penalties made by any foreign car rental company, it seems worth a few minutes clearing any excessive sand. I have, (touch wood), never had any problems.

Can the Man

I think most people seem to have hit on the same opinion as myself, it is probably a charge for excessive sand in the car, normal dirt levels can't be avoided, but if people are using the car to go to the b a huge and then throw sandy towels and buckets and spades, flip flops etc. into the ca then I think this is what the car hire companies are trying to avoid.

Mr Boo Boo

Quote from: archer101 on May 03, 2015, 15:30:39 PM
I always shake the mats out and dust down the seats, but I'm NOT going to clean the car for them. If they add a additional charge for cleaning, then this will have to be factored in when comparing rates next time.
Let's hope it's just aimed at the few abusers.

Yes I always do the same especially after a visit to the dunes..