Author Topic: Recent Corralejo Visit  (Read 3792 times)

Offline dagwood

Re: Recent Corralejo Visit
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2018, 17:40:55 pm »
You're tainted goods now daggie or no daggie. There will always be that little touch of doubt unfortunately. By the way daggies gone very quiet. He's not on your flight is he?.   ;) :D

So you missed me. I was enjoying a lovely sunny Sunday (this is our may bank holiday weekend ) in the beautiful Emerald Isle. An for snot sorry Suendrobe I’m just me and only me.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2018, 17:57:46 pm »
You're tainted goods now daggie or no daggie. There will always be that little touch of doubt unfortunately. By the way daggies gone very quiet. He's not on your flight is he?.   ;) :D

Jet2 are you joking. They fly to Arlenes Ulster from Fuerteventura. To an old disused RAF field that was once used for motorbike racing.
Not to the beautiful cosmopolitan Major European city of Dublin.
I wantNone of your washed up almost broke British airlines with the exception of Eazyjet.
Its Ryanair or Aer Lingus for me.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2018, 19:26:28 pm »
your washed up almost broke British

just a note, dagwood being racist again

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2018, 19:30:32 pm »
noted.

Offline paully

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2018, 19:46:35 pm »

Jet2 are you joking. They fly to Arlenes Ulster from Fuerteventura. To an old disused RAF field that was once used for motorbike racing.
I wantNone of your washed up almost broke British airlines with the exception of Eazyjet.
Its Ryanair or Aer Lingus for me.
[/quote]

Dagwood is actually an old fashioned Irish bigot, they are prevelant on both sides of the divide and one of the reasons Ireland will never find peace. I recently visited Belfast and what a modern thriving City. Very welcoming and lovely people and without the extremely high costs of Dublin. Dagwood might not know but the youngsters of Dublin often head north to Belfast cos they say the nighlife is better and cheaper..

As for Jet2 its far from broke, massively expanding in fact, but if you live in Dublin the two Irish airlines are all you`ve got and the prices ex dublin are not cheap..That`s why many from the republic book flights out of the `old RAF base`and funnily enough with Jet2..

Thats the problem with being bigotted..it often has a higher price tag

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2018, 20:00:57 pm »
Dagwood is actually an old fashioned Irish bigot

thats no excuse

Offline dagwood

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2018, 20:16:02 pm »

Its Ryanair or Aer Lingus

Dagwood is actually an old fashioned Irish bigot, they are prevelant on both sides of the divide and one of the reasons Ireland will never find peace. I recently visited Belfast and what a modern thriving City. Very welcoming and lovely people and without the extremely high costs of Dublin. Dagwood might not know but the youngsters of Dublin often head north to Belfast cos they say the nighlife is better and cheaper..

As for Jet2 its far from broke, massively expanding in fact, but if you live in Dublin the two Irish airlines are all you`ve got and the prices ex dublin are not cheap..That`s why many from the republic book flights out of the `old RAF base`and funnily enough with Jet2..

Thats the problem with being bigotted..it often has a higher price tag

Belfast is a beautiful modern city completely refurbished since the troubles with E.U. money. As for being better value than Dublin any time I have been there I haven’t noticed it. I will agree that temple bar in Dublin is a rip off. You will find an area like this in any city.
As for Jet2 their profit margin was reduced last year by the unfavourable exchange rate. I have only met one couple who used them from Belfast and won’t use them again as the toilets were unusable and when all charges were added up they were no better than the Dublin airlines. Aldergrove is about 30 minuets drive from Belfast city centre and suffers unstable weather because it’s on the shore of Ireland’s largest lake. Other than that not a bad wee airport as the north man would say.
Why are all airport car parks in Dublin full of Northern Ireland Reg cars. (Yellow Plates)?
Also Ireland is at peace and enjoying it. We’re not sending our citizens away telling them there not wanted
After living here for 50/60 years.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 20:29:02 pm by dagwood »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2018, 20:28:48 pm »
You know what paully I always thought you had a touch of the ex copper in you mate. You can give someone a telling off but make it sound like you love them as well. If you are the old fashioned  member of the force I imagine you to be you must be pulling your hair out at the present bunch of nonentities running the show. You may think me totally wrong but as a youngster I respected the police.... but not nowadays. To me they are not a force but a self proclaimed " service" more like social workers not crime investigators. Be interested in your thoughts on the matter..

