Author Topic: Recent Corralejo Visit  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Tamkid

Recent Corralejo Visit
« on: May 04, 2018, 20:47:48 pm »
Just came back from a great week a Corralejo. It was bliss to drive on empty excellent pot hole free roads again, clean streets, brilliant customer service in the bars and cafes, the prices if anything have went down even in the hotel I was staying, a pint and a large glass of plonk 7 euros, even cheaper in some if the town bars. I visited friends on Tamaragua and had a bit of a dodgy drive on the new road system, at least its progress and things are moving in the right direction, its a shame the commercial area of Tam hasn't, but the estate is looking good.

The weather was glorious, and the place was booming, really impressed with the drive of the powers that be in making things happen, I'm still glad I sold up but I have fell back in love with the place and will be back again soon. If your out there and need a haircut, try the hairdressers under the Barcello Bay, great lads, take their time and at a very reasonable rate.

Only negative side for me was the English Bars, the first one I went into just along from the Barcello Bay you had to wipe your feet when you came out, it was minging as was the barman, lank creasy hair and
filthy clothes, the next one wasn't much better. It could be an age thing with me, as a once regular of the old Staples Bar and the Alpha Bar, who am I to talk. They just stood out as relics of the past and refuse to move with the times, lots of fat beer bellied people sitting outside swigging pints at ten in the morning amongst the smell of the full English.

Offline paully

Re: Recent Corralejo Visit
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 22:16:39 pm »
Glad you enjoyed it  8) we are out next Tuesday for 2 weeks.Glad the weather was reasonable..I know the bars you mean, in that parade of shops by the Jaipur..Not normally on our routes so will make sure we don`t bother changing them either...nothing worse than lobster red, overweight Brits slugging pints with plates of greasy spoon at 10 in the morning :o

Offline bedouin

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 23:38:44 pm »
... lots of fat beer bellied people sitting outside swigging pints at ten in the morning amongst the smell of the full English.

Isn't that the essence of Corralejo?

Online vivafuerte

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 00:01:00 am »
... lots of fat beer bellied people sitting outside swigging pints at ten in the morning amongst the smell of the full English.

I thought that was caletta ?

Online erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 08:34:01 am »

It's the main reason we locked up a good month ago and left Fuerteventura for good. Or at least as long as the scum are so predominant.

Offline paully

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 10:21:11 am »

Oh you are such a snob, just because you don`t want to go there..A true story from last year..on a short walk from Infiniti Apartments to the Campanario centre (which is not far)..I was asked for directions by someone Spanish, did me best next one up was English and at the Centre a car stopped and a French Family asked for where the Artisanal market was..French was no problem and off they went, to be asked by a group of Italian ladies and their kids for the way to the beach..to top it off in the afternoon I was able to assist 2 Russian ladies in the Mercadona..

So no that`s far from Corralejo these days, but hey don`t let your prejudices get in the way of a good rant  :P
That includes Erik as well
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 10:30:47 am by paully »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 10:48:05 am »

It's the main reason we locked up a good month ago and left Fuerteventura for good. Or at least as long as the scum are so predominant.

There are far more tourists now of all descriptions...and that includes your so called scum.

Out of interest Just where do you intend to go that is scum free?

Can't say I've noticed too much difference in the standard of tourist in Corralejo from 15 years ago. Always get a few numptys, but always in a minority. I think you left for reasons other than that if the truth be told.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 10:52:31 am by Ivemovedon »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 11:25:57 am »
Let’s get the beer bike  🚲  and the buggy’s up and running. First customers up would be the pint swilling lobster red pot bellied  brits after happy hour. Why not have a few electric bikes added to the mix.
Then Tamkid would have fun finding his way around the new road system
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 11:29:29 am by dagwood »

Offline paully

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 11:34:26 am »
Dagwood....you need the lay down in a darkened room mate....you`ve got Caleta confused with Corralejo  ;D ;D

Online erik_tonny

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 12:34:11 pm »

That indeed is becoming a problem.
Flying has become too cheap (they expect twice the amount of air travellers within the next 12 years)
All inclusive trips are now a dime a dozen.
There a more and more tourists with an other background, education, manners, culture etc etc.

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 12:41:27 pm »
It only costs the price of a bar of soap and a bottle of shampoo to keep clean, I am not exaggerating when I say the bar staff in two of the English Bars were absolutely minging, unwashed appearance with filthy clothes. The authorities should have a certain standard set and enforced that bars and staff must meet, you don't have to be a snob to expect the bar and the staff to be clean. None of the English bars as far as I could see have been upgraded for at least six years, maybe longer, the only attraction they have is the telly and each other.

Offline bedouin

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 12:47:34 pm »

Oh you are such a snob, just because you don`t want to go there..

Totally wrong, I've just had a week in Corralejo.

