Author Topic: Recent Corralejo Visit  (Read 3806 times)

Offline dagwood

Re: Recent Corralejo Visit
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2018, 19:30:29 pm »
Other nationalities aren't too fussed on Eastenders and draught London Pride.

And a few pints 🍺 in the bluebottle inn

Offline suendrob

• One Beautiful Island to Another
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2018, 19:58:52 pm »
Each to their own but Corralejo attracts and will always attract the same type of person. Those looking for a cheap holiday, cheap booze, cheap cigarettes, cheap entertainment, yeah, generally anything cheap. And if you are British, any excuse to take your shirt off and walk down the main drag. If I ever had to go there i always breathed a sigh of relief when I was on the way out. If Corralejo (or Caleta) rocks your boat then that's great as it keeps you away from the nicer places on the island.
So where are the nicer places on the Island? We'll make a point of visiting them this October

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2018, 20:33:50 pm »
Sorry but I ( and the wife ) quite like Corralejo. Enough to still go there fairly regularly after selling up a few years ago. Stay at a great little hotel called the Avanti right in the heart of the town, with a lovely restaurant and very nice staff, Bit of something for everyone in good old Corrie, nice little harbour , English bars, continental bars, restaurants of all descriptions, pretty good shopping if you so fancy, nice little local beach....what's not to like?. I reckon the accusation of scum on the streets is a way over the top criticism and is only leveled by someone who appears very bitter about the place for some reason. Get a car and visit Lajares and El Cotillo a stones throw away...both places well worth a visit. Yep I suppose i am biased, but when we were buying we looked deeply into Caleta as well as Corralejo. The compromise was being in a great village not far from Corralejo. We still visit Caleta and Jandia but are always glad to get back to dear old Corrie.

If we ever thought of buying again , much as we like Corralejo, it would be Grand Tarajal for us. Love the place.

Offline bedouin

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2018, 21:10:38 pm »

So where are the nicer places on the Island? We'll make a point of visiting them this October

Anywhere south of Costa Calma.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2018, 21:57:49 pm »
If you like beaches and Germans...

Offline dagwood

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2018, 22:29:40 pm »
Beaches and Germans ? A bit of history there.

Offline Charlie dont surf

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2018, 22:54:40 pm »
Sorry but I ( and the wife ) quite like Corralejo. Enough to still go there fairly regularly after selling up a few years ago. Stay at a great little hotel called the Avanti right in the heart of the town, with a lovely restaurant and very nice staff, Bit of something for everyone in good old Corrie, nice little harbour , English bars, continental bars, restaurants of all descriptions, pretty good shopping if you so fancy, nice little local beach....what's not to like?. I reckon the accusation of scum on the streets is a way over the top criticism and is only leveled by someone who appears very bitter about the place for some reason. Get a car and visit Lajares and El Cotillo a stones throw away...both places well worth a visit. Yep I suppose i am biased, but when we were buying we looked deeply into Caleta as well as Corralejo. The compromise was being in a great village not far from Corralejo. We still visit Caleta and Jandia but are always glad to get back to dear old Corrie.

If we ever thought of buying again , much as we like Corralejo, it would be Grand Tarajal for us. Love the place.

Sounds like you're half heartedly talking the place up but in reality you end up reminiscing about how good old Corrie used to be. Sometimes you've just got to get over the ex.

Offline Snowdrop

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2018, 23:01:25 pm »
you Should name the bars 1. so maybe the problems gets rectified and 2.it doesn’t put people off going in any of the other places along that row.
The Loft is there which doesn’t as far as I know have any guy working the bar and is very clean.  So if I recall right that leaves the Scottish Bar and the on next to it - do you refer to these?

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2018, 05:47:43 am »

Sounds like you're half heartedly talking the place up but in reality you end up reminiscing about how good old Corrie used to be. Sometimes you've just got to get over the ex.

No not half hearted at all. We still go there so its not really an ex either. More like an old friend. Have to say we would not like to have lived there full time,  but having our old place a few miles way was ideal. And a week or two there now is great as long as you have a car and can travel around the island. A good base you might say.

