Advice desperately needed from fellow cat owners

Started by frankielee, May 01, 2016, 09:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankielee

Hi

We arrived here to start my new job 4 days ago and we relocated from London bringing with us our much loved dog and siamese cat.

Since we arrived, we have had 4 sleepless nights with the cat going crazy from 1 am till around 6 am, yowling, and literally jumping on Everything and basically not settling, in turn this is making us highly stressed starting our new work as our pressures from the move were intence as I am sure many of you know.

We are considering putting him in a pet hotel for a week or two till he calms down  and gets some routine although not sure if uprooting him constantly will have the adverse affect althogh at least we get some very much needed sleep, or alternatively, trying to rehome him to somewhere where he has more space and more attention, as he is an absolutely beautiful boy and unti :'(l we came here, my best friend and I spent the night in tears wondering what I could do to keep us all together , we are wondering if he doesn't like the place and we are constantly in fear of bothering the neighbours with his crying ...

The dog on the other hand has been nothing but an angel, although shattered like us from the cat

any advice gratefully accepted

Frankie

Jane L A

Not had any experience of this, but would a mild sedative from a vet help to calm him for a few days? He may then settle into your new home.

SheilaW

Oh dear, that sounds awful for all of you. We were far luckier as our cat thought the 3-day journey was just great and settled in immediately. Sedatives sound a good idea for nights. I expect he's frightened.

I can recommend Manohecha, which takes cats and dogs on opposite sides of theroad. Our cat refused to get in her basket to come home last visit.

frankielee

Thanks guys for the advice, I have got some sedative for him from the vet at Gran Tarajal,, they advised just a half tonight and a half tomorrow to try and establish some calm evening routine... its very upsetting as he is one of the family and we hate to see him like this ....lets se how tonight goes with the sedative, fingers and toes crossed xxx