Plus Car - Card Only

Started by TripleH, January 13, 2017, 16:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleH

We have always used Cabrera Median, Cicar or Payless for our hols. But after checking on here and lookin on the PlusCar website, there are good savings to be made for my next holiday. I emailed them with a few questions and they sent me their terms and conditions which states "Cash is not allowed". Anyone got any recent experience of this, as I read on here that they do take cash. Cheers

paully

As far as I`m aware its card only with Plus car. I hired from them last summer and they would not accept cash. They will happily accept a UK Debit card as well as Credit cards though
I HATE computer thingyss

bedouin

Handling cash is a nightmare for hire companies.  And inconvenient for most customers.  Using a card is quick and simple.

TripleH

Bedouin, I have never felt it inconvenient, myself, in the years I have used the Cabrera Medina Group to carry the cash, simply because of the horror stories you hear about some hire companies making charges after they have left the island. But when there is a difference of 100 Euros for a 25 day car hire, it does make me think.

bedouin

if bogus charges are made on a credit card, just report it to the card issuer, they'll refund it.

Can the Man

Quote from: bedouin on January 15, 2017, 22:44:41 PM
if bogus charges are made on a credit card, just report it to the card issuer, they'll refund it.

Very true, and I can say from positive experience with Autoplus/Pluscars for a number of years now, NEVER had a problem with what was charged to my credit card.

Magoo

Plus car do their transactions in the airport car park (Odd, but it works) so handing over large amounts of cash to the agent would be a security issue.  Used Plus car for our last three visits & have had no card related issues

TripleH

Thank you for your help. Just about to book plus car then I will cancel Cabrera. Cheers