Fuerte vs Gran Can

Started by Chris Sunny Bum, June 12, 2016, 10:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Sunny Bum

My wife and I were Gran Can last August and I was disappointed I couldn't find somewhere nice to get sun on my buns. How is it in Fuerte?

We tried lots of beaches in GC and the only one where full male nudity seemed to be accepted was Maspalomas, which we didn't like much.  Dunes are seedy and shore too crowded and posey.

She isn't really bothered about sun on the bum but it is something I really enjoy.
I know there are others like Guigui but they areally really hard to get to.

We have to go in August because of the constraints in our jobs. Does it make a difference?

I'm really hoping someone has some tips where male nudity (in a couple) is acceptable in Fuerteventura. Thanks!

paully

Pretty much most beaches in Fuerteventura are what you are seeking. Obviously not those in close proximity to built up areas and Caleta doesnt have facilities to be naturist friendly. Certainly Costa Calma down to Jandia are big beautiful expanses of sand and the dunes area just south of Corralejo the same.

This Island is very laid back all year round and so are the people on it, the beaches are clothing optional and those with and without, as it were, mix freely among each other without problem. Certainly far better than GC..
I HATE computer thingyss

SheilaW

Also over in El Cotillo there are lagoons to the north of the village. In the winter there are naturists everywhere but in August you'll need to go a bit out of town.

The thing is, even if you're the only one, it's OK. Beaches outside town here are clothes optional.

jaynek65

Jandia area is very good for naturism, Good beaches are Risco del Gato, Butihondo, Jandia, and the beaches around Costa Calma (especially beaches to the right of the main CC beach towards the surf club) Basically most beaches in the south are acceptable, We have only had one instance ( in 12+ visits to the south) of being shouted at by a surfer to "go and get some clothes on" of course we ignored him and carried on !!  The south is mainly occupied by German tourist (say 70 Germans / 30 brits ratio) but don't let this put you off, we have met some wonderful naturist over the yrs, of all nationalities, after all, naked you are all the same !

MinRich

Quote from: jaynek65 on June 17, 2016, 12:50:38 PM
Jandia area is very good for naturism, Good beaches are Risco del Gato, Butihondo, Jandia, and the beaches around Costa Calma (especially beaches to the right of the main CC beach towards the surf club) Basically most beaches in the south are acceptable, We have only had one instance ( in 12+ visits to the south) of being shouted at by a surfer to "go and get some clothes on" of course we ignored him and carried on !!  The south is mainly occupied by German tourist (say 70 Germans / 30 brits ratio) but don't let this put you off, we have met some wonderful naturist over the yrs, of all nationalities, after all, naked you are all the same !

You haven't met Rob of SuendRob then  ;D

Chris Sunny Bum

Thanks for all the advice!  That's really great. Looks like we will be taking a trip to Fuerteventura this August!