Offline paully

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2018, 08:38:07 am »
You know what paully I always thought you had a touch of the ex copper in you mate. You can give someone a telling off but make it sound like you love them as well. If you are the old fashioned  member of the force I imagine you to be you must be pulling your hair out at the present bunch of nonentities running the show. You may think me totally wrong but as a youngster I respected the police.... but not nowadays. To me they are not a force but a self proclaimed " service" more like social workers not crime investigators. Be interested in your thoughts on the matter..

Thank you for the gracious compliment its very much appreciated..I joined in the days of `Life on Mars` and you were taught your trade from the ground up by men who had been in the military, some even the war. You walked the beat so that A) you knew where every street was..bit like London Cabbies and B) you learnt how to deal with the public,interact and laugh with them, make them feel secure and above all yank out the villians and nuisance makers. Take no nonsense but never alienate people. Extract information, even when people didnt know they were giving it. That was something you never stopped learning...Stood me in good stead when I became an undertaker afterwards  ;D

Many stories but not on here.......If you want a fictional but true idea of what it was like read a book called `Horses Ar$e` by Charlie Owen on Amazon..Hilarious and true  ;D

As for today, my and my old comrades just dispair..The youngsters doing the job are as enthusiastic as we were and capable of the same service which they want to still give. Theresa May wrecked the service, you cannot slash the number of Police and expect the same service..The senior ranks are buffoons (always were really) ass licking and playing to their political masters. In the old days Chiefs like Sir Peter Matthews and Ron Gregory told the politicans to keep paying the bills but keep their noses out.........and it worked..The rot set in when we ceased to be a Force and became a Service.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 08:44:51 am by paully »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2018, 09:12:11 am »
Paully reading your posts I would have considered you a much younger person that worked in an aviation related position.
Great to find out your a man of experience with the mind of a young person.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 09:15:10 am by dagwood »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2018, 09:14:56 am »
That's exactly how I expected you to respond paully. I have to add to that my other perspective as a member of the public. In their efforts at diversity and political correctness the standards of recruitment seem to have fallen dramatically in recent years. Looking at some of them at present and their physical appearance and general untidiness in their ill fitting uniforms instills no confidence whatsoever in their ability to carry out what is a very demanding job. Just my opinion...but i think its a real shame the way it's going.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2018, 09:19:01 am »
That's exactly how I expected you to respond paully. I have to add to that my other perspective as a member of the public. In their efforts at diversity and political correctness the standards of recruitment seem to have fallen dramatically in recent years. Looking at some of them at present and their physical appearance and general untidiness in their ill fitting uniforms instills no confidence whatsoever in their ability to carry out what is a very demanding job. Just my opinion...but i think its a real shame the way it's going.

You mean it a cosmopolitan multi racial force.

Offline Banjo

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2018, 09:20:45 am »
Let's not mention the West Midlands Police Serious Crimes Squad then? What a hearty bunch of good oldtime policemen they weren't.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2018, 09:33:29 am »
Let's not mention the West Midlands Police Serious Crimes Squad then? What a hearty bunch of good oldtime policemen they weren't.

I think we should stick with Dixon of Dock Green

Offline paully

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2018, 10:12:45 am »

Didn`t think it would be long before the voices appeared...What you choose to ignore is that the Police recruited across the whole of society..We had a member of the house of Lords in one of my forces as well as lads who had been dustmen. In every barrel you get rotten apples thus you get them in every walk of life.The trick is to get them out before they rot many more.(Banking World?) None of us could stand thieves in our midst and I recall the odd one or two being shopped and booted out.

Offline paully

« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2018, 10:16:43 am »

Yes we had to be smart even at 6 in the morning. If you turned up looking they do now, you`d have been sent home to get smart and not booked on until you got back in and to the required standard. You soon learnt

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2018, 11:47:29 am »

No I didn't mean that. Although it is . Not sure what race or nationality have to do with my comment other than the need for you to feel good about yourself.

What I meant was that some look overweight, some look under height and many look like they have been dragged through a hedge backwards. If that's not a politically correct enough observation of our police " service" then that's too bad.I don't feel the need to be. I often wonder where they get fitted for their uniforms because 75% of them look like they are wearing somebody else's.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2018, 12:38:44 pm »

No I didn't mean that. Although it is . Not sure what race or nationality have to do with my comment other than the need for you to feel good about yourself.

