Author Topic: RYANAIR  (Read 2253 times)

Offline bedouin

Re: RYANAIR
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2018, 21:15:05 pm »

Oh right, thanks! Slimmer seatbacks are a whole other matter entirely, yeah.

I can't say I recall the cabin looking anything like the one in the photo when I flew with them a few months ago, but I suppose there's always a big difference between concept art and the eventual product.

Perhaps you might realise that Ryanair have over 400 Boeing 737s, and they don't replace all of them simultaneously, so there's a chance that whichever plane you flew on a few months ago might have been one of the previous generation. 

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2018, 22:49:09 pm »
Hi Ducks,
I can't say I recall the cabin looking anything like the one in the photo when I flew with them a few months ago, but I suppose there's always a big difference between concept art and the eventual product.

The one I was in looked exactly like the photo 🙂🙂🙂

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2018, 09:32:18 am »
Hi Ducks,

The one I was in looked exactly like the photo 🙂🙂🙂

You have to bear in mind a 737 is a relatively small aircraft Boeing design the aircraft and the airlines can choose the paint and upholstery, so A 737-800 Max will look as per the photo, unlike the bigger aircraft where The Airline can choose seat configuration {or as was once suggested by Dire Air, no seats at all} ::)

Offline Snowdrop

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2018, 15:55:38 pm »
I thought under 2yrs and sat on a parents lap they were free -obviously not 🙃

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2018, 20:38:24 pm »
I thought under 2yrs and sat on a parents lap they were free -obviously not 🙃

direair flight costs are usulally higher than easyjet when ive checked, does anyone know of a business class flight to FV ? i'd pay for that, but dont know of anyone who offers this, thinkg BA was the last one.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2018, 17:38:43 pm »
Checked in dead on the 4 days allowed for "free" seating. I'm in row 36 the wife is in row 7. Couldn't be much further apart but if Ryanair think they are inconveniencing us they are very much mistaken. Quite happy to spend a few hours apart for a kip before hitting the nightlife. Might inconveniene a few others though as we are both in middle seat B's. Must be a lot of solitary travellers on this flight or quite a few couples with someone stuck between them. Wonderful airline. ;)

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 11:58:57 am »
Checked in dead on the 4 days allowed for "free" seating. I'm in row 36 the wife is in row 7. Couldn't be much further apart but if Ryanair think they are inconveniencing us they are very much mistaken. Quite happy to spend a few hours apart for a kip before hitting the nightlife. Might inconveniene a few others though as we are both in middle seat B's. Must be a lot of solitary travellers on this flight or quite a few couples with someone stuck between them. Wonderful airline. ;)
So you can pester both A and C

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 12:11:42 pm »

I always move seats anyways, did you manage to breath any of that wonderful free air they gifted to you ? hows about the free toilets they are not charging for ? are they as good as the paid for ones every other airline has?

did you notice any difference in the free boarding process ?

hows about the free "getting of the plane" service ? is it a improvement?

I hear they are also offering free safety advise too, did they cut any corners with this due to it being free ?

and tha free captians chat mid flight, was it any different from before when it was a chargble option ?

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2018, 13:34:11 pm »
So you can pester both A and C

I don't pester..I engage.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2018, 14:49:12 pm »
Just had an urgent e mail from Ryanair asking if I want to change to a different last minute seating arrangement.

Should have read......'Now we are just a couple of days away from your flight and we have put you and your partner at opposite ends of the plane by accident, as we have so many seats left that would put you next to each other, would you like to pay more for the privilege of being inconvenienced ?'.

And been offered an Irish breakfast. What's that?

Offline erik_tonny

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2018, 15:20:31 pm »
That what gives Dagwood the cramps 24/7

Offline dagwood

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2018, 15:36:10 pm »
That what gives Dagwood the cramps 24/7

A very dangerous thing that Irish Breakfast.
It is said that the Full Irish breakfast is responsible for more deaths than the IRA, UDA, UVF and The British army combined.     
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 15:38:04 pm by dagwood »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2018, 15:48:01 pm »
How does it differ from a full English. Or doesn't it?

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2018, 15:48:39 pm »
Irish breakfast. What's that?

a full english but with soda bread . . . . the dumb fuks are so racist they cant even eat a english breakfast.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2018, 15:56:47 pm »
How does it differ from a full English. Or doesn't it?

