Author Topic: May be of Intrest  (Read 879 times)

Offline dagwood

May be of Intrest
« on: January 22, 2018, 19:04:25 pm »
Ryanair, Europe’s favourite airline, today (18 Jan) confirmed that all 15 of its UK pilot bases – including London Stansted which had previously rejected an improved pay deal – have now voted in secret ballot to accept pay increases of up to 20% and these increases will be paid next week in the January payroll.  These increases bring Ryanair’s pilot pay in the UK to 20% more than competitor 737 operators (Norwegian and Jet2).

Ryanair is continuing its recognition discussions with BALPA, the UK pilot union, but had agreed with BALPA that these pay increases should not be delayed by these recognition negotiations, which are proceeding quickly.  Ryanair and BALPA agreed to offer these pay increases to the 6 out of 15 UK bases (including Stansted) which had not previously accepted them.

The majority of Ryanair’s pilots in Ireland have already agreed to these pay increases voting in secret ballot at the Cork and Shannon bases, and a majority of pilots in Dublin who are contractors or new joiners have already agreed  them.  Ryanair had asked the remaining Dublin pilots to vote on this large pay increase on or before 17th January so that they could be paid in next week’s January payroll.  Ryanair is disappointed that no such vote was organised among the remaining 35% of Dublin pilots who will now not receive this pay increase in the January payroll.

Ryanair is continuing to negotiate with FORSA and its Ryanair Irish Pilots Council, but these discussions are progressing slowly.  Ryanair will continue to communicate with the 35% of Dublin pilots who have yet to accept this substantial pay increase which, if accepted, can be included in the February payroll and will take them to 20% higher pay than Norwegian 737 pilots in Dublin.

Offline vivafuerte

Re: May be of Intrest
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 20:02:53 pm »
o yes I remember we had a little chat about this, I said the horrible little hate gnome in charge would have to listen to the unions by law or he will get put in jil, you said he would never back down as hes your god.

this should be re written to tell the truth

worst airline in the world is forced to negotiate with staff after mistreating them illegally and bullying them with illegal threats.

did I tell you last time I flew with ryanair I got flea bites all over my legs ?

ive flown on african airlines that are not even allowed to fly in europe and never seen worse than ryanair.

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 22:58:52 pm »
o yes I remember we had a little chat about this, I said the horrible little hate gnome in charge would have to listen to the unions by law or he will get put in jil, you said he would never back down as hes your god.

worst airline in the world is forced to negotiate with staff after mistreating them illegally and bullying them with illegal threats.

did I tell you last time I flew with ryanair I got flea bites all over my legs ?

ive flown on african airlines that are not even allowed to fly in europe and never seen worse than ryanair.

Have to say I disagree with you completely VF. I don’t like the way RA try & shoehorn their passengers into all the little “addons” that make their billions but outside of that they are one of the best airlines in terms of quality of service & quality of aircraft. They have one of the newest fleets in Europe. Never had a problem with them in terms of flight or punctuality & doubt I ever will !!

Offline F1REFLY999

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 08:59:56 am »

Have to say I disagree with you completely VF. I don’t like the way RA try & shoehorn their passengers into all the little “addons” that make their billions but outside of that they are one of the best airlines in terms of quality of service & quality of aircraft. They have one of the newest fleets in Europe. Never had a problem with them in terms of flight or punctuality & doubt I ever will !!

Totally agree Ron

Offline Will196

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 10:20:31 am »
Did they get job guarantees? If not all that means is long term Ryanair will have less British crews.

Last year they took the French government to court over non French crews. Ryanair was using a large number of eastern EU and I think Irish crews. Paying them non French wages and benefits. All this in spite of the fact many spent 10 plus months in France.

The EU court of justice ruled France was out of order expecting companies to pay workers working in France according to French labour laws.

I remember my  last flight out of Spain. The cabin crew all came from Eastern Europe. The flight was 50% Spanish,40% Italian the rest mixed Rough guess. None of the cabin crew spoke Spanish or Italian.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 15:10:10 pm »
In the words of MOL "We fly to and have customers in every country in Europe and therefore give employment everywhere we have a base"
Don't be surprised by Irish crews as its a 100% Irish airline.
Was it Del Boy who said " Spain's ok except for the bleeding foreigner's"?   

