Alternative to Feurteventure

Started by mickboy, May 03, 2015, 09:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickboy

Hi I would be interested to hear where others have gone on holiday too as an alternative to Fuerteventura.

I was looking at Formentera however flights etc are not that great.

Has anyone tried Majorca? There seems to be varied advice on the beaches of Majorca and would be interested in hearing your comments please.

Will196

When?

It seems to me the big advantage for Fuerteventura is the winter weather. Summer and even Spring or Autumn you'll have far more choice. Places in Spain,France or Greece. Depending on what you want even other countries.

spongebob squarepants

The thread I started some time ago entitled ' Where else to go ' further down the list contains some useful replies.

mickboy

Will 196 we are looking to similar to what we find in Corallejo, good places to eat, stay, spend time naked on the beach with freedom and no hassle. Not too far from Scotland so we are not on a flight for 4 hours or more.

notdeadfred

mickboy,

Did you get the PM I sent you about Formentera?  I've not heard from you since and I just noticed that there's no record of it in my Sent folder. Admin has raised the possibility yesterday of PM's not working properly for some members, so wondered if my reply had been affected?

There are several airlines offering Ibiza flights from Scotland between May and October. Don't think there's any outside of those months so definitely not a winter resort. We usually go with Thomson Flights as they have the most suitable flight times - I agree some of the other airline schedules arrive on Ibiza too late to be sure of catching the last ferry.

OK the flight is under your 4 hr preference, but of course you need another hour or two until you arrive on Formentera on the ferry. Althoug it doesn't have so much too offer as Corralejo seems to (never stayed there, always Jandia for us), I think Es Pujols would suit you - it does have a reasonable choice of restaurants and places to stay, with the go as you please beaches just round the corner.

(Apologies if I'm repeating myself!)

phantom72

Sa boadella beach near Lloret de mar 10 min walk from hotel h-top royal beach will be visiting again first week in September beach gets a little crowded but there is showers and a beach bar it's the best naturist beach I've been on

mickboy

Have booked Majorca so any info on decent naturist beaches would be welcome.