Cafe Central Restaurant + Map

Started by duncolm, August 06, 2013, 13:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duncolm

This place is situated in the pedestrian precinct which leads down to the old harbour. The tables are in the middle of the street, beside the fishermen statue, and the kitchen and storeroom are in the buildings at the side. This is an informal place, Yolanda and her staff will chat to passing locals in the street, small dogs wander about under the tables, family members get fed at tables too. 

The menu includes a lot of traditional Canarian food as main dishes or as tapas. We go for the tapas option, though three plates between two of us is enough, unless we're particularly hungry or gluttinous. Well worth a visit.

I found this on Youtube:
HOW TO MAKE 'MOJO' (sauce) - Yolanda of 'Bar Cafe Central' (El Cotillo, Fuerteventura) shows us how

[map]?=28.683451697104818,%20-14.01098467318991=18=Cafe Central=hybrid[/map]

TripleH

We were actually served raw fish here last year!

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Yolanda's Pork, Chorizo and Chickpea stew is delicious and very filling. Her Mojo sauce is one of the best and hottest I've tasted.
I've heard that she closes earlier now - can someone confirm the opening times please? (We normally go for a late lunch so not sure of the evening hours.)
Funniest thing I've seen is one very, very hot afternoon: Yolanda walked out of the kitchen and straight into the sea. Swam around for 5 minutes, came out and walked dripping straight back into her kitchen.  ;D  I can only imagine how hot it must be in that tiny kitchen with all the pans and fryers going!

isleswing

It's a place we've walked straight past (or through!) so many times, but never visited. The trouble with El Cotillo is that there's so many good eateries that you can't get round everywhere during a stay.
This year, we stopped off just for a late coffee one night, and were made very welcome.
The menu is long and varied, very reasonably priced. Next year, we'll make a special point of lunching there.

btw - On the map, the marker is in completely the wrong place. Cafe Central is at the other end of the waterfront - see the fairy circle of mushrooms (umbrellas)

jg

We have sometimes eaten there lunchtime if in town but if the weather is decent we we normally be naked at the lagoons.
We haven't eaten there in the evening as it is usually too cool for us  in winter when we visit.
JG

MinRich

concerned cat

This has changes hands & has a new name. Apologies, I can't remember what it's now called. Ate there this evening. Waited far too long for drinks then immediately asked what we'd like to eat before we'd even seen the menu. My partner chose mussels & I fish. Hers came after 30 minutes or so. Both our glasses were empty by this time & despite trying to attract waiters attention, that's how they stayed. After an hour of arriving there was no sign of my fish or any more drinks, so we left, leaving what we thought covered the food eaten. It was not busy. There's no excuse for bad service. We will not be returning.