Author Topic: Caleta = is it still full of chavs ?  (Read 3254 times)

Offline vivafuerte

Re: Caleta = is it still full of chavs ?
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2018, 12:48:14 pm »
We also have a fantastic choice of quality resturants.
ahum

eric, try Volcano in caleta, one of the best food outlets on the island.

Offline Ducks

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2018, 13:29:04 pm »
I hear this excuse all the time fom FV, now granted I live out the way in the hills (like I would in any country) and apart from the obviously drunk farmers driving their non MOT/Insurance/taxed cars exclusively only on the back lanes (to avoid the cops meandering across them) we dont have any bother or see any at all.

a shed in the village was broken in to about 4 years ago, turned out to be a relative of the house owner who lives about an hour away and only stole garden tools (to sell for drugs we expect) in contrast I hear of more theft or break ins per week in caleta or corelejo than I do in 4 years here.

as said I wouldnt live in a tourist area unless it was in the middle of a national park or something like that.

Well, fair enough; I suppose I should have clarified. When I said "everywhere", I meant "any densely populated area", since the difference in town vs. country is always going to be huge in any nation. My family are from the country at home, and when we visit, it's a completely different story to our city suburb— the same as the hills here so different to Caleta.

Ultimately, my point is that Caleta is no different to towns at home. If you have 1 troublemaker in 100, in a village of 200 people, there are only two of them, and there's only so much damage they can do. In a town of 2000, you've got 20, which is enough for them to form a band (or two) and start making problems, since those kinds of people egg one another on. The two in the village will only go so far because they only have so much encouragement; the twenty in the town will probably cause more than ten times the hassle of the village ones because of the show-off factor and larger audience of like-minded oiks. They can also be more anonymous, which gives them courage.

I don't think it being a tourist area makes much difference, or at least I haven't seen it make much difference so far. It's the town/population density factor that makes the big difference for these things, IMO. I can completely understand someone opting for the peace and quiet of the country, though— it has a lot of appeal! I'm just too lazy and dependent on conveniences to make the necessary sacrifices.

A much more diverse collection of visitors now in Caleta than 15 years ago. A lot of French, Italians and North Europeans.

This is very true; there are a lot of French now (the noticeboard of the hotel by the lighthouse has French as the second language after Spanish, and I hear a lot of French there any time I'm passing), and yesterday we passed three loud Dutch(?) drunks on the walk to Atlantico. They weren't being obnoxious, just giddy. Plenty of nationalities here, mostly getting along.

Or a good Wrestling move - the Clothes Line, soon get rid of them

I won't be the one to deliver it since I wouldn't want to get myself in trouble, but they really would be very deserving.

As for the neighbours— they're nice people, actually, and bless them, they don't seem to play loud music too often. We're just going to have to accept that the standard of soundproofing in construction here is vastly lower than at home, and that people here interact at a much louder volume.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2018, 13:43:36 pm »
A much more diverse collection of visitors now in Caleta than 15 years ago. A lot of French, Italians and North Europeans. Plus the  Brits who come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. But as Ryanair can get you here for £40 who can blame them. Still not Benidorm. We also have a fantastic choice of quality resturants. Mustn't grumble.

If Turkey opens up again we’ll get rid of that type of Brit.
Of course the requirement of a visa from next year will also put manners on them.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2018, 13:47:02 pm »
Who's we?

Offline paully

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2018, 14:54:16 pm »
ahum

Know what you mean Erik but Ashworth works for the tourist Board..has to earn his keep😁😁

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2018, 15:40:21 pm »
ahum

eric, try Volcano in caleta, one of the best food outlets on the island.

Have to disagree Viva, tried it an was less than impressed, food is OK but there are far better within 5/600 metres of the place. and on THe Island, I doubt it would make the top 500.

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2018, 16:10:11 pm »
Hi Ducks,

“As for the neighbours— they're nice people, actually, and bless them, they don't seem to play loud music too often. We're just going to have to accept that the standard of soundproofing in construction here is vastly lower than at home, and that people here interact at a much louder volume.”

I noticed that as well. Our place is brand new but still hear everything. I think with the predominantly concrete construction there is NO soundproofing at all !!

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2018, 16:18:55 pm »
Have to disagree Viva, tried it an was less than impressed, food is OK but there are far better within 5/600 metres of the place. and on THe Island, I doubt it would make the top 500.

must have been a off day ?

ive been about 12 times and apart from once when the steak was a bit tough every other time its been well worth it. i tried a few other places near by and they all seem to be targeting food for my granded, like really basic generic "english" type food.

