Di Napoli Pizzeria + Map

Started by Ronnietheblue, October 22, 2013, 15:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnietheblue

Run by Frenchman Noel and his brother, still one of the best pizza's I've tasted. The solomillo pimienta is an excellent steak, accompanied with delicious dauphinois potatoes, is a dish I would recommend. Starters are both varied and tasty, I usually opt for the fuerteventuran salad, with its lovely goats cheese. As for a sweet, the apple tarte, takes some beating.Bill for 2 inc wine, is around 70 euros.

[map]?=28.733856057149044,%20-13.869469463825226=16=Di Napoli=roadmap[/map]

SheilaW

I'm afraid I can't agree. Actually, the TA reviews of this place are remarkably mixed. I wonder if it has to do with which staff are on. After spending 15 years in France I'm absolutely flabbergasted to hear it's French-owned. :o One thing that's interesting is that virtually all Italian reviews are bad! :-X Here's what I thought:

Our second visit and my husband's been satisfied (though no more) with his pizza each time. My spaghetti the first time was OK, too, but this time I ordered spinach ravioli and it was quite simply disgusting. One of the ravioli was open and I wished I hadn't seen the filling. You know those green pellets kids are given to feed farm animals? Well, it hadn't changed a jot on its journey from factory (this had never seen a kitchen) to table. I suspect that the ravioli were designed to be boiled prior to mixing with a cheese sauce. These were totally dry, just super-heated. And for 11€ I expect much better than that.

The worst thing was that we were asked on the way out if we'd enjoyed our meal, and all the asker (presumably the manager/owner?) did in answer to my husband's "no" was to avoid eye contact and hurry away. One of the few places in Corralejo I'll never be visiting again. The setting is actually very nice, but not with a plate of rabbit food in front of you.

Ronnietheblue

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences Sheila. We've been visiting for the last 25 years and have never had a bad meal. Where would you recommend, will certainly give it a try next time we are over. Please PM if you don't want to advertise your recommendation.

SheilaW

With so many restaurants here, I couldn't possibly give one recommendation; anyway, so much depends on what you like. But I've reviewed most of them on TA and, contrary to what some people say about the reviews there, I can assure you that lots of them (for Corralejo, anyway) are as honest and objective as mine.