Offline paully

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018, 13:07:17 pm »
Good man, then you`ll know its very cosmopolitan or maybe you just didnt go out much  ;D

Online erik_tonny

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2018, 13:12:59 pm »
Can't say I've noticed too much difference in the standard of tourist in Corralejo from 15 years ago. Always get a few numptys, but always in a minority. I think you left for reasons other than that if the truth be told.
The amount of tourists has doubled the last year or two and the standard has really changed.
Not only the british with their tattoos but also the fortune seeking italians, the dutch who think they own the place and our new west european friends.

You are right, there are also other reasons why we left. One is the general poverty of the island; no decent quality clothes, groceries, electronics, glasses, furniture, cultural events, etc etc. It is like being on a very long camping trip.

An other reason is the health care, or actually the absence of decent health care. Getting older this is  becoming a very important issue. When we discussed this with several docters on Fuerteventura they all supported our discision.

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2018, 13:20:24 pm »
One is the general poverty of the island; no decent quality clothes, groceries, electronics, glasses, furniture, cultural events, etc etc. It is like being on a very long camping trip.

Cant say I see this in the slightest.
Yes there is poverty, same as anywhere else but no worse IMO.
As for clothes groceries etc. Everything we could want is available on the island as much as anywhere else !! As for fresh food, the choice & quality is as good if not better& generally cheaper.
I would love to be in a position to live there full time TBH

Online erik_tonny

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2018, 13:34:42 pm »
One is the general poverty of the island; no decent quality clothes, groceries, electronics, glasses, furniture, cultural events, etc etc. It is like being on a very long camping trip.

As for clothes groceries etc. Everything we could want is available on the island as much as anywhere else !! As for fresh food, the choice & quality is as good if not better& generally cheaper.

I'm not referring to personal poverty but to the general standard of living.
Everybody can have their own qualifications. Guess that is determined by what you are used to

Offline dagwood

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2018, 13:47:04 pm »
Dagwood....you need the lay down in a darkened room mate....you`ve got Caleta confused with Corralejo  ;D ;D

Don’t think so. No beer bike proposed for Caleta. You should visit us sometime.

Online vivafuerte

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2018, 13:59:16 pm »
erik is smart, moves to a tourist area = complains about tourists.

leaves

why not go a bit further south ? you wont find many tourists in villages to the west of the island and you will get alot more for your money.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2018, 14:07:49 pm »
 Is this a practice run for after Brexit UK.

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2018, 14:29:21 pm »

I'm not referring to personal poverty but to the general standard of living.
Everybody can have their own qualifications. Guess that is determined by what you are used to

Neither was I.
I would think it likely I have as good a standard of living as the next person. I think you need to work on your superiority complex a bit. It is giving you false impressionions of your own worth

Offline dagwood

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2018, 14:46:00 pm »
I’m worth feck all but I’m happy and in good health.

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2018, 14:56:46 pm »
I think you lads need a holiday

Online vivafuerte

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2018, 15:37:04 pm »
Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit

give it a rest grandad you are beyond boring.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2018, 15:52:44 pm »
Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit Brexit

give it a rest grandad you are beyond boring.

I always knew you had a well exercised right hand.
Is Brexit something you don’t wish to speak about ?

Online vivafuerte

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2018, 17:19:11 pm »

the only people still crying about brexit didnt get a vote

we get it

you will personally feel the financial pain of us no longer funding your share of the EU fee's we understand, we dont need reminding like a stuck record, we know, your upset, we dont care, go cry in a dark room or something.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2018, 18:04:47 pm »
That’s correct I will cost every E.U. citizen €20 per year. Well worth it.

Offline malabu

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2018, 18:15:29 pm »

There are far more tourists now of all descriptions...and that includes your so called scum.

So do agree, i think there are other reasons for leaving, and yes where do we go to be scum free, may be somewhere in the uk, i don't think so
 :-X :-X

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2018, 18:36:56 pm »
Someone mentioned earlier about the mixture of cultures and nationalities in Corralejo who seem to all get on, I agree whole heartedly, that's what gives the place its special atmosphere. The one thing I have noticed over the many years of living and visiting the Island is the only bars that don't seem to have a regular mixture of cultures and nationalities is the British Bars, why is that? can anyone enlighten me?

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2018, 18:56:18 pm »
Other nationalities aren't too fussed on Eastenders and draught London Pride.

Offline Charlie dont surf

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2018, 19:28:15 pm »
Each to their own but Corralejo attracts and will always attract the same type of person. Those looking for a cheap holiday, cheap booze, cheap cigarettes, cheap entertainment, yeah, generally anything cheap. And if you are British, any excuse to take your shirt off and walk down the main drag. If I ever had to go there i always breathed a sigh of relief when I was on the way out. If Corralejo (or Caleta) rocks your boat then that's great as it keeps you away from the nicer places on the island.