PlusCars popularity

Started by KWC, January 25, 2017, 07:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KWC

Great to see the popularity of PlusCars as a favoured choice for so many and especially on here.
Result is they have absolutely no cars available for the first week in April (1-8th) when I checked twice last night.

They sent the first e-mail saying no cars available sorry.   Then I sent one back thinking they didn't have my particular car choice available and asked what did they have.  Reply: we have nothing at all!

That's the first time its happened to me with PlusCar especially when its outwith the Easter week(s) period.
I suppose I better get looking elsewhere and wondered if Payless are still a decent second best choice or is there another worthy over there?

Windermeregolfer

Morning KWC - over the last 15 months we have been perfectly happy with Top Car AutoReisen, used them 7 times no problems and I think their rates are fair and cars are in good condition, 3 have had less than 3k km on the clock.

KWC

Quote from: Windermeregolfer on January 25, 2017, 08:45:35 AM
Morning KWC - over the last 15 months we been perfectly happy with Top Car AutoReisen, used them 7 times no problems and fair rates and cars good in condition 3 have had less than 3k km on the clock.

Thanks Wg I will check these out this evening.  ;)

Can the Man

Hi Kenny, try Auto Reisen as John has suggested, or Payless. I think with Easter it will be difficult but you should keep checking Auto plus because you never know there might be cancellations nearer the date.

I have gone with Payless for February an i10 for 4 days but with Plus Car for March which is 10 days for 4 people so a Fiat Qubo is selected.

KWC

Hi Can how you doing mate?

Thanks for the advise guys.  I managed to get a polo for 111 Euros through Payless.
Just a Bit more expensive than last year but not unexpected I suppose.

Some of the others are a lot more expensive, so Payless got the business.
;)

F1REFLY999

Hi Kenny...just booked 2 weeks with Pluscar and they quoted me the cheapest price I have ever had.

We confirm your booking for Polo or similar at following
dates: 29/04 till 13/05 The total price is: 139.72 Euros
(included: insurance, taxes and unlimited mileage)

I'm paying â,¬207 with them for 15 days in February...â,¬185 for 15 days in September....their pricing policy doesn't make any sense.
La luciérnaga

Please visit www.costacaleta.co.uk

paully

I`ve just booked a Clio with them,for 15 days from 21/4 for E160..They dropped their prices, by 20euros for this time of the year about a week ago. This model is 10 euro more than the others in its class but reasonable to assume they are all new to the fleet. They did it with the Smart car and it was almost new when we got it.
I HATE computer thingyss

KWC

Glad to see they have cars for you guys to suit your holiday dates, and some very good prices too, as per usual when compared to others.

I must have been unlucky with my dates.
Happy I got a motor sorted out in the end though.

Can the Man

Quote from: KWC on February 01, 2017, 09:00:03 AM
Glad to see they have cars for you guys to suit your holiday dates, and some very good prices too, as per usual when compared to others.

Have a great holiday Kenny, we might get to meet up at some stage in the future.

KWC

Quote from: Can the Man on February 02, 2017, 00:37:47 AM
Quote from: KWC on February 01, 2017, 09:00:03 AM

Have a great holiday Kenny, we might get to meet up at some stage in the future.

Thanks Can that would be great if we could have a glass of something nice, some day.

Magoo

PHo

Can the Man

F1REFLY999

La luciérnaga

Please visit www.costacaleta.co.uk

Johnrgby2

Magoo

As can be seen, most people who have the slightest knowledge of Fuerteventura, know to avoid this company like the plague. However, on our last trip, we stopped off for breakfast on one of our usual island jaunts.  There was a family in the cafe who asked the proprietor if she could recommend a car hire company as the weather was unsettled, ruling out the beach.  I could not believe it when she said "Lots of people use Orlando".  This may have been true, but the guy was after a recommendation, not a nightmare . Lots of people go swimming on the West coast and drown, would she recommend that?

Luckily I bumped into the guy outside and put him straight also gave him a couple of places to visit. Most people learn the hard way about Orlando, myself included. Why deliberately steer someone into their clutches and leave a nasty taste in the mouth of a tourist who may never return because of it?

spitfire58

Quote from: Magoo on February 09, 2017, 09:37:16 AM
As can be seen, most people who have the slightest knowledge of Fuerteventura, know to avoid this company like the plague. However, on our last trip, we stopped off for breakfast on one of our usual island jaunts.  There was a family in the cafe who asked the proprietor if she could recommend a car hire company as the weather was unsettled, ruling out the beach.  I could not believe it when she said "Lots of people use Orlando".  This may have been true, but the guy was after a recommendation, not a nightmare . Lots of people go swimming on the West coast and drown, would she recommend that?