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2018, 08:55:34 am »
Each to their own but Corralejo attracts and will always attract the same type of person. Those looking for a cheap holiday, cheap booze, cheap cigarettes, cheap entertainment, yeah, generally anything cheap. And if you are British, any excuse to take your shirt off and walk down the main drag. If I ever had to go there i always breathed a sigh of relief when I was on the way out. If Corralejo (or Caleta) rocks your boat then that's great as it keeps you away from the nicer places on the island.
You hit the nail right on the head!
Some while ago Corralejo had a cool, relaxed, lay back, stress free atmosphere.

Offline Banjo

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2018, 09:36:04 am »
I've visited a lot these past 5 years or so, including 3 times to El Cotillo in the past 10 months and I've noticed some subtle changes.

There seems to be more French and Italians around. I noticed in one of the free local papers that French and Italians were actively  being courted for holiday home opportunities.

In some ways there's a lot more affluence around. Range Rovers, BMs, Audis and Mercs are becoming more common.

Some of the comments on this thread are outrageously exaggerated. There are a few people around that I wouldn't holiday with but you get that everywhere. I'd like to see how the people dress who have made these comments, I'm sure they never look anything other than dapper.

It's easier to spot scruffyness amongst your own kind too. Are you really trying to tell me that the Spanish who seem to live their lives in tatty jeans and a 2 quid tee-shirt actually look much better?

I agree about the British pubs though; the decent ones seem to be outnumbered by less endearing establishments. It must be hard keeping a business afloat though. If those Brit bars weren't there would there be anything in its place? I'm not so sure but maybe just more Chinese junk shops, nobody seems to be offended by them.

I looked at buying over a few years ago. I dithered, 2 kids at uni at the time and an  uncertainty as to how much time I could spend here made me nervy about the venture. The way prices have gone it's probably passed me by now but never say never. I could buy and rent it out but I wouldn't fancy entrusting that to somebody 2 and a half thousand miles away.  I have property rented out at home, ten minutes from where I live and I'm on it same day if there are any issues.

Corralejo is still a beautiful place, I'm going to stay there next time I come. I love the harbour area early mornings, I can stroll round there for hours. Any tourist area will have its drawbacks but people making derogatory comments about the place don't really understand what kind of resort it is, no matter how long they've lived or did live here. That in itself shows a certain degree of ignorance and that's nothing to shout about.

One word of warning to those slagging off the fat tattood sorts though; you want to hope that the Russians don't come in numbers; now there's a race of people to avoid. Better dressed...better built...better get out if they come.

One last thing and I know it's been mentioned on here a hundred times or more - those scooters have got to go. The riders are not being policed and  undoubtedly there's going to be a serious accident at one time or other.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2018, 10:27:27 am »
Hi Banjo, your the only one other than Tamkid participating in this topic that has made sense so far, and that includes me. But then I’m only stirring up a certain few that have an personal agenda in belittling most things that are not exactly the way that believe it should be. (As we would do it back home mentality) No other opinions count.
 I must say you post was first class.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2018, 11:17:15 am »
you want to hope that the Russians don't come in numbers;

in tenerife there are so many russians that most of the signs are in spanish, english and russian.

GC has loads of them too, only a matter of time for FV

Offline Banjo

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2018, 11:17:33 am »
Thanks dagwood, I do wonder about the future of the place. It won't stay under-developed and under invested in as it is forever but right now I'll take it and all its quirks for as long as is possible.

I have this nightmare vision of seeing wall to wall all-inclusive hotels once the big developers arrive but hopefully it never comes to that.

"We've never had it so good" and all that.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 00:24:28 am by Banjo »

Offline Banjo

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2018, 11:23:12 am »
Thanks dagwood, I do wonder about the future of the place. It won't stay under-developed and under invested in as it is forever but right now I'll take it and all its quirks for as long as is possible.

I have this nightmare vision of seeing wall to wall all-inclusive hotels once the big developers arrive but hopefully it never comes to that.

"Wou've never had it so good" and all that.

Exactly, people can nit pick but Fue is still special and mainly safe. Theres a lot to be thankful for.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2018, 11:32:07 am »

"Wou've never had it so good" and all that.

