Author Topic: RYANAIR  (Read 1512 times)

Offline malabu

RYANAIR
« on: May 13, 2018, 06:44:16 am »
Just booked my Granddaughter and baby (7 months old so has to sit on lap) cost 1 cent more than adult unreal, i accept flight is cheap but charging more for baby on lap is taking the piss
Flights
Fuerteventura to Birmingham
Fri 18th May 11:35 - 15:45 FR 3742
1 x Adult Standard fare£ 23.45
1 x Infant fee£ 23.46

Offline paully

Re: RYANAIR
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 09:50:02 am »
Can't give you an explanation,other than the conclusion you have also come to..But fear not Dagwood will be along soon to justify it..

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 10:19:04 am »
Dagwood

resident share holding marketing dept/apologist for the failed and wimpering Ryanair.

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 10:25:40 am »
7 month old babies are often a greater nuisance during a flight than most adults  ;D

Offline bedouin

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 10:42:14 am »
Just booked my Granddaughter and baby (7 months old so has to sit on lap) cost 1 cent more than adult unreal, i accept flight is cheap but charging more for baby on lap is taking the piss
Flights
Fuerteventura to Birmingham
Fri 18th May 11:35 - 15:45 FR 3742
1 x Adult Standard fare£ 23.45
1 x Infant fee£ 23.46

Sounds like you've booked on the euro site but paid in pounds, it'll be a rounding error.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 11:17:06 am »
Can't give you an explanation,other than the conclusion you have also come to..But fear not Dagwood will be along soon to justify it..

Thanks Paully, but as your must know by now I don’t need to justify anything, every time you listen or watch any news it’s both sides of the great British divide that give a world class exhibition on how to Justify the unjustifiable.
What Bedouin says makes sense.
What a whing over one penny on a flight that cost so little. I wonder what the other airlines quoted?
Anyway did you get your belly burned to lobster red yet, and avoided the electric scooter speed merchants.  Seriously I hope your enjoying your few days in the sun.

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 11:19:37 am »
Dagwood

resident share holding marketing dept/apologist for the failed and wimpering Ryanair.

Disregarding the reference to Dagwood.
I doubt by any stretch of the imagination that RyanAir could be taken to be “failed and wimpering Ryanair”
Whether you like them or not they are one of the largest & most successful airlines in the world

Offline dagwood

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 11:31:30 am »
You could have booked Jet2 for the next Sunday and they only charge €25 for the infant and €75 for the adult on that day. Total €100. You know it makes sense as Del Boy would say.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 11:43:44 am »
Dagwood

I predicted last December that I would drive Viva insane and I think I have succeeded.
He can’t write a post on any subject without a reference to me. It’s reasonable to believe that the act of typing one word and copying it a hundred or so times and then posting it on a public forum is the work of a lunatic who needs help urgently. He is obsessed with me and my writing.
Is it my doing or was he always crazy?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:45:37 am by dagwood »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 12:00:12 pm »
" I predicted last December that I would drive Viva insane and I think I have succeeded"

Well that's mighty clever of you daggie, I'm sure we are all impressed with your dedication and the succesful result of much diligent time spent on the forum.

And you wonder why I and others feel little more than contempt for you.  ;)

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 12:06:32 pm »

Whether you like them or not they are one of the largest & most successful airlines in the world

they have failed their customers or they wouldnt be the most complained about airline in the world!

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 12:09:46 pm »

they have failed their customers or they wouldnt be the most complained about airline in the world!

If that was genuinely the case then those millions (& continually growing) of customers would have stopped using them

Offline dagwood

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 12:38:10 pm »
" I predicted last December that I would drive Viva insane and I think I have succeeded"

Well that's mighty clever of you daggie, I'm sure we are all impressed with your dedication and the succesful result of much diligent time spent on the forum.

And you wonder why I and others feel little more than contempt for you.  ;)
And the amount of concern I have for you and the others and how you/they feel about or the light you/they see me is almost impossible to gauge.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 12:42:47 pm by dagwood »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 12:49:45 pm »
That's pretty obvious.

Using Ryanair next week to fly to Jerez. Couldn't get any airline other than them which forced me to go back on my decision not to use them a few years back. Main reason being I found O'leary's disdain of his customers truly unappealing. Also hated all the little add ons and mucking about and the little trumpet playing to denote an on time landing. That in itself was enough to force a boycott  , but have to say I doesn't look as bad as it used to...and O'leary has even toned down his anti customer rhetoric and thankfully I have been told the trumpet fanfare has been binned. . In fact OL seems to be trying his best to be customer friendly of late. Will see how it all goes at the weekend.

Have to say though the original poster has a valid complaint that a child not using a seat is paying the same as an adult who is. The price doesn't come into it, it's the principle.

Offline Deso

• Roll on one way flight to the rock. :)
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2018, 13:08:20 pm »
Ryanair charge a set amount for an infant. €25, or £25 if you pay in pounds. If the adult price was £80 the infant is still 25.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 13:16:10 pm »
You wouldn’t know a valid complaint from a hole in the ground. 
I believe the adult fare was discounted and happened to be less than the baby’s.
When you consider push chairs bags and heating bottles etc airlines would have to have a charge for an infant which like baggage would not be discounted. And it’s all airlines I’m referring to.
Heaven forbid that the mother got a seat for€9.99.
As for the trumpet it’s still there they just changed the tune. Your flight may have been slightly late.
I love that sound, it’s the sound of the start of a lovely few weeks in Fuerteventura. 