Luckily I bumped into the guy outside and put him straight also gave him a couple of places to visit. Most people learn the hard way about Orlando, myself included. Why deliberately steer someone into their clutches and leave a nasty taste in the mouth of a tourist who may never return because of it?

Taking all comments on board, I have used a few companies in the past including Goldcar & Orlando. Usually only once per (do a search & go for the cheapest at the time) Goldcar charged me 40â,¬ for God knows what, which was to be refunded but never was !! So NEVER again !! Orlando gave me a crock which wouldn't start but it was replaced right away & no further probs so jury is out on them !! Just my opinions !!

decho

Whilst Pluscar would always be my choice for car hire, for those who have not booked before please be aware of this. When you book you will get an initial email from them confirming they have received your request and will contact you soon with confirmation of availability and cost. However, it would appear that if there are no cars available they do not always inform you...so you think you have made a booking but you have NOT. So, always look for the confirmation email which is normally sent out very soon after the initial email with a reference number and confirmation of your booking. I know several people who have been caught out by this.

Can the Man

Quote from: decho on February 15, 2017, 07:54:53 AM
Whilst Pluscar would always be my choice for car hire, for those who have not booked before please be aware of this. When you book you will get an initial email from them confirming they have received your request and will contact you soon with confirmation of availability and cost. However, it would appear that if there are no cars available they do not always inform you...so you think you have made a booking but you have NOT. So, always look for the confirmation email which is normally sent out very soon after the initial email with a reference number and confirmation of your booking. I know several people who have been caught out by this.

Delhi is so correct here, this happened me a few years ago.

I alternate my car hire between Autoplus and Payless, just back from a weekend in Fuerteventura and I hired from Payless this time, I picked up a Fiata Panda 4x4 on Friday at 18.00hrs and dropped back at 17.00hrs on Monday for the sum total of â,¬57.50  8)  8)  8)

portseven

Just booked with Plus car based on recommendations here, seems to good to be true?

Is the price really all in?

Based on the instructions we got for meeting at the airport it seems more efficient than the others where we had to wait for ages in a queue in the terminal.

jaynek65

Quote from: portseven on March 10, 2017, 09:41:30 AM
Just booked with Plus car based on recommendations here, seems to good to be true?

Based on the instructions we got for meeting at the airport it seems more efficient than the others where we had to wait for ages in a queue in the terminal.

Personally have never had to pay a euro over the price quoted. Collect the car from Car Park, pay by credit card ( We use a currency card and only put on the card enough funds to cover the cost of hire, that way they can't take anything more which some companies do !)  Perfect service and wouldn't use anyone else.

janandpaul

hi, I agree with the last two posts, we have used pluscar four times now, no prob at all, always there to greet you, cars ok, does the job,  after all we are not on the island to drive all day, just move from A to B. book online, reply quite quick, what more do you need.

any one on the island in july.  8)

Can the Man

Quote from: portseven on March 10, 2017, 09:41:30 AM

Yes it is true, excellent company, enjoy your driving.

Can the Man

Just back from another visit with a plus car hire, 10 day, â,¬118 for a fiat Qubo excellent car, only downside now is the popularity of plus car means a delay of 10-15 mins collecting your car.  >:(

paully

Still quicker than the Goldcar Queue Can  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I HATE computer thingyss

Can the Man

Quote from: paully on March 28, 2017, 18:55:43 PM
Still quicker than the Goldcar Queue Can  ;D ;D ;D ;D

That's for certain Paully, once bitten.........never again with Gold Car

djk99

Yes, I've had a few 'no cars available' replies from Pluscar recently - a victim of their own success perhaps?  Perhaps it's a downside of the way they operate, i.e. from the public car park. It may be difficult to attend to a high number of customers without the on site infrastructure the more traditional rental companies have.

Can the Man

Quote from: djk99 on April 17, 2017, 19:27:41 PM
Yes, I've had a few 'no cars available' replies from Pluscar recently - a victim of their own success perhaps?  Perhaps it's a downside of the way they operate, i.e. from the public car park. It may be difficult to attend to a high number of customers without the on site infrastructure the more traditional rental companies have.

Not the case, as they are only over the bridge and they bring down cars as they need them. I think it's more a case of success and popularity. Suggest that you try Payless.es as an alternative.

KWC

I had to try an alternative as per my original thread starter and ended up with Payless. Equally as good and slick as pluscar. Similar waiting time as no Qs.
Cars a bit more expensive but not by much, and a slightly better quality car.

So Payless are a very good back up to PlusCar going by my experiences.

Oh and Payless have the mandatory Hi Viz waistcoat in the glove compartment.
Yet to get one supplied by PlusCar tbh and have to take my own when renting from PlusCar

paully

collecting mine from Pluscar on Friday, I`ll keep you all posted. Agree about Payless though
I HATE computer thingyss