Applying for a school place while still living in uk

Started by CKFE, April 02, 2016, 12:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKFE

Hi we are planning on moving to fuerteventura at the end of august but are in a catch 22 position. We don't want to burn our bridges and move to Fuerteventura until we know for certain that our daughter has got a school place to start in September but it appears that we can't apply for a place unless we have residencia in fuerteventura. Can anyone give me advice please?

TamaraEnLaPlaya

I can't answer your question but it may be worth posting it on the Caleta forum as I believe the forum site owner is a teacher. Good luck!

SheilaW

I'm 99% certain you don't need to be registered as residents, with the green NIE  etc. Kids who live here, legally or illegally, have a right to attend school. In fact their parents will be in trouble if they don't send them, as it's the kid's right, not the parents'. But you will need to be on the Padron register. That gets money from Madrid for the local council so they don't tend to ask too many questions. Registering is done at the town hall (ayuntamiento). You're supposed to show house deeds or rental agreement but maybe that can be waived.