Black Pudding no Hash Brown with Brenan's Bread toasted and Barrys Tea.
But for me who considers my body as a Temple I have a proper European Continual Breakfast with lots of fruit and Juice finished off with a nice Americano.
Note, I didn't mention Black Coffee as that could be construed as racist and unlike others that contribute to this forum I could not allow that to happen.
Now as for the black Pudding well there's just no other name for it.         
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 16:06:56 pm by dagwood »

Offline erik_tonny

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2018, 16:43:50 pm »
Bloody sh|t?

Offline dagwood

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2018, 16:53:35 pm »
Bloody sh|t?
Yes one of its main ingredients is pigs blood.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2018, 06:21:03 am »
For some reason although on time we were spared that irritating fanfare on landing. Are you sure that's still operational..or have they realized how daft it sounds and given it the elbow.

Online ashworth

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2018, 07:39:52 am »
I think we forget 15 years ago you struggled to get here for less than £250 return. Some of Ryanair prices are silly cheap they would be better charging a bit more for the seats and less for the add-ons. But they sold 120million seats last year and if your price conscious they are hard to Ignore.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2018, 07:58:36 am »
Ashworth the actually sold 130 million seats last year but what’s 10 million between friends. And that doesn’t include Ivemovedon 😊

Year End 31 Mar Results (IFRS) Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2018 % Change
 Guests (m) 120.0 130.3 +9%
 Revenue (m) €6,648 €7,151 +8%
 Profit after Tax (m) €1,316 €1,450 +10%
 Net Margin 20% 20% –
 Basic EPS €1.053 €1.215 +15%

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2018, 08:13:03 am »
Actually quite impressed with the flights and the plane ..plenty of legroom etc etc. Flight crew a bit miserable but hey you can't have everything.

Offline erik_tonny

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2018, 09:59:31 am »
Just curious (I'm not a cat, so why not)
Whenever somebody of the cabinecrew grabs the mic to announce the next big sale, a special bargain or an emergency landing, we never understand a word they are saying.
Is this because we are not british or because they are from an other planet ?

Offline paully

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2018, 10:06:53 am »
Whenever somebody of the cabinecrew grabs the mic to announce the next big sale, a special bargain or an emergency landing, we never understand a word they are saying.

I don`t think its anything to do with nationality or planets but rather a lack of training. Most mic users seem to think that they have to insert the blasted thing centrally in their tonsil area and issue the forthcoming noise at a very high rate of decibels. Would be the same in Beijing as Belfast.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2018, 10:10:48 am »
Same at the airport except the recording of your man with the clear voice.
Or could they be speaking Irish the national language of Ryanair?

Offline zedzedeleven

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2018, 10:20:53 am »
Well IMO, I suppose they are miserable, I just thought they were a bit uncommunicative, a lot are from eastern europe so that would explain it.  As for the p.a. system I don`t listen to it, I`m not going to buy owt anyway. It`s been mentioned elsewhere that the duty free trolley has been absent on some Easyjet flights , perhaps it isn`t as lucrative as it used to be, less people smoking and more savvy travellers who know where there are better deals in the resorts. Same with the perfume. 

Offline dagwood

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2018, 10:41:55 am »
I don`t think its anything to do with nationality or planets but rather a lack of training. Most mic users seem to think that they have to insert the blasted thing centrally in their tonsil area and issue the forthcoming noise at a very high rate of decibels. Would be the same in Beijing as Belfast

Maybe a course in Karaoke 🎤 singing might be of help.

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2018, 11:07:43 am »

I don`t think its anything to do with nationality or planets but rather a lack of training. Most mic users seem to think that they have to insert the blasted thing centrally in their tonsil area and issue the forthcoming noise at a very high rate of decibels. Would be the same in Beijing as Belfast.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Couldn’t agree more. I very rarely understand what they say and for a lot of them, English not being their first language doesn’t help 🙂🙂

Offline dagwood

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2018, 12:18:40 pm »
It would depend on what part of England their from. Also if they came from parts of Scotland or cork or Kerry I would need an interpreter. Belfast is not that good either.

Offline Deso

• Roll on one way flight to the rock. :)
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2018, 12:23:19 pm »
Last couple of times I've flown with Ryanair I think the Captain hangs the mic out of the window when giving any flight updates.  :D

Offline dagwood

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2018, 12:40:33 pm »
Last couple of times I've flown with Ryanair I think the Captain hangs the mic out of the window when giving any flight updates.  :D

Rumour has it the captain hangs MOL out the window when possible. 
Actually the last few times we used them it was an all Irish crew including the flight deck.