Ryan air free checkin

Started by beachlife, May 14, 2018, 22:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beachlife

Just received email that from June 13th all free checkins will be not 4 days before flight but 48 hours. Nice them saying 48 hours it doesn`t seem so bad as cut to 2 days. At this rate it will eventually end up at 2 hours before the flight.

dagwood

This beggars belief.
So now you can check in on line up to 48 instead of 96 hours before your flight. Is this not an improvement?

Deso

Another push towards getting people to purchase a reserved seat?
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

dagwood

Sorry I see what you mean. You don`t purchase a seat.

Deso

Quote from: dagwood on May 14, 2018, 22:33:40 PM
This beggars belief.
So now you can check in on line up to 48 instead of 96 hours before your flight. Is this not an improvement?

No, it means the earliest you can check in is 48 hours ahead instead of the 96 hours that it is now.
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Ivemovedon

If it's only 3 euros why don't they just stick it on the flight price and be done with all the messing about..

That's what grates more than prices...smoke screens and mirrors all the time, trying to dress something up for the sake of a couple of quid. Should be able to check in on return flights so all is done and dusted before you even leave home. Same with all this daft cabin bags cobblers. Just put all the bags and cases apart from personal valuable hand helds  in the hold...thats what it's built for... instead of all the fighting and scrapping to get them in the overhead lockers as it is now. It's nonsense.

Ivemovedon

Thats easily sorted then. cut the choices...all national flights can have different baggage regulations to international flights. Like I said a hold is built to take luggage, why create a dangerous melee with people shoving heavy cases over each others heads and fighting to get a space close to their seating when you have a near empty hold below. I'm not talking just Ryanair here but all airlines.

zedzedeleven

I seem to remember that back in the day Saint Michael went on record as saying nobody needs to take two thirty kilo suitcases for a weekend away. And he was right, charging for hold luggage has concentrated minds wonderfully.
Mentor to the boneheads.

Ivemovedon

Daggie I'm against people being given silly nonsense.

Free check in shouldn't be a choice, it should be automatic. You are buying a flight off them whatever price it turns out to be. But free sounds good though does it not. Feel you are getting something for nothing. Perhaps they should put it another way. How about...' There is an Extra charge check in for those who don't want to be inconvenienced and because you decided not to pre- book a seat'. Doubt we'll see that little promotion instead of "free."

My worlds far from grey thanks. Off to the sun with good old Ryanair. With a bag in the hold ,nothing over my head and check in a few days before hand ....free.

Only downside is I might have to hear that damned trumpet fanfare. Hope we have a delay just to avoid it.  :-*

And sorry ZZ  charging for hold luggage hasn't concentrated my Mrs mind. She could easily use up Ryanairs 20 kilos limit for a 3 day city break and still be looking for more. I pair of pants a t shirt and flipflops is not her ballgame.

paully

We are lucky, so far, to be able to store our stuff where we stay..so hand luggage rules supreme..Next trip out we are with Ryanair from Manchester..I read, or waded through the small print, before booking..A lot to sort out, as well.. nevertheless, working on the basis that what you pay for with Ryanair, you do get..we booked seats, cabin baggage, priority boarding, the lot...We are an O Leary dream. Came to £20 odd pounds a head extra.now if we were on a short ride, we'd keep the money in our pockets but it isn't, so we paid. Suits some but not all..

Mind you were we stay has just changed hands and looking at the new owners I can't imagine their business plan to be anything like the last one, but time will tell..
I HATE computer thingyss

spitfire58

Quote from: vivafuerte on May 15, 2018, 10:13:41 AM
"free check in" = "you cant even check in without it costing you if you dont do it within our defined rules"

dont understand why you bother with ryanair, id rather pay triple just to not give them my business.

Nothing works without rules & Ryanair checkin procedure works fine for me so not an issue. Same as Ivemovedon I don`t like all the manipulation to add “extras” to improve their revenue stream but still a very reliable carrier & limited flying options from Scotland. TBH we would have more issues without RyanAir

dagwood

Quote from: vivafuerte on May 15, 2018, 10:13:41 AM
"free check in" = "you cant even get chicken  without it costing you if you dont do it within our defined rules"

dont understand why you bother with ryanair, id rather pay triple just to not give them my business.

Please viva its free check in not free chicken

zedzedeleven

Quote from: paully on May 15, 2018, 10:11:16 AM
We are lucky, so far, to be able to store our stuff where we stay..so hand luggage rules supreme..Next trip out we are with Ryanair from Manchester..I read, or waded through the small print, before booking..A lot to sort out, as well.. nevertheless, working on the basis that what you pay for with Ryanair, you do get..we booked seats, cabin baggage, priority boarding, the lot...We are an O Leary dream. Came to £20 odd pounds a head extra.now if we were on a short ride, we'd keep the money in our pockets but it isn't, so we paid. Suits some but not all..

Mind you were we stay has just changed hands and looking at the new owners I can't imagine their business plan to be anything like the last one, but time will tell..
Hi Paully, went tommy cook from mcr a couple of weeks ago, simply because it was the only airline with an early morning flight. Too early really, had to get up half an hour before we went to bed! I also used to store stuff with a mate but after stopping in Tim`s wonderfully equipped apartment it was no longer  necessary. That apartment too changed hands but all the equipment is still there, makes such a nice change from the Maxorata where we had two spoons, two knives and forks etc and a kettle and toaster was extra from reception. It was cheaper to buy the kettle and toaster from the chinese shop ! ( toaster was prone to sparking alarmingly though!) Anyway, going to try flying from leeds/bradford next trip , just means an extra half hour on the drive to the airport. Tommy Cook`s hand luggage limit is a measly 6kg, EasyJet is unlimited. and that`s one of the reasons for going EJ from L/B.
Mentor to the boneheads.

paully

Good to hear from you ZZ glad you got there ok..Leeds is easier to get through and I'll pm you with how to get cheaper parking there...we too like LPL but the flight days and times no longer suit..speak soon
I HATE computer thingyss