What I meant was that some look overweight, some look under height and many look like they have been dragged through a hedge backwards. If that's not a politically correct enough observation of our police " service" then that's too bad.I don't feel the need to be. I often wonder where they get fitted for their uniforms because 75% of them look like they are wearing somebody else's.

But of course you did. Your soooo transparent. They are young well educated well trained people who are doing an incredible job keeping the streets of all the major cities safe from terror attatacks plus all the head bangers that were already there. Just because they are not all English white blue eyed and blond they look untidy to you. 

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2018, 14:55:51 pm »
For all your stupid posts that is up there with the most stupid.

Offline MalT

• Bluebirds
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2018, 15:25:04 pm »
Love it😂 one bunch of tourists complaining about  another bunch of tourists, you really are sad people 😎

Offline Banjo

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2018, 01:10:53 am »

Didn`t think it would be long before the voices appeared...What you choose to ignore is that the Police recruited across the whole of society..We had a member of the house of Lords in one of my forces as well as lads who had been dustmen. In every barrel you get rotten apples thus you get them in every walk of life.The trick is to get them out before they rot many more.(Banking World?) None of us could stand thieves in our midst and I recall the odd one or two being shopped and booted out.

Not convicted for the offences they committed then, just shopped and booted out?

I'm not one for police bashing for the sake of bashing, it's a job I wouldn't have been capable of...in any era, so they get my total respect. To use comments such as "rotten apples" when talking about the WMPSCS shows a lack of knowledge about the subject or like authorities and the government, you don't really see police corruption as a being a very serious offence.

Around 70 convictions for serious offences from robbery to murder overturned, the whole squad disbanded in disgrace and yet not one conviction. We're not talking rotten apples here, the whole barrel from the bottom up was rancid.

One case involved a police informer spending 8 months in a police cell whilst he proceeded to provide the police with information on his former associates. This led to 2 wrongful incarcerations for armed robbery. Part of the deal involved the informer admitting to being responsible for committing close on 1500 minor offences such as burglary, etc. 1500 crimes that the force decreed as 'solved'. The only issue was that the informer was in prison when around half of the offences were committed. Many of the other crimes he took responsibility for couldn't have been committed by the same person as they occurred at more or less the same time in different areas of the city.

At the end of a massive enquiry by the PCA, just 4 officers were punished for minor disciplinary offences. Incredible really.

As a timed served travelling football fan through the '80s and '90s I get it that the police have a tough job. I also get it that there are bad apples. Some of them enjoyed that era just as much and for the same reasons that the hoolies did.  However, to use terms such as bad apples  when talking about the WMPSCS just whitewashes over the truth.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2018, 07:26:46 am »
Never mind all that...were they cosmopolitan, white Aryans.That what seems to concern some dumb clucks.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2018, 09:21:47 am »
Again anyone who dares to disagree with Ivemovedon/ Viva are at the very least  dumb clucks and stupid.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2018, 09:29:59 am »
No not everyone...just you.

Lets face it you do make the most stupid of observations. Mostly racial of one kind or another, so as much as I know I should hold back I find it impossibly hard not to give you the truthful responses you so richly deserve.

Offline malabu

« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2018, 10:03:31 am »
Would it not be better to just ignore these stupid replies instead of inviting further stupid replies from stupid people.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2018, 10:09:39 am »
Just because I can see the horrible self serving individual you are you need to try to bring me down to your level. It ain’t working and you know it old bean.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2018, 10:10:50 am »
Would it not be better to just ignore these stupid replies instead of inviting further stupid replies from stupid people.

I agree, there is one very stupid troll ruining these forums

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2018, 10:44:59 am »
Just because I can see the horrible self serving individual you are you need to try to bring me down to your level. It ain’t working and you know it old bean.

Whats malabu done to deserve that?

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2018, 11:27:43 am »
Whats malabu done to deserve that?

what has any of us done to deserve dagwoods tirade of trolling ?

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2018, 11:42:34 am »

I totally agree Malabu, like I said a while ago.
In my opinion the forum is used a lot less now by people not wanting to get involved in these tit for tat stupid posts that go on for page after page with very little (if any) connection to the op’s original post/query.