Beach below magic life jandia

Started by phantom72, May 17, 2018, 15:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom72

Hi can anyone tell me if the beach just to the right of the magic life is still used by naturists I went a couple of years ago beginning of July and there wasn`t anyone in the buff going again beginning of July hoping there will be a few others so I`m not on my own

bedouin

Yes, there can be naturists there, it all depends on how brave the naturists are, as Magic Life is predominantly a textile resort.  Naturism is generally accepted throughout Fuerteventura (obviously with the exception of the Caleta brigade) so go for it!

notdeadfred

When we were there in March this year there were a few naturists on that stretch of beach, mostly at the far end nearer the Sensimar Royal Palm.  All of the stone bunkers at that end were filled by naturists. There were no naturists closer to or directly in front of the steps leading down from the Magic Life.

jaynek65

You might be better off turning left and go past the surf club, as just past there is a mainly naturist area set back under the Robinson Hotel, and on the next beach along it is mainly all naturist both in the stone circles and on the sand.

Brayone

Great to see some activity in this section.I was beginning to think people had lost interest in letting the sun on their bodies. Roll mid October 8)https://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/Smileys/solosmileys/cool.gif

Jimjo

Quote from: jaynek65 on May 18, 2018, 16:19:05 PM
You might be better off turning left and go past the surf club, as just past there is a mainly naturist area set back under the Robinson Hotel, and on the next beach along it is mainly all naturist both in the stone circles and on the sand.
As Jayne has said, go to the left, Just past the Atalaya beach bar and it is nearly all clothes optional. The sunbeds by there are normally naturist but we normally sit in the stone circles. Roll on September for our second visit of the year. Any more questions, feel free to ask.

Magoo

Damn you Jimjo!  I have been procrastinating about booking Esquinzo in September as due to an unexpected change of car and a few other things, we can't really afford it. Thanks to your post about our favourite spot on the beach, it looks like I will take the hit to the coffers and go anyway.

Jimjo

Quote from: Magoo on May 21, 2018, 15:03:17 PM
Damn you Jimjo!  I have been procrastinating about booking Esquinzo in September as due to an unexpected change of car and a few other things, we can't really afford it. Thanks to your post about our favourite spot on the beach, it looks like I will take the hit to the coffers and go anyway.
Magoo, you only have yourself to blame. When i furst joined this forum, i sought advice and your posts really helped me to decide where to stay. We were both very new to naturism and i wanted to make sure that everything worked out as well as could be. We have been going back every year since. This will now be our fifth visit.

Hope you manage to get there in September.

Magoo

So do I Jimjo.

We like September as the temp is about right for us, the days are still long enough for a trip or two up the island to El Cotillo to inspect the fish in the lagoons while Mrs Magoo gets a Fuerteshrimp pedicure in the rock pools.  Plus, the Spanish holidays are over and Brit kids are back at school, hence peace and quiet.
The question is 14 or 17 days.

Magoo

Well, its done and September it is. Our first choice was fully booked, but have found a place nearby.  Also trying Jet2 for the first time.  Esquinzo here we come

Jimjo

Quote from: Magoo on August 14, 2018, 18:43:39 PM
Well, its done and September it is. Our first choice was fully booked, but have found a place nearby.  Also trying Jet2 for the first time.  Esquinzo here we come

Hope you have a great time. Not long now.

Magoo

Hope the beach is in a good state. Our usual place being booked up has opened my eyes to how naturists have their trousers pulled down (If they had any) with accommodation prices. This SC is half the price, just hope it isn't a dung hole. Not a naturist place, but we like the beach more than festering around a pool.

Jimjo

Where about are you staying and when are you going?

Magoo

Magoo

Quote from: jaynek65 on May 18, 2018, 16:19:05 PM

Just got back from two weeks sun here.  Yes, the end sunbeds are still used by naturists and the Ayuntamiento are refurbishing them.  The price is â,¬4.50 per item, that`s â,¬13.50 per day for two beds and a Sombrillo. That adds up across two weeks, hence most are empty all along the beach.  A more reasonable rate or a discount after 2pm might encourage more people to use the.

The beach it`s self is OK but has been scoured back to rocks past the low tide mark.  There was a spring tide on our first week, so not really a problem. However on the second week, swimming was near impossible without foot ware to get you into swimming depth.  There was one open route in, a couple of hundred yards North that was usable, but it meant leaving your stuff unattended.

All in all, two good weeks though

jaynek65

Hi Magoo.

Glad the beach has improved. It was incredibly rocky in February by the surf club. We are back there
on Tuesday so will be barefoot walking the surf  ;D soon.

Will196

Early May that section of beach wasn't bad. I think mid May  was when the tide really washed it clean.

Lounger occupancy really depends on the crowds. Some people will only use the loungers. Others won't no matter the price. Most years I've seen a fairly high occupancy. They hiked the price IIRC three years ago.

Also â,¬14 for two isn't that outrageous.  I've seen â,¬25 per lounger in France.

Usually there is a link between the price and the quality of the lounger. I've seen  â,¬10 for a couple in Greece. Problem was the loungers were torture devices and they should have been paying people to use them.

Magoo

Quote from: jaynek65 on September 21, 2018, 19:53:46 PM
Hi Magoo.

Glad the beach has improved. It was incredibly rocky in February by the surf club. We are back there
on Tuesday so will be barefoot walking the surf  ;D soon.

Have a good time Jayneck. The problem with this stretch of coast is that millions of tonnes of sand can move overnight, for better or worse.  The strip of sand in front of the stone shelters towards Esquinzo , doubled in width while we where there.  I would advise taking some neoprene shoes just in case.