Author Topic: Water / Electric price increase  (Read 734 times)

Offline skillt

• Up Cork
Water / Electric price increase
« on: May 14, 2018, 18:19:56 pm »
We are non resident but spend summer on the island, just checked my online bank and I see that both Electric and water have gone up a few euro per bill, I'm taking it that both have had a price rise ?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 18:26:28 pm by skillt »

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
Re: Water / Electric price increase
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 19:13:25 pm »
Haven’t seen ours yet but last water bill was the same as usual. That came out last month, I think

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 20:01:02 pm »
Haven’t seen ours yet but last water bill was the same as usual. That came out last month, I think

As was ours, not due an Electricity bill until next month, so will report then.

Offline Deso

• Roll on one way flight to the rock. :)
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 20:22:00 pm »
Just checked my Endesa bills up to March, next one due shortly, and price per Kw/h went up by 0.7 of a cent per unit toward the end of November.

Water, Aguas Antigua, is still the same up to press.

Offline Deso

• Roll on one way flight to the rock. :)
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 15:09:27 pm »
Just had our bill and same cost per unit as last one, standing charge and consumption.

Offline decho

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 20:33:15 pm »
It's well worth checking out different tariffs offered by Endessa....you might be a lot cheaper switching. Also get an account setup online and check your consumption figures and more detailed bill.

Offline Windermeregolfer

• A Hole In One - In My Dreams
  • Keeping Calm
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 09:33:34 am »
Just Had my May Endesa online bill and there are NO unit or day rate increases from the March bill.   

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 09:42:51 am »
Bill arrived today, and as with John and Neil there is no change to the tariff .

Offline Lexeus

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 14:55:23 pm »
How much are people actually paying? Particularly interested in everyone water charges, as I understand it varies alot over the island. Thanks in advance for any info :)

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 15:15:24 pm »
How much are people actually paying? Particularly interested in everyone water charges, as I understand it varies a lot over the island. Thanks in advance for any info :)

Two of us living in a two-bedroom bungalow, monthly Electric circa 60/70€, water16/17€ we get a residents discount on the water that it took us nearly a year to discover, Electric Endessa, Water Antigua water or something similar, I have mentioned in a previous post I have been offered a 14/15% saving to move my Eletric supply

Offline TamaraEnLaPlaya

• I wish!
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 00:53:09 am »
It's well worth checking out different tariffs offered by Endessa....you might be a lot cheaper switching. Also get an account setup online and check your consumption figures and more detailed bill.

If you go into the Endesa office in Puerto, with a recent bill and photo ID, they will check out the best tariff for you. It's also a good opportunity to up your Potencia Contract as well if you keep tripping the electrics when cooking etc! I have a new tariff which gives me half price electric from 11pm to 1pm (14 hours a day!) during the summer, adjust the hours when the clocks change to 10pm - 12 noon for the winter.

Offline MandK

• What you give is what you get...
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 08:24:40 am »
No one should pay for electric on this Island, the lack of solar (unless you go 100% off grid) is corrupt (just look who runs the generating companies)  I had a meeting with Endesa , and was truly shocked .   

Offline Lexeus

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 18:01:18 pm »
There is an awful lot of wind power down south, a few more turbines just went up, but these are the newer design with the huge huge blades.

What potencia do people have? 25Amps seems to be the common rating, but I have seen some people who cook on gas and contract 15A to save money on the daily potencia charges

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 19:36:42 pm »
I put in a gas hob for that very reason. Also try not to switch heavy items on together but have had no probs yet.