el torro

Started by cairocuz1, April 12, 2014, 21:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cairocuz1

great steak house serving more than just steaks. this resturants on the main strip near the harbour fantastic service and a great venue t bone steak here are huge and very tasty,fish and king prawn kebab was very good well worth a try

vanessa205

I agree, the food here is delicious and the service great!

We have to go at least twice every time we visit! :-)

Can the Man

I thought this place was closed ?

spongebob squarepants

Quote from: Can the Snake Man on July 04, 2014, 19:18:09 PM
I thought this place was closed ?
Very much open last night. Fillet steak very nice indeed!.

SheilaW

I can't place it and main strip by the harbour doesn't help. Main strip (i.e. calle nuestra señora del carmen) or old town (i.e. pedestrianised)?

isleswing

From the description, I thought it was El Toro Bravo on calle nuestra señora del carmen just next to the Atlantico. It's just a shame people don't get the name right, or give a good description.

One word.Streetview. I love it, just had myself a fix, actually.

Can the Man

Maybe I am thinking of a different place, I am thinking of the one that was in beside the mexican and the chinese buffet (the good one) in the small square where they have kiddy rides. It is behind the Jewelers shop on the left hand side as you travel down the main street.

They used do a fantastic fillet steak with a big chunk of Fois Grais on it.  :)

SheilaW

Quote from: Can the Snake Man on July 07, 2014, 17:06:14 PM
Maybe I am thinking of a different place, I am thinking of the one that was in beside the mexican and the chinese buffet (the good one) in the small square where they have kiddy rides. It is behind the Jewelers shop on the left hand side as you travel down the main street.

Wasn't that called Olé! or something? Anyway, it's gone.

Can the Man

Quote from: SheilaW on July 07, 2014, 18:37:46 PM
Quote from: Can the Snake Man on July 07, 2014, 17:06:14 PM

Wasn't that called Olé! or something? Anyway, it's gone.

That's it Sheila, sorry my previous comment is irrelevant now that it's closed  :'(

El toro is the one on the right hand side with the steps upstairs from the outside. Great steak Resturant .  :)

suendrob

We eat here every year. Greeted like old friends, though its only visit 6 at least 2 waiters genuinely do recognise us.
For such a busy place, the standards and service are right on the ball
The food is good, mixed meat skewers for us, own made sweets to follow.
Interestingly, waiter used his electronic order pad thing to subtly take our photo and then checked our names. If I did facebook I'd look on there. Obviously had a good reason for doing it.
This is the place some other restaurant owners should come, with their staff, to see how service and efficiency can work for them.
Only downside of the evening for us was the awful English couple seated next to us. Very Loud with a lot to say and drink. They wereat the top of the  to the upper area, so nobody else but us for them to talk to. Strong views on the naked people they saw on the beach- they picked the wrong ones to tell! , also, weve got this that and everything else. Want to buy a place on the waterfront so they can Jetski. That tells you s omething about them. Shouting for service, calling out to a local sat below them who had t bone and then going down to cheer him on as he finished. Talk about letting the side down!!! Really embarrassing situation, it took the edge off the evening.  Can't blame the place for that tho.