Exactly, people can nit pick but Fue is still special and mainly safe. Theres a lot to be thankful for.

you forgot to log out and back in as dagwood before you replied ;)

Offline dagwood

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2018, 12:09:24 pm »
As I pointed out before, frozen chickens and tins of tuna have more intelligence than Viva.
Corner boy mentality and corner boys education personified and with the attitude of a disturbed nest of wasps.

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2018, 12:58:41 pm »
As I pointed out before, frozen chickens and tins of tuna have more intelligence than Viva.
Corner boy mentality and corner boys education personified and with the attitude of a disturbed nest of wasps.
Dagwood, you are so wise and know so much, so please educate me and explain how you determined the IQ of frozen chickens?
I'm even more curious how you tested tins of tuna and if you have compaired them to tins of salmon because I was told that they are smart as well.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2018, 13:20:00 pm »
blatant dagwood multi account, caught in the act

if you thought he needed to get a life before, now you can see he has more than 3 accounts on here!

why dont you log back in as banjo and edit the comment and pretend I made the whole thing up ?

Offline dagwood

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2018, 13:43:59 pm »
Dagwood, you are so wise and know so much, so please educate me and explain how you determined the IQ of frozen chickens?
I'm even more curious how you tested tins of tuna and if you have compaired them to tins of salmon because I was told that they are smart as well.
It’s an actuarial calculation which would cause a lot of trauma on here. But basically tuna and salmon got caught and the poor auld chicken was born to be frozen. It’s a variation of E=MC squared. 
Basically we asked the frozen chickens and tins of tuna a number of questions and we got no wrong answers and on this forum Viva was asked the same questions and he got them all wrong. It was then abundantly clear that Viva spoke through his Anus and had less intellect than the chickens or tins of fish. 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 14:02:07 pm by dagwood »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2018, 15:03:58 pm »
Are you on something?.Have to say that response from banjo to his own post seemed rather strange. Especially as old daggie was busy kissing his backside a few minutes before.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2018, 15:32:27 pm »
Are you on something?.Have to say that response from banjo to his own post seemed rather strange. Especially as old daggie was busy kissing his backside a few minutes before.

the trolls got more than 3, see if you can work out the other 2 Ive sussed ;)

how sad is he though, sits here all day answering his own posts using different accounts . . . . . . . it needs help!

Offline Banjo

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2018, 15:36:50 pm »
Apologies, my response should have quoted you (regarding Russians in Tenerife etc.) and not dagwood. If you read it as that it makes more sense.  I've disagreed with dagwood many times and let him know it but I always try to reply to the post and not the poster; otherwise it gets ridiculously personal.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2018, 15:45:50 pm »
BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offline Banjo

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2018, 15:53:07 pm »

Also, if you think I'm dagwood, ask admin to take a look at my ip address when I'm back home tomorrow I  sunny Brum.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2018, 16:31:46 pm »
I don't care enough to ask Admin about it. Have to say it looked mighty suspicious though and perhaps viva has got it right.

What made it look dodgy for me was the apparent love fest bromance that went on just before hand.  ;)

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2018, 17:04:29 pm »
I don't care enough to ask Admin about it. Have to say it looked mighty suspicious though and perhaps viva has got it right.

anyone can spoof a IP address anyways.

What made it look dodgy for me was the apparent love fest bromance that went on just before hand.  ;)

same for me, and the tone, the reply reads how dagwood would type it.

Offline suendrob

• One Beautiful Island to Another
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2018, 17:14:17 pm »
I don't know who's who any more, but I have a new word for one of them - the one who has an overwhelming sense of Stuperiority

Offline Banjo

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2018, 17:25:08 pm »
I know who I am and I'm homebound. If anybody wants to come and kiss me goodbye I'm on the late Jet 2 flight out of here.

If anyone wants to kiss dagwood goodbye, I believe your wait may be slightly longer. :-*

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2018, 17:29:25 pm »
You're tainted goods now daggie or no daggie. There will always be that little touch of doubt unfortunately. By the way daggies gone very quiet. He's not on your flight is he?.   ;) :D