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2018, 13:18:36 pm »
Ryanair charge a set amount for an infant. €25, or £25 if you pay in pounds. If the adult price was £80 the infant is still 25.

Thats fair enough. never had to pay for an infant so wasn't aware.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 13:20:11 pm »
You wouldn’t know a valid complaint from a hole in the ground. 
I believe the adult fare was discounted and happened to be less than the baby’s.
When you consider push chairs bags and heating bottles etc airlines would have to have a charge for an infant which like baggage would not be discounted. And it’s all airlines I’m referring to.
Heaven forbid that the mother got a seat for€9.99.
As for the trumpet it’s still there they just changed the tune. Your flight may have been slightly late.
I love that sound, it’s the sound of the start of a lovely few weeks in Fuerteventura.

The trumpets changed it's tune ?. Pity you can't change yours.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2018, 13:26:28 pm »

Thats fair enough. never had to pay for an infant so wasn't aware.
I believe you did. 😉

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2018, 13:49:07 pm »
Nice one daggie. You got me there. ;D

Offline zedzedeleven

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2018, 17:33:21 pm »
Can`t believe anyone would seriously complain about the fanfare, it lasts what? five seconds? and is mostly drowned out by the staccato clattering of seat belts being hastily released by the "gotta get off first" brigade. Wish FR would fly more from the north west.   

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2018, 18:35:19 pm »
Honestly can't stand it. . Have wonderful visions of where i would like to stick that damn trumpet. ( Bend over Michael )

Looks like I'm going to get it all again at the weekend.

Offline Charlie dont surf

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2018, 20:01:17 pm »
Nobody has mentioned the nauseating blue and yellow seats. If that doesn't make you feel like puking then you must be colour blind and oblivious. Everything about the whole experience of flying with them has cheap and uncheerful written all over it. You pay your money and if you cant afford more then fill your boots and enjoy the ride.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2018, 20:31:09 pm »
Nobody has mentioned the nauseating blue and yellow seats. If that doesn't make you feel like puking then you must be colour blind and oblivious. Everything about the whole experience of flying with them has cheap and uncheerful written all over it. You pay your money and if you cant afford more then fill your boots and enjoy the ride.

Ryanair’s colour scheme like it or not is far more enduring than the one Monarch had. About 120 million customers don’t seem to have a problem with Ryanairs colour which may have been copied from a Scholl foot spray tin.
Remind me again Charlie of what that colour was monarch using when last seen flying.
Probably a deep shade of in the Red.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 20:38:30 pm by dagwood »

Offline Deso

• Roll on one way flight to the rock. :)

Offline Ducks

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2018, 12:18:15 pm »
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/Ryanair-reveals-its-new-plane-interiors-and-theres-a-distinct-lack-of-yellow/

Balls. "More legroom" just means shorter seats, and I don't understand how that equates to more leg room— you're still only going to get x inches from the back of your seat to the front of the next guy's, so does it really matter if 3/4 of your thigh is touching the seat or just 1/2? The length of the seat isn't going to give me more room at my knees, and I prefer the longer seat as I find them more comfortable.

"More headroom" also equates to "less overhead storage", which is presumably why they instituted their new and tighter baggage rules a while ago. I don't see what improvement that will generate for passengers, either— does anybody really want or need more overhead space while sitting down on a plane?

I have no problem with Ryanair in general, and am happy to use them when they offer the lowest price (I'm happy to use any airline when they fly a direct route, have a good safety record, and offer the lowest price), but none of these changes seem remotely positive on the passenger side of things.

Offline bedouin

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2018, 13:58:38 pm »

Balls. "More legroom" just means shorter seats, and I don't understand how that equates to more leg room— you're still only going to get x inches from the back of your seat to the front of the next guy's, so does it really matter if 3/4 of your thigh is touching the seat or just 1/2? The length of the seat isn't going to give me more room at my knees, and I prefer the longer seat as I find them more comfortable.

No, you've misunderstood.  The new seats have redesigned seat backs which are thinner, hence giving more space.  You might have noticed that the Telegraph article is over 2 years old, so these new seats are already in use and have been well-accepted.

Offline Ducks

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2018, 14:05:40 pm »
No, you've misunderstood.  The new seats have redesigned seat backs which are thinner, hence giving more space.  You might have noticed that the Telegraph article is over 2 years old, so these new seats are already in use and have been well-accepted.

Oh right, thanks! Slimmer seatbacks are a whole other matter entirely, yeah.

I can't say I recall the cabin looking anything like the one in the photo when I flew with them a few months ago, but I suppose there's always a big difference between concept art and the eventual product.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2018, 14:11:40 pm »

Oh right, thanks! Slimmer seatbacks are a whole other matter entirely, yeah.

I can't say I recall the cabin looking anything like the one in the photo when I flew with them a few months ago, but I suppose there's always a big difference between concept art and the eventual product.
[/qu

The photo looks very much like the interior of the 737- 800 Max, which has been mentioned here before if my memory serves, it is a redesign and the overhead lockers provide more space than the old, but I am ready to be corrected.

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2018, 15:26:02 pm »
I have been on the new one once. The seats are more comfortable, I think anyway. The lockers are much bigger & easier to use. Overall a good improvement I feel