Internet

Started by cdm82, February 25, 2017, 15:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdm82

Hi, we own a property on the island (Caleta) but can only visit at the moment . Looking to to have internet however due to not being permanant find it expensive to sign up to contract. I have used canarynet on occassion however find this really unreliable . Can anyone suggest a way to get cost effective internet when we are at the property , thanks in advance
cdmccarthy

Windermeregolfer

Hi cdm82

Not sure where in Caleta you are, we are on the new development on Fuerteventura Golf and use Fuerte Wifi which we switch on for when we are there, book it online for the day we arrive and it gets switched off the day after we depart suits us down to the ground. 10mb now available so plenty for TV and devices

http://fuertewifi.com

Contact is David

F1REFLY999

Totally agree with WMG Fuertewifi have been excellent over the years!
La luciérnaga

Please visit www.costacaleta.co.uk

fuerte crazy

Yep, we're also on the Golf Course and Fuerte Wifi is our supplier.  David and the gang are so helpful and as said by WG, you just book it and pay online giving 48hrs notice. You get an email when its activated.
  We go for the 6mb as we don't have internet TV and its enough for us.  We did struggle with the 4mb to be honest but 6mb is great.

cdm82

Quote from: fuerte crazy on March 02, 2017, 12:38:05 PM
Yep, we're also on the Golf Course and Fuerte Wifi is our supplier.  David and the gang are so helpful and as said by WG, you just book it and pay online giving 48hrs notice. You get an email when its activated.
  We go for the 6mb as we don't have internet TV and its enough for us.  We did struggle with the 4mb to be honest but 6mb is great.

Thanks, are there up front costs , and if you did want internet tv what mb would you need. Dont really understand all this mb business , so any help here would be good. I would quite like internet TV however main reason is to have access to internet like at home with BT 
cdmccarthy

Johnrgby2

Quote from: cdm82 on March 03, 2017, 14:53:13 PM
Quote from: fuerte crazy on March 02, 2017, 12:38:05 PM

Thanks, are there up front costs , and if you did want internet tv what mb would you need. Dont really understand all this mb business , so any help here would be good. I would quite like internet TV however main reason is to have access to internet like at home with BT

I have between 8/9 Mbps and that is sufficient to run a desk top computer TV managements Kindle, and assorted Ipads that arrive from time to time.

caza

Hi cdm82,

We also use Fuerte wifi. 
But every time we come out which is basically every 4 wks , we have trouble  and need to call into the office , which is frustrating !!

4 wks ago when I was out alone , it took 3 days to sort it out !

I took photos , etc showed him what it said on tv , photos of router etc and he kept fobbing me off   
David was rude and wouldn't listen to my issues , which we haven't experienced in the past .
No apology or 3 days reduction .

Last week when we were out my husband measured the strength , we pay for 6Gb and received 2.6 Gb

Not on !
We are looking into having moviestar , as we have mentioned our issues with expats  and  they don't have anything favourable to say about fuertewifi

caza

Sorry ,
It should say MB Not GB !!

cdm82

Quote from: caza on March 06, 2017, 23:12:31 PM
Hi cdm82,

We also use Fuerte wifi. 
But every time we come out which is basically every 4 wks , we have trouble  and need to call into the office , which is frustrating !!

4 wks ago when I was out alone , it took 3 days to sort it out !

I took photos , etc showed him what it said on tv , photos of router etc and he kept fobbing me off   
David was rude and wouldn't listen to my issues , which we haven't experienced in the past .

No apology or 3 days reduction .

Last week when we were out my husband measured the strength , we pay for 6Gb and received 2.6 Gb

Not on !
We are looking into having moviestar , as we have mentioned our issues with expats  and  they don't have anything favourable to say about fuertewifi

Thanks Caza ,

Glad you posted your experience as we are not far from you and would probably have the same problem . Can you let me know how you get on with the package you are thinking of as like you we will be visiting more often once works all up and done.

Hope your place is looking good now
cdmccarthy

Mr G

We also use Fuerte wifi. For internet browsing there are usually no problems. If you want to use the internet for TV however, you may experience problems.
With Netflix, YouTube or  Kodi movie streams, even at  2.6 MBs
you would have no problem. We don't in the 5 months a year we use them.
However with Filmon and Mobdro which are free you get what you pay for, freezing etc. at times.
This is their problem not the internet provider. Our neighbour has a landline connection and it still freezes.
David provides Internet not tv services. Even in UK with BT infinity my speed is often less than half of what they say I should be able to get. Whatever you buy will be the max. possible not the norm.
I have been in his office when people complain about poor tv and he always tells his clients there is nothing he can do as he only provides internet. And some clients despite him coming out to show how to set it up don't listen or understand. They expect it to be like a conventional TV set, flicking thru channels.
Never had anything but polite and excellent service from David and Cinzia.

cdm82

Hi,

We are on chipmonk and wondered if anyone else had used the Fuerte wifi up there and what their experience was .

Thanks
cdmccarthy

Mr G

Yes, we are up the mountain, you will need a receiver and router. They will supply and fit, can't remember what it cost.. I'm sure David can give you an up to date price and any advice.
fuertewifi.com

Windermeregolfer

Quote from: Mr G on March 07, 2017, 17:52:51 PM
Yes, we are up the mountain, you will need a receiver and router. They will supply and fit, can't remember what it cost.. I'm sure David can give you an up to date price and any advice.
fuertewifi.com

Our installation cost 120â,¬

cdm82

Quote from: Mr G on March 07, 2017, 17:52:51 PM
fuertewifi.com

Hi, do you have any problems with Fuerte wifi
cdmccarthy

Mr G

See my post above, internet is fine, TV may have problems but is generally ok , with occasional buffering using Filmon and Mobdro

caza

We have no problem with tv ,
It's always says No wifi connection !!
Like I say every time we come out , we have this frustrating problem !

Tunefootball

Hi Caza.    I have been with Fuerte wi-Fi for around 4 years now and I wonder if you have the same issue as I had. For the first two years it wasn't too bad , but then on each holiday the connection was getting worse and unreliable. After many complaints, re-booting, David changing channel frequency etc . I think the issue as finally been resolved.   The engineer came to the apartment and changed the router settings and we have had no problems since.   Apparently, the installation process as changed due to the expansion of the company and the old format is unstable and no longer used.   Prior to the reconfiguration I would have to log into my wi-Fi with a password on each holiday to re-connect.   Now , no password is required and once the router passcode as been entered onto the relevant I Pad, phone etc for the first time , the equipment will auto join just as it does in the UK, pubs etc..

caza

Hi Tunefootball ,
Thanks for your reply !
We've been with fuertewifi since May !
This is the 1 st time we haven't had an issue , perhaps it's because we have payed for 1 months wifi ( and been out twice within the month ) ???

Hopefully all has been resolved !

Thanks