Offline paully

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 16:38:51 pm »
No Dagwood ,he uses a lot of East European crew, firstly they are much cheaper than Irish and they accept that there isn`t any union recognition. Suppose it hasn`t been a tradition there, unlike say Ireland eh

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 12:12:17 pm »
fleas! more of them!

https://avherald.com/h?article=455928d3&opt=0

looks like I wasnt the only one!

Offline dagwood

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 12:27:17 pm »
Somebody else with a bad dose of the crabs 🦀 probably coming from a bunga bunga party 🎈

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 12:28:26 pm »

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 12:28:55 pm »
jeez this is unreal, even ryanair admit they have a problem > https://www.aol.co.uk/travel/2012/09/09/ryanair-plane-disinfected-after-insect-bites/

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 12:38:06 pm »
another guy here saying he got bit by fleas on a ryanair flight, I might have to make a seperate thread for all these

https://www.wee weeing/topic.asp?h=0&f=141&t=610946&i=40

Offline dagwood

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 12:45:26 pm »
It happens

A FATHER-of-two had a nightmare start to a family holiday - when he left his delayed British Airways flight covered in a HUNDRED bites.
PUBLISHED: 13:14, Fri, Sep 23, 2016
UPDATED: 13:22, Fri, Sep 23, 2016
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+Share with EmailShare via Whatsapp
Paul Standerwick, 36, was looking forward to a break in America, but instead he arrived at his hotel room covered in dozens of itchy, infected bites the size of 50 pence pieces.

He, wife Maribel, sons Frankie, five, and two-year-old Hector had already been hit by a 24-hour delay.

But when their flight finally took off from Heathrow for Boston, Mr Standerwick was attacked repeatedly by the parasites.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 13:11:12 pm »
As usual caused by the British

BRITAIN faces a flea plague in this summer’s hot weather.

By Matthew Young
00.06, 25 Jun 2014 UPDATED 09.09, 10 Sep 2014
It could be a nightmare for people who suffer allergic reactions to bites, causing their skin to blister.

The mild winter and spring followed by the heat has paved the way for an explosion in the population of the insects.

Richard Moseley, of the British Pest Control Association, said: “Milder winters have seen flea populations rise over recent years. The risk of infestation will only increase in the warmer months
A single adult female lays 50 eggs a day for up to 10 days starting a reproduction cycle that results in a massive 7.15billion fleas in just two months.
“The risk of infestation will only increase in the warmer months”

Richard Moseley, British Pest Control Association

The disease-ridden insects sleep for much of the year in carpets and sofas if there is no big freeze to kill them off.

But the humid weather will now see them spring into action.

A study by pest control experts Advantage and the European Scientific Counsel Companion for Animal Parasites predicted a population explosion.

Parasite expert Ian Wright of ESCCAP said: “Once a home is infested, it can be difficult to treat and a quick vacuum won’t eradicate

Copyright ©2018 Express Newspapers.
Cookies Policy
Privacy Policy
Syndication and Licensing
Terms & Conditions

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 13:14:41 pm »
It happens

A FATHER-of-two had a nightmare start to a family holiday - when he left his delayed British Airways flight covered in a HUNDRED bites.
PUBLISHED: 13:14, Fri, Sep 23, 2016
UPDATED: 13:22, Fri, Sep 23, 2016

If the point you are making is it does not only happen on Dire Air, that is a given surely,
Fleas, ticks and other parasites do not wander around Airports until they find a Dire Air aircraft, and suddenly say, "ok Guys, this is the one we need to infest they are a sh*t company let,s give them some grief " :D ::)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 13:17:47 pm by Johnrgby2 »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 13:57:01 pm »
Well John boy maybe you should inform Viva or what ever it calls itself.
I just know there’s no Fleas on Monarch.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 14:20:59 pm »

:D :D which monarch

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 14:32:10 pm »
it is hilairious how our resident gnome gets offended when someone says anything negative about that dirty scumbag airline

Offline dagwood

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 17:57:35 pm »

:D :D which monarch
Avery good question, Fleas by appointment to HRH ?