Calima and High Temperatures from Wednesday.

Started by woe10, October 09, 2017, 13:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woe10

Yuk.
A Calima and High Temperatures in the 30s from Wednesday

Johnrgby2

Deso

Does this make it any easier for you to bear?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655237

I suppose it would keep the dust down.   :D
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

Johnrgby2

Quote from: Deso on October 09, 2017, 14:07:43 PM

Yeah but thats Bolton, you would expect anything to happen there, floods, plagues. pestilence :D :D

Deso

Quote from: Johnrgby2 on October 09, 2017, 14:31:19 PM

Yeah but thats Bolton, you would expect anything to happen there, floods, plagues. pestilence :D :D

That was last week John, we are back to normal now, rain and more rain.  :o
Regards, Neil
Looking forward to the day I tick the "One way only" box when booking flights to Fuerte. [:)]

woe10

TamaraEnLaPlaya

Thanks for the warning - I had 2 items on my 'to do' list for tomorrow: clean windows and clean car. Both now indefinitely delayed  ;D

malabu

Quote from: Deso on October 09, 2017, 14:56:12 PM
Quote from: Johnrgby2 on October 09, 2017, 14:31:19 PM

Just back from a week in the U/K weather was just great one little bit of rain and that it was just a shirt job most days. even the evening where good

That was last week John, we are back to normal now, rain and more rain.  :o

bedouin

Hope the high temps last until 6 Nov, from a purely selfish point of view!

woe10

Downgraded to light Calima but very hot through weekend.

Windermeregolfer

You would all love Windermere today with it's weather warning,  4 inches of rain forecast and I would say we have had that already and there are still 4 or 5hours of rain to go.

spitfire58

Quote from: Windermeregolfer on October 11, 2017, 11:31:07 AM
You would all love Windermere today with it's weather warning,  4 inches of rain forecast and I would say we have had that already and there are still 4 or 5hours of rain to go.

Ha ha John, they don`t know how good they have it !! Not so much rain in Fife but still getting colder & more miserable ☹️☹️

ashworth

How does the course stand up to that much rain? My old club Appleby in the Eden Valley coped well with very heavy rain and would drain within hours.

ashworth

No Calima so far just  very noisy Water Engineers cutting the pathways on El Vergal for the new waterpipe they have been installing this year around the golf course. I can see at least 2/3 months of disturbance. There is going to be some very unhappy Residents and Holidaymakers.

woe10

It's on it's way. At it's utmost on Friday.  Click for bigger image.

beachlife

Quote from: ashworth on October 11, 2017, 13:17:47 PM
No Calima so far just  very noisy Water Engineers cutting the pathways on El Vergal for the new waterpipe they have been installing this year around the golf course. I can see at least 2/3 months of disturbance. There is going to be some very unhappy Residents and Holidaymakers.

We have been putting up with years of noise, dust and traveling further with the motorway construction and still years to go by the look of it. Nobody in charge seems to be worried about problems like this. Its part of the manana attitude, so you just have to live with it. Wouldn`t be surprised if the work takes longer than you think.

Windermeregolfer

Quote from: ashworth on October 11, 2017, 13:11:49 PM
How does the course stand up to that much rain? My old club Appleby in the Eden Valley coped well with very heavy rain and would drain within hours.

With difficulty, the ground was already saturated with all the rain over the last  6 weeks so we have rivers flowing down a number of fairways and lots of new ponds!!!  The greens drain well thank goodness.

I like playing Appleby