Moderating

Started by concerned cat, October 24, 2017, 20:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

concerned cat

Hi folks. Rather than give the imbecile the satisfaction of commenting on his out of place post, can we discuss things here please? I reported the post to the moderator this morning to no avail. What can we do?

spitfire58

Hi cc,
As I said already on that thread. The reporting to the mod gets nowhere, there isn`t one. As far as I know for some reason there can`t be one appointed either, not sure why, just from comments at other times. Would be very helpful though for unwanted posts like that & even other posters only ever seem to cause agro. 😁😁

brizzle

I was one of a number of moderators for a time on a different forum using this same brand of software (SMF) but I didn't enjoy it and so revoked my moderator status. AFAIK only an administrator can assign moderator privileges to a user account. There is only one administrator of this forum who hasn't logged on for 6 weeks. I can't see any reason why they cannot grant moderator priveleges, so I guess they have purposely made a choice that they want to be the only one in control, or not as it may seem.

el caballo hambriento

I too have reported things to the Administrator but nothing gets done.  Can't understand why Admin logs in now and again without taling some action about this site; not abandoned it completely.

spitfire58

Did you know that in your profile settings you have a “block list” this is not as an alternative to a mod but failing all else means at least you don`t need to read or even see undesirable posts from particular people. HTH

concerned cat

Thanks S58. That might help my blood pressure!!

jill tie

The only way with someone like that is to completely ignore them.  He does it for a reaction so don't indulge him.