Offline Roar of the Rovers

• domestic goddess is our Jon
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2018, 17:13:24 pm »
Got back from Lisbon on monday afternoon basically same time as a flight from fuerte OMG it looked like the trailer park trash express seriously im thinking of selling up if this is the clientele thats being enticed now it was full of 60/70 yrs old women with bleached blond hair and a few tatts i think you call them slappers

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2018, 17:32:38 pm »
Is a 20 stone tattoo clad in an unionjack speedo and flipflops in a supermercado a chav or just scum?
Sorry not in Caleta but in Corralejo.
(Ivemovedon; please note that I didn't mention the nationality. Maybe the weight in stone......)

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2018, 17:43:57 pm »
wearing the union jack means nothing, its a part of many other flags and some people wear it as they want to be fashionable.

interesting note, if you ever have the fortune to travel to Freetown in Sierra Leone you will see more union jacks than anywhere in UK.

also to note when I was a teenager I had a thing for wearing foriegn football teams tops, i just liked the designs and the fact nobody else wore them, i was never really a fan of any one team and the more obscure the team the better and I couldnt care where they actually came from.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 17:56:04 pm by vivafuerte »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2018, 17:58:49 pm »
Is a 20 stone tattoo clad in an unionjack speedo and flipflops in a supermercado a chav or just scum?
Sorry not in Caleta but in Corralejo.
(Ivemovedon; please note that I didn't mention the nationality. Maybe the weight in stone......)
Try nipping down to Jandia and catch an eyeful of more than a few fat loud arrogant Germans and Dutch. Add to that the 70's style mullets shocking dress sense and liking for vast quantities of beer and you need go nowhere near Caleta and Corralejo to see a bit of chav/scum.

Offline Ducks

« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2018, 18:25:55 pm »
I noticed that as well. Our place is brand new but still hear everything. I think with the predominantly concrete construction there is NO soundproofing at all !!

Absolutely true. Also, the acoustics are shocking. Everyone sounds like they are mumbling because the echo is mucking up our ability to hear! You click your fingers and the sound continues for more than two seconds after your fingers have stopped moving; it's terrible. :o

It's a mad idea, but I'm thinking of getting a roll of that perforated anti-slip matting (this kind of thing), sticking it to the ceiling over the staircase, and painting over it. It will be ugly as sin, but I can't handle the level of echo I'm getting— even typing sounds like gunshots! I'm hoping it will work like carpet underlay, so that it plus a nice big rug should take care of the worst of the bounce-back.

So far, our big problem in this town has been the level of quality in the construction— Our complex is actually pretty decent compared to others we looked at, it's just that what's considered "acceptable" here is shocking to those of us used to the level of quality back home!

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2018, 18:38:00 pm »
Hi Ducks,
I think one of the issues is the tiled floors TBH.
I have to say, our finishes & construction is top notch.
We are used to carpeted floors which obviously deadens sounds. As you say, even with full furnishings there is almost an echo.
Floor rugs or wall hangings may help somewhat I think but the wife is against anything “bugs” could hide in/under.
She is terrified of cockroaches even though we haven’t seen any so far (she knows they are just waiting to creep in & take up lodgings as soon as her back is turned) 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Offline MalT

• Bluebirds
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2018, 18:39:10 pm »
Chavs? My granddaughters tells me that’s very 1990’s!!😎

Offline ashworth

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2018, 17:56:05 pm »
A much more diverse collection of visitors now in Caleta than 15 years ago. A lot of French, Italians and North Europeans. Plus the  Brits who come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. But as Ryanair can get you here for £40 who can blame them. Still not Benidorm. We also have a fantastic choice of quality resturants. Mustn't grumble.

Of course the requirement of a visa from next year will also put manners on them.
?

Offline dagwood

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2018, 18:33:44 pm »

?

Hi ashworth,
I was referring to when the U.K. are outside the E.U. travel visas will be required.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2018, 19:25:08 pm »

Hi ashworth,
I was referring to when the U.K. are outside the E.U. travel visas will be required.

like they are when travelling from Norway to EU . . .

oh hang on a min, thats messed up .

;)

Offline dagwood

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2018, 19:54:17 pm »

Hi ashworth,

like they are when travelling from Norway to EU . . .

oh hang on a min, thats messed up .

Yes the whole things messed up.
I see the Good ol USofA don’t want any of your rubbish after Brexit. 
But it looks like there won’t be a real Brexit anyway
;)

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2018, 20:03:40 pm »
i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees vi dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees vi dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees vi dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees vi dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees vi dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees vi dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees vi dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees vi dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees vi dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees vi dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees vi dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees vi dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees i dont want UK to leave EU as it will mean us Irish will have to pay more for EU entry fees

we know, there is no need to cry about it like a broken record.

no UK people are crying like you and they where the ones who had the descision to make, not you ya big cry baby, man up, oh hang on you'll have to ask the wife how to do that ;) being a gutless irish an all that.

Offline Can the Man

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2018, 23:52:23 pm »
Time for Admin to lock down this trash

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2018, 01:09:48 am »
Time for Admin to lock down this trash

Wholeheartedly agree Can & ban a few people as well. This rubbish is killing an otherwise very good forum

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2018, 01:44:05 am »
This rubbish is killing an otherwise very good forum

agreed, but it has to be mentioned that Can only comments when someone posts a opinion against the irish, he's not bothered with all the anti british posts from dagwood that is breeding this hate and isnt really bothered about fixing the problem.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:33:27 am by vivafuerte »

Offline Roar of the Rovers

• domestic goddess is our Jon
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2018, 20:26:58 pm »
Ummh glasshouses come to mind for a certain poster who posted near to the knuckle pictures of semi clad ladies which nearly got the forum shut down ,short memory syndrome me thinks ;) ;) ;)

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2018, 21:06:21 pm »
This rubbish is killing an otherwise very good forum

agreed, but it has to be mentioned that Can only comments when someone posts a opinion against the irish, he's not bothered with all the anti british posts from dagwood that is breeding this hate and isnt really bothered about fixing the problem.

What I have seen Can’s posts are generally constructive, more than can be said for some others, you included. Page after page of tit for tat slagging does no one any good.
It would appear however that this is not going to change as I have personally reported many many of these posts to Admin & nothing has been done.
So the simple answer is you Dagwood & a couple of others appear to have won. You have in my opinion reduced what was previously a very friendly & informative forum to nothing more than a pis*ing contest

Offline bedouin

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2018, 21:15:23 pm »

What I have seen Can’s posts are generally constructive, more than can be said for some others, you included. Page after page of tit for tat slagging does no one any good.
It would appear however that this is not going to change as I have personally reported many many of these posts to Admin & nothing has been done.
So the simple answer is you Dagwood & a couple of others appear to have won. You have in my opinion reduced what was previously a very friendly & informative forum to nothing more than a pis*ing contest

I reckon you're right, this malicious posting is wrecking what was a good forum.  For evidence, the stats say that 11 members were online today; but the most online ever was 384.  That's some reduction!

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2018, 21:24:05 pm »

I reckon you're right, this malicious posting is wrecking what was a good forum.  For evidence, the stats say that 11 members were online today; but the most online ever was 384.  That's some reduction!

😢😢😢😢😢

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2018, 21:33:31 pm »
So who's this thrower of stones in glass houses then?. have my suspicions...no i don't, I know who it is.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2018, 21:46:18 pm »
Page after page of tit for tat slagging does no one any good.

agree 100% and to anyones defence who is shutting up dagwood and his many accounts, i can see it is a provoked response. the fix is either dagwood plays nicely or he goes.

you will see posts where im openly goading him, and many many many others, the main connection to all of this is dagwood.

no dagwood (or if he plays nice) the problem will dissapear.

another issue you might not have worked out, people looking to visit or buy on the island will read these forums, see what a nasty little man he is then decide not to bother, if I bought on FV id be trying my hardest to get him to sort himself out or at least not advertise to the world there are a few really horrid nasty ex pat people who will be your neighbours if you buy on FV

Offline spitfire58

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2018, 23:23:07 pm »
Page after page of tit for tat slagging does no one any good.

agree 100% and to anyones defence who is shutting up dagwood and his many accounts, i can see it is a provoked response. the fix is either dagwood plays nicely or he goes.

you will see posts where im openly goading him, and many many many others, the main connection to all of this is dagwood.

no dagwood (or if he plays nice) the problem will dissapear.

another issue you might not have worked out, people looking to visit or buy on the island will read these forums, see what a nasty little man he is then decide not to bother, if I bought on FV id be trying my hardest to get him to sort himself out or at least not advertise to the world there are a few really horrid nasty ex pat people who will be your neighbours if you buy on FV

Do you not also see that it just perpetuates it all. No response means it doesn’t get started. As for putting people off the island, that would be more just what all this slagging is likely to do, don’t you think !!