Author Topic: Forum Moderation  (Read 2390 times)

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
Forum Moderation
« on: June 14, 2018, 14:30:14 pm »
I have been on Wales online/rugby facebook page for some time and have never previously realised there was a string of house rules, See below, perhaps someone should implement these on here.

HOUSE RULES

The group is moderated by WalesOnline but you’re more than welcome to post links to other publications - as long as it’s relevant.

In order to keep this group an enjoyable environment, please follow the rules:

1. No personal abuse or attacks. It’s fine to discuss issues or to disagree with another person’s point of view but it's not acceptable to attack them on a personal level.

2. No unnecessary swearing or mindless abuse. You may think it’s mild but someone else may find it offensive.

3. We will not tolerate racist, sexist, homophobic or other hate-speech or anything that could be interpreted as such.

4. Please don’t post anything that may cause you or us legal problems. This includes posts that may be defamatory or material that may be in breach of copyright or invasive of another’s privacy.

5. Please don’t post adverts or promotional posts.

6. We reserve the right to moderate or delete content and if for any reason we edit any post or edit or close any thread, we will not enter into any discussion of our reasons for doing so.
Feel free to message us privately.

Offline zedzedeleven

Re: Forum Moderation
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 14:51:51 pm »
Hello, another control freak keen to force his petty fogging rules on the rest of the forum, why is it that some of these ego maniacs just cannot leave things alone, have to be in charge, have to have their stupid little rules, have to have the power to ban other people, start your own forum and leave this one alone and for your information it is moderated and it is invigilated. I should know, I have been on the sharp end of the admin tongue once or twice. Bloody Taffies.

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 15:01:42 pm »
Hello, another control freak keen to force his petty fogging rules on the rest of the forum, why is it that some of these ego maniacs just cannot leave things alone, have to be in charge, have to have their stupid little rules, have to have the power to ban other people, start your own forum and leave this one alone and for your information it is moderated and it is invigilated. I should know, I have been on the sharp end of the admin tongue once or twice. Bloody Taffies.

Think what you like, I am neither a  control freak or an egomaniac, but neither do I go around insulting people for no reason, I just believe this forum would be better off without the mindless slagging matches that go on here. please feel free to disagree, but if you want to insult me do me the courtesy of doing it face to face.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 15:28:00 pm »
A set of rules. Why whats happened to warrant that?

Offline Charlie dont surf

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 15:35:02 pm »
No need for rules. We're all adults (with the exception of Dagwood)

Nowt wrong with a bit of banter is there.

Offline Lexeus

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 15:54:50 pm »
I thought I was leaving the rules behind in Britain? Even if we did set some rules, you know it would be an awful lot of work to enforce them............  :D

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 16:46:39 pm »
I thought I was leaving the rules behind in Britain? Even if we did set some rules, you know it would be an awful lot of work to enforce them............  :D

Every one is entitled to an opinion, that very simply was mine.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 16:48:01 pm »
Well I’m not the one that threatened people and if it’s a hanging offence to think Brexit is the stupidest decision in the history of the planet then I’m pleading guilty. I’m also guilty of enjoying the present mess that is Brexit from the sideline and reporting it back to people some of who have the mindset of the flat earth society. It’s also nice to have a go at the brits now and again as they laughed at us for centuries but I don’t hate the Brits and I even have a few as friends and there basically ok when you get to understand their eccentric behaviour. Just look at Borris. You would get more sense from Stanly Unwin. Bet you don’t remember him.   
 Ivemovedon and myself disagree on almost every thing but one thing we both agree on (I think) is if we stopped disagreeing the forum would just go to a corner and die.
Right then back to the YR sauce , Coleman’s mustard and maybe a box of PG tips.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 16:50:27 pm »
I’m the one that threatened people with legal action

edited for acuracy

Offline ashworth

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 16:53:59 pm »
Well I’m not the one that threatened people and if it’s a hanging offence to think Brexit is the stupidest decision in the history of the planet then I’m pleading guilty. I’m also guilty of enjoying the present mess that is Brexit from the sideline and reporting it back to people some of who have the mindset of the flat earth society. It’s also nice to have a go at the brits now and again as they laughed at us for centuries but I don’t hate the Brits and I even have a few as friends and there basically ok when you get to understand their eccentric behaviour. Just look at Borris. You would get more sense from Stanly Unwin. Bet you don’t remember him.   
 Ivemovedon and myself disagree on almost every thing but one thing we both agree on (I think) is if we stopped disagreeing the forum would just go to a corner and die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UJZF5iRhNg

Top man...

Offline dagwood

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 16:54:25 pm »
I have been on Wales online/rugby facebook page for some time and have never previously realised there was a string of house rules, See below, perhaps someone should implement these on here.

HOUSE RULES

The group is moderated by WalesOnline but you’re more than welcome to post links to other publications - as long as it’s relevant.

In order to keep this group an enjoyable environment, please follow the rules:

1. No personal abuse or attacks. It’s fine to discuss issues or to disagree with another person’s point of view but it's not acceptable to attack them on a personal level.

2. No unnecessary swearing or mindless abuse. You may think it’s mild but someone else may find it offensive.

3. We will not tolerate racist, sexist, homophobic or other hate-speech or anything that could be interpreted as such.

4. Please don’t post anything that may cause you or us legal problems. This includes posts that may be defamatory or material that may be in breach of copyright or invasive of another’s privacy.

5. Please don’t post adverts or promotional posts.

6. We reserve the right to moderate or delete content and if for any reason we edit any post or edit or close any thread, we will not enter into any discussion of our reasons for doing so.
Feel free to message us privately.

You forgot 7. To ensure safe sex refrain from jumping off the wardrobe or similar.

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 16:55:41 pm »
The Welsh Rugby forum must be really exciting :'( :P

Offline dagwood

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 16:59:22 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UJZF5iRhNg

Top Man

Your on the ball there ashworth. 
He makes makes more sense than a lot of the muppets that we all have representing us.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2018, 17:01:11 pm »
The Welsh Rugby forum must be really exciting :'( :P

Did someone mention sheep 🐑

Offline zedzedeleven

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2018, 17:09:56 pm »

Think what you like, I am neither a  control freak or an egomaniac, but neither do I go around insulting people for no reason, I just believe this forum would be better off without the mindless slagging matches that go on here. please feel free to disagree, but if you want to insult me do me the courtesy of doing it face to face.
Have you escaped from somewhere? How am I supposed to insult you face to face? Am I supposed to wander through Wales calling in at all the rugby clubs asking if they have a Johnrgby2 in residence?  Typical knee jerk  aggressive and threatening response from a meathead ruggerb.u.g.g.e.r.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 17:12:42 pm »

This guy would have a great future in Brussels.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2018, 17:30:00 pm »
I think consensus of opinion is we don't need any rules.

And for the record  yes I do disagree with daggie on virtually every subject known to man. But i defend his right to his opinion and me to mine. and I always like to hear the other side of the spectrum. (daft as it may be  ;))

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2018, 17:32:59 pm »

Have you escaped from somewhere? How am I supposed to insult you face to face? Am I supposed to wander through Wales calling in at all the rugby clubs asking if they have a Johnrgby2 in residence?  Typical knee jerk  aggressive and threatening response from a meathead ruggerb.u.g.g.e.r.

I am resident on Fuerteventura and will be happy to discuss it with you the next time you are here.

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2018, 17:35:25 pm »

You obviously have failed to comprehend from my posts that I  am very very anti The EU so it is highly unlikely I would have a future there ::)

Offline dagwood

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2018, 17:42:17 pm »
[/

You obviously have failed to comprehend from my posts that I  am very very anti The EU so it is highly unlikely I would have a future there ::)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 17:46:39 pm by dagwood »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 17:50:19 pm »

I’m pro EU but will admit they have a lot of unelected rule makers who like you are a pain in the butt.

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2018, 17:51:02 pm »
I think consensus of opinion is we don't need any rules.

And for the record  yes I do disagree with daggie on virtually every subject known to man. But i defend his right to his opinion and me to mine. and I always like to hear the other side of the spectrum. (daft as it may be  ;))

Daggie?? Sounds like you'd make a swell couple of bed fellows!

Offline dagwood

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2018, 17:57:38 pm »
Keep out Charlie three to a bed is one two many.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2018, 17:59:34 pm »
Sorry I don't bat for the other side.

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2018, 18:01:15 pm »

You'd be up all night quarrelling about this and that.

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2018, 18:08:24 pm »
I agree these would be very useful John. I have been reporting certain posters on here to Admin for months with no response at all.

It’s all fine everyone being entitled to their own opinion, I am all for that. However I disagree with abusive content, aggression or bad language. It seems to be par for the course these days though. I reluctantly would say from experience you are on a hiding to nothing with this lot !!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 00:06:13 am by spitfire58 »

Offline Johnrgby2

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2018, 18:19:23 pm »
I agree these would be very useful John. I have been reporting certain poster on here to Admin for months with no response at all.

It’s all fine everyone being entitled to their own opinion, I am all for that. However, I disagree with abusive content, aggression or bad language. It seems to be par for the course these days though. I reluctantly would say from experience you are on a hiding to nothing with this lot !!!

Hi, Ron,
you are undoubtedly right, however, I stand by my opinion that some sort of moderation would only improve this forum, I have had over the years defend my opinion in much tougher circumstances than this forum, and while my opinion did not always hold sway, it did often enough. I have no objection to banter, and actually enjoy it, however, the keyboard warriors on here,  think personal insults an abusive language, is banter, will eventually kill this forum.

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2018, 18:26:24 pm »
Stop it. You two are like Cagney and Lacey!

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2018, 18:27:08 pm »

You'd be up all night quarrelling about this and that.

Hinge and Bracket LOL

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2018, 19:20:36 pm »
I think you knew exactly what you were doing when you made your post, knowing exactly what the response would be, well done, nice fishing, the bait taking by most.