Tres Islas / Flag beach

Started by fizzy lemonade, May 26, 2018, 17:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fizzy lemonade

If anybody has stayed here before you may know,  we are staying here in early October, not familiar with Flag beach, my question is if we leave the hotel via the Spa area, how soon before we can strip off? The answer is probably straight away but what would be commonplace? I know we can walk the other direction to just beyond Riu Oliva Beach

Also any sun beds for hire here that are naturist like the last couple beyond Oliva Beach? Just looking for a second option

Thanks

Jimjo

Hi Fizzy
We stayed at Oliva Beach in April. We normally stay in Jandia but decided to have a change this year, so the surroundings were all new to us. AS you say, walking right you can strip off pretty much as you get outside of Oliva Beach. We did walk on flag beach on a couple of occasions and its very similar there. Once we were past the hotel, we stripped off and walked all the way to Correlejo. We're back to Jandia in September though.
Hope this helps.

Magoo

If you enjoy swimming in the sea, take care on Flag Beach, as I believe it can be a bit unpredictable as times.  I seem to recall a thread about it some time ago.  A beach with relatively safe swimming is always on our check list

fizzy lemonade

Jimjo, did you notice any naturist friendly sunbeds on the Corralejo side of the Tres Islas?

Magoo, just quick dips to cool off, I'd be cautious of the ocean in that spot too

Jimjo

Hi Fizzy.

No, i didn`t see any naturists on sunbeds on flag beach, only when you go south towards the dunes, the last set of sunbeds were all naturist

erik_tonny

Quote from: Magoo on May 27, 2018, 10:08:32 AM
If you enjoy swimming in the sea, take care on Flag Beach, as I believe it can be a bit unpredictable as times.  I seem to recall a thread about it some time ago.  A beach with relatively safe swimming is always on our check list
At the 2 Riu hotels there is often  a nasty rip tide killing quit a few every year.
So learn how to recognise a rip tide !
A beach with relatively safe swimming is always far from the water  ;)

Magoo

Quote from: erik_tonny on May 29, 2018, 15:25:06 PM
At the 2 Riu hotels there is often  a nasty rip tide killing quit a few every year.

Also remember that on most beaches in Fuerteventura, should you find yourself in a rip, you are on your Jack Jones unless you can attract the attention of a passing surfer dude.
So remember a rip won`t kill you, panic and exhaustion will. Don`t fight it, conserve energy and get on your back. Swim gently at 90 degrees to the beach, preferably in a direction that won`t get you dashed on the rocks. With any luck you will break free off the rip before going out too far, enabling you to get back to the beach. Trying to swim against the rip is pointless and you will quickly exhaust and drown. There are lots of good vids on YouTube posted by Australians that are well worth a look

bedouin

I stick to the hotel pools in the north of the island!

hairybiker

I think I have seen nude sunbathers on the sunbeds north of the Tres Islas, at the furtherest north end. But I'll check next week (discreetly). Certainly you can use the clumps of sand and vegetation towards the back of the beach

I may just have a word with the guy who collects the money and see what his stance (I did think about using "position" and "views" but decided against it!! ;D)

I'll try and remember to update this topic when I find out

fizzy lemonade

jg

Quote from: Magoo on May 31, 2018, 18:41:17 PM
Quote from: erik_tonny on May 29, 2018, 15:25:06 PM

Also remember that on most beaches in Fuerteventura, should you find yourself in a rip, you are on your Jack Jones unless you can attract the attention of a passing surfer dude.
So remember a rip won`t kill you, panic and exhaustion will. Don`t fight it, conserve energy and get on your back. Swim gently at 90 degrees to the beach, preferably in a direction that won`t get you dashed on the rocks. With any luck you will break free off the rip before going out too far, enabling you to get back to the beach. Trying to swim against the rip is pointless and you will quickly exhaust and drown. There are lots of good vids on YouTube posted by Australians that are well worth a look
I think you meant at 90 degrees to the rip, which is usually parallel to the beach.
With a bit of luck you may hit a water flow inwards towards the beach which suppies the water for the rip which was carrying you out, but don't count on it as it may not be present. In any case conserve your energy and don't try to fight it as magoo said.
JG

hairybiker

I finally managed to catch the guy in charge when he was there and awake. 

Yes, it is OK to Sun bathe naked on the sunbeds at the Northern end of his patch.  BUT only on the 3rd (back) row. The cost is 3euros per bed and 3 for an umbrella.  I asked about a weekly rate and his boss (who was there at the time) said 21euros ped bed. So no discounts for payment in advance or for a guaranteed revenue stream. No wonder he doesn't get a lot of customers.

fizzy lemonade

erik_tonny

Quote from: fizzy lemonade on May 26, 2018, 17:23:48 PM
If anybody has stayed here before you may know,  we are staying here in early October, not familiar with Flag beach, my question is if we leave the hotel via the Spa area, how soon before we can strip off? The answer is probably straight away but what would be commonplace? I know we can walk the other direction to just beyond Riu Oliva Beach

Also any sun beds for hire here that are naturist like the last couple beyond Oliva Beach? Just looking for a second option

Thanks

The Flag beach and the Riu are both in the same direction, south of GHN.
There is no reason to strip, you can leave GHN in the nude.
(Flag beach is the (wind)surfing centre between Corralejo and the Riu)

fizzy lemonade

GHN is now closed AFAIK,  we are staying at Riu Tres Islas so was asking as regards leaving Riu in the direction of Flag/GHN

erik_tonny

sorry, I misread your posting.