El Mirador - No map required

Started by gattaca66, June 03, 2014, 20:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gattaca66

Unless I've missed it, I seem to be leaving the first review for El Mirador, a bit surprising considering it's prominent location right in front of El Toston and Africama. In terms of setting it would be hard to beat - we visited relatively early on a quiet Tuesday evening and sat upstairs, sun still shining over the waters of what I believe is the old harbour, fabulous views. Food-wise, probably a bit pricier than average for the island, but I had the fillet steak and it was excellent - good size and properly medium rare, unlike in the UK where 'medium' is dried to a crisp! Helen had the Beef Stroganoff, some unusual spices she reckoned, but thoroughly enjoyed it.

So, to summarise, decent food, smallish menu, not cheap, but on a sunny afternoon/evening a joy to be there if you can get a table on the viewing side of the upper floor!

jg

.. .. .. and if they haven't got football on the upstairs telly.
That's what has tended to put us off.
JG

SoCal

I think you really do post the first review of El Mirador. And since in El Cotillo everything revolves around El Toston, irrespective of owner, you are correct, no map is required.

While I have had the American tendency to turn my nose up to any beef on this island, I do enjoy a nice serving of beef stroganoff. Hence I appreciate the review. (And unlike my naturist mentor, JG, I don't care if there is soccer* on the television or not. ;)  )

* Sorry folks, but until the mid 1970's the word used to represent English "football" was soccer. The word was later somewhat adopted by NZ and Australia in the mid 2000's.  I guess we Americans are more conservative as the UK folks. ;) 

(Just having fun... nothing serious. Personally, I think football truly is a better word to represent the sport.)

Modified to correct for effects of overindulging.
Biking and beaches - total freedom

jg

Quote from: SoCal on June 04, 2014, 19:48:17 PM
<on-topic stuff snipped>
(Just halving fun... nothing serious. Personally, I think football truly is a better word to represent the sport.)
To digress off-topic for a few moments -

I tend to agree about the word football.
The Rugby (Union and League), Gaelic, Australian and American rules versions tend to be more about carrying it than kicking it.
JG

westhamrule

We had a couple of lovely evening meals at El Mirador last Easter. Set tapas with wine one time and off the main menu the other, food very nice. We also sat on the bottom terrace one lunchtime and had a couple of jugs of very nice sangria and ordered mushrooms and papas arrugadas and bread with mojo sauce = Yummy  :D

mark09

We had dinner here after leaving another restaurant without ordering. A delicious meal. As mains we had the T Bone which was a special of the evening. A bit more pricey as some have said but done perfectly and really tender. Very friendly service as well