Artisan Fair Antigua

Started by Johnrgby2, May 13, 2017, 09:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnrgby2

Pleasant enough experience, although a little all much of a muchness, For me been once no need to go again, but each to their own.

emmi

I always go as I am interested in artisan things and there's always different things each year.  Think it may be more a "girls" thing though as my husband gets a bit bored.  The atmosphere is lovely and the stall holders are very friendly. I am off there today without husband trailing behind me yawning!!.

Snowdrop

I thought it was very good and very reasonable prices - though there was a very funky mirror in metal costing just under 2,500 euro 😂 so would hate to guess price of gorgeous metal love seat next to it. But definitely worth visiting and will definitely go again next year.

Archer

Yes, but not only about crafts & things, also performances by various musical groups from schools. Some very good performances last time we went. Mainly in the evening.
Also, some of the refreshment stands are run by local village groups to raise money for trips for their local children. A brilliant way to fund cultural trips abroad, for those children who cannot afford it. Most of the staff are volunteers repaying the 'debt' for the childhood trips